Status: IN EDITING (It's not that good, just a bunch of mess lol)

Straying out of Sanity

Chapter Eighteen

"Where the hell have you been?" I heard once I entered the room I was staying in.

I looked up as I closed the door behind me and saw Mitch stand up from his bed. "I should ask you the same," I replied to him before yawning and scratching my messy hair.

"Did you not notice the house was fucking empty yesterday? I was with The Joker. Now where were you?" he asked again.

With the Joker, same as you, I thought but instead replied, "I fell asleep because this asshole," I indicated Jay, who was laying in my bed with my little sister, and in turn he flipped me off, "left me out in one of the living room things with the giant TV and I fell asleep in some hallway when I tried to come back here."

Mitch looked over at Jay and he retorted with, "That's not my fault! She didn't wanna come back in here so we could have a remote so I left her there."

"Key words you left me," I said and started digging through my clothes, which I had moved to the dresser by now, for fresh clothes, which I was running out of fast since no one in this house knew where to do laundry... well at least Tom, Paige and Jared didn't. None of us had really bothered to talk to one of the other angry psychos in this mansion.

"No, that's not what I meant, I didn't leave her-"

"You left her," my sister cut Jay off.

"Well fuck you too then," he replied and shoved her away from him, since she was using his shoulder as a pillow, "Get off my bed."

"This is my bed, you get off," she shoved him back, much harder than he shoved her, and he almost fell over the side since he was right on the edge to begin with.

Ignoring them I made my way, arms full of clothes, into the bathroom but Mitch stopped me before I closed the door.

"What?" I asked him, setting the clothes down on the counter.

"Where else were you?" he asked me.

"Nowhere, I was just asleep in the hall," okay now I was lying to him.

"Mhm, and that explains why you have blood on your pants and why you have," he reached down to grab my wrists and bring them up to show me my arms, "face paint allover your arms."

I looked down, perplexed and realized I did have smears of red, black and white (or more of a messy mixture of all three) smeared on my arms. That was odd because I didn't remember smearing my arms all over The Joker's face. Maybe that bed was messier than I thought.

"I have no idea how that got there," I looked back up at Mitch to see he wasn't buying it. He let go of my wrists and stared at me, crossing his arms.

"What?" I asked meekly.

"Stay away from him, Emma," he said before turning around and leaving, closing the door behind him.

I looked back down at my arms before taking my pants off and finding more face paint there. I then turned to look in the mirror to see if any was on my face to find it absent. I guess that'd make sense if I had used Joker's chest as a pillow all night.

~ ~ ~

"You are wearing a ton of makeup," Jay told me and I looked at him through the reflection in the mirror on the dresser I was using to put my makeup on.

"No I'm not," I said turning back to my reflection, "The only thing I'm wearing that'd make you say that is the violet eyeshadow."

"You never wear eyeshadow so it looks like you're wearing a ton on makeup," Jay replied. Him and my sister were still on that bed, Mitch on the other, and the three of them were watching TV.

"I can wear eyeshadow if I want," I told him.

"Who are you trying to impress?" I heard Mitch and I looked over at him. He didn't look happy and I knew what he was thinking. "I mean with the purple and all," he added and I turned back to my reflection again, rolling my eyes, and finished applying my mascara.

"Shes just trying to match her shirt," Laurel defended me, completely missing what Mitch was getting at.

"Exactly," I said anyways and decided to leave my hair down since it wasn't even completely dry yet from me washing it. I turned around to face my sister and asked, "Are you hungry?"

"Yes!" Jay answered before her, getting off the bed.

"I wasn't asking you, I was asking my sister," I told him.

"It doesn't matter she's hungry too, aren't you Laurel?" he asked her and she barely even had time to open her mouth before he continued with, "Okay, good. We can go have Emma make breakfast now."

"You're a douche-fag," I said before exiting the room. Jay quickly followed me, along with Laurel and Mitch was last, turning off the TV and closing our door.

"I hope you know that I'm not making you food," I told Jay as he passed me, walking with my little sister. He flipped me off and ignored me the rest of the way to the kitchen, not that there was much to ignore because I didn't speak to him.

When we got to the kitchen we realized quickly that It wasn't empty.

"Emma, what up girl?" I heard once I entered the kitchen. I was a bit startled because the kitchen had never greeted me before when I entered it but a quick glance around produced three guys, one of which I recognized.

"Oh, Leo... hey..." I said, a bit unsure of the situation. I had never seen Leo at this house before and I also haven't seen him in over a week since the whole nightclub scenario. I couldn't think of a reason for him to be here now.

"Hungry?" he then asked, holding up one of a few Kentucky Fried Chicken buckets on the counter him and the other two guys were seated at.

"Um... actually I'm not hungry but these guys are. We were coming down so I could make them food."

"Oh well we've got plenty, you don't need to make none," Leo smiled at me.

While Leo and I were talking Mitch was greeted by one of the other guys and was already sitting with them eating a piece of fried chicken. Jay followed him and Laurel and I went to sit my Leo, me in between them.

"There's a kid with you," he stated once he noticed Laurel.

"Yeah, shes my little sister," I told him.

"You wouldn't think you'd see a kid in this place."

"I get that a lot actually," Laurel told him.

"I wonder why," Leo responded sarcastically and Laurel gave him an evil look.

"Why do you have all this food anyways?" I asked, ignoring their silent argument.

"Well... there was more of us but the bosses needed them," Leo informed.

I was about to nod in understanding but then stopped, "Wait, bosses?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"As in plural?"

Across from me one of the guys laughed. I looked over to him and he asked, "You think Joker's doing all this by himself?" I gave him a blank stare in response. "Joker's just some charismatic psycho who knows where to make friends," he added, "None of this shit'd be goin' down if he wasn't affiliated with Croc."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah well I'\d like to hear him tell Joker that to his face =3

I'm sorry this is a filler. I didn't realize it until right before the kitchen and then I kinda got mad and didn't write for a few days lol =] and I'm sorry if the "douche-fag" bit if that offended you, I stole if from one of the Powerthirst commercials from Youtube x]

And I changed the name of this finally =D but the banner has the Emma with blue eyes now =[ Shes not supposed to have blue eyes =/ Oh well.

Oh and I also wanted to thank everyone who commented last chapter because all of you made me feel so happy =D