Status: IN EDITING (It's not that good, just a bunch of mess lol)

Straying out of Sanity

Chapter Three

"Is he gonna be okay?" Laurel asked about Jay as Mitch laid him down on the floor of the van.

"He should be fine, he's waking up sorta," Mitch told her and Jay moaned and moved his head a bit to the side. "You should've seen him after you were knocked out. He like stole one of the guy's guns and went all crazy on them with it," he added and Laurel giggled.

I gave her a weird look and she said, "It's true! He kept shooting everyone. He flipped out after than man hit you with his gun."

"He pistol whipped her," Mitch informed and I smiled.

"Your big sister survived getting pistol whipped," I told her and she raised her eyebrow at me.

"You were passed out for twenty minutes and still can't walk straight," she told me and I stuck my tongue out at her.

She rolled her eyes and looked back down at the semi unconscious Jay. As she moved the rear view mirror (why the hell this van had one I don't know because the windows were blacked out) replaced her head and The Joker had his hand on it, staring at me through it. It made me very uneasy, even if he just saved our lives. This guy was a ruthless psychopathic killer.

I swallowed hard and looked back down at Jay on the floor. I sat as still as I could, staring at Jay as he slowly regained consciousness, but I could feel him just keep staring at me.

It was like this for almost ten minutes before I got up enough courage to glance back up and saw that he was no longer staring at me. I sighed quietly, closing my eyes, and leaned against the side of the van feeling relieved.

"Where are we?" Jay muttered from the floor.

"Umm... we'll explain later, just don't freak out," Mitch told him. I opened my eyes and saw Jay was awake now, but still laying down. I didn't blame him either; I probably still couldn't walk straight.

"Why? Who're we with?" he asked and attempted to sit up.

"I wouldn't try that, you don't have someone to catch you," a high pitched voice sounded from the front. I felt goose bumps erupt over my arms and neck and looked back at the rear view mirror. Like before he was staring at me through it.

I looked back down at Jay as quickly as I could as my unease spread through my body again.

"What?" Jay asked, looking at the front of the van. I silently pleaded for him not to do anything stupid and grabbed Laurel's hand.

I heard Jay take in a sharp breath and I glanced back and saw The Joker leaning over his seat. He noticed me and grinned devilishly before turning back around and staring at me through the rear view mirror again.

I looked backed back down at Jay and his eyes were huge, staring back up at me. I shook my head at him slightly hoping he wouldn't say anything.

He stayed quiet, obviously thinking the way I was.

The whole van was quite for the rest of the ride to wherever the hell we were going. And it took a long fucking time to get there too, around half an hour of sitting in silence. I couldn't help but start to fidget a little from my boredom.

Finally the van started to slow and park inside a garage, I could tell from the front window since it was the only one not blacked out.

The back doors to the van were opened by the clown driving and the two clowns in back with us left first as Mitch helped Jay sit up and move to the edge of the van he helped him out and supported Jay on his right side since he was favoring that foot. Laurel hopped out next, ready to help me out of the van but instead a purple clad hand beat her to the punch. I looked up to The Joker's face for a second before hesitantly taking his hand and getting out of the van.

I quickly let go as soon as I was down and used my sister's shoulder for support. One of the clowns closed the back doors.

Mitch, Jay, my sister and I stood in the garage for a second before hesitantly exiting the garage along with the three clowns and their boss.

We stopped in the first room that connected to the garage, meeting up with five more clowns. The Joker was talking with them quietly as we entered. "Decided to join us! How thoughtful!" The Joker chimed, turning to us as the door closed behind us. He then turned back to the clowns and finished up with them before leaving with six of them following.

"Follow us," one of the two left said and exited the room through a different door way.

I exchanged glances with Mitch and Jay before following them. They led us through what seemed like the entrance hall, which had huge floor to ceiling windows and an elegant dark maple door. There was a huge lawn and some fern and pine trees in the giant front yard.
We exited to our rights and entered one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. It had a high ceiling with a beautiful crystal chandelier in the middle above a coffee table, with a vase filled with dried flowers, in between two couches. Past that was a spiral staircase with an elevator underneath it to the left.

They led us into the elevator and took us to the third floor. They led us out of the elevator and out of the room, what looked like a mini library, into a hall. A ways down we came to a door with a peek hole and the number four underneath it in black spray-paint that contrasted horribly with the white door, let alone the whole elegance of the house.

One of the men pulled out a key ring and unlocked the door. Inside were two queen sized beds, a flat screen television in between on the opposite wall, a hope chest, a mirror dresser, a sliding mirror door closet, a windowsill with a few pillows and a throw, and a door leading to a bathroom, since it was partially open and I could see a Jacuzzi-like bathtub.

One of the clowns went in there and started pulling personal stuff, like razors and brushes out of their spots while the other started emptying the dresser drawers and closet.

The room was amazing and all but I felt guilty that The Joker was kicking people out of it for us. The two clowns ended up piling everything up in the hallway outside before leaving.

One of them stopped halfway out the door, with some clothes in their hands, and said "We'll be coming back in about two hours to get you for Dinner, and we'll bring a wheel chair for him," obviously referring to Jay, and then he turned to me and said, "the previous inhabitants are dead, don't feel guilty. Joker will flip out," he closed the door behind him and I heard it lock.

"How the hell did he know I felt guilty?" I asked and sat on the bed next to Jay.

"The look on your face was pretty obvious," he told me as Mitch and Laurel checked out the bathroom.

"It's huge!" Laurel laughed coming back out, "Is this our home now?" she asked.

"I don't even think this is The Joker's home. Its way too fancy," I told her.

"You could say that again," Mitch said and collapsed on the other bed.

"So then how long are we here for?" Laurel asked and sat by Mitch.

None of us had an answer for her. Instead I said, "Come on kid, let's clean you up."

"They're more cut up than me," she protested and I laughed.

"They're big boys and can do it themselves," I told her and followed her into the bathroom.

"I can't even fucking walk!" I heard Jay yell and I laughed as I looked around for something to clean my sister up with. The best I could find was the soap bar and a paper towel. I was washing the soap off, since I had no idea where it's been as Mitch came into the room, carrying Jay bridal style. I rolled my eyes that them and started washing off Laurel's cuts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy 2009 =D!!!

...Ok enough enthusiasm since its like two thirty in the morning here in Arizona right now. My boyfriend came over and that's the reason I'm posting this so... early in the morning... And yes its a rather action-less chapter and pretty much nothing at all happens in it =/ But! I betcha didn't expect Mr.Joker to live in a high class manor now did you? Its far from a warehouse or a purple and green random hotel type hallway building thing... ;]

Oh and has anybody read the Joker comic book by Brian Azzarello? If you have can you please explain to me why Joker is on his knees crying in front of Miss Sexy Amazing Pants (aka Harley Quinn) when Jonny is talking about his pet frog that he threw off the roof? ... <.< >.> no I'm not a lesbian...