A Student/Teacher Relationship

Waking Up.

My POV:

The back of my eye lids are such a calming sight. That was a very messed up dream. Feels like I've been sleeping for close to forever. Maybe it's still September and I just had a very elaborate dream. That would be nice, but then again Billie Joe and I would never have existed (if that's his real name). But it was so real.

I yawned and turned over. Ow! Ow ow ow what-the-hell-is-that?! The surrounding black I saw flashed into blinding light. I laid still letting my eye sight focus and ignoring the terrible stinging jammed into my arm. Fuzzy whiteness settled into a sharper image. This isn't my room. In fact I've seen one just like it when my grandpa passed away; The dreaded hospital room.

"Becky? Oh my god you're awake!" I looked over and saw Rachel sitting next to me, wide-eyed. "Um um uh are you ok? Do you need anything?" Her questions rambled on.

"...Rache, shut up..." I whispered. Was that my voice? It's so hoarse. Have I been sucking on cotton? "What's going on?"

My hyped up sister settled into a despondent silence. "...You broke your promise."

"What promise?"

"...You said you'd never hurt yourself again and now you're here." Her pupils lined my arm. Good going Nidiot. You went down the road, not across the street. Once she saw I had nothing to say, her tone became surprisingly tremulous. "Nevermind. Before mom comes back, is it true?"

"You're going to have to specify."

"That guy you were seeing? He's a teacher?" Her gaze refused to leave the vacant doorway. Oh no... I imitated a sincere shrug of absent mindedness.

"Ok I know you're not going to be up front about this, but you have to. The police wanna talk to you.-"

"But how?"

"A teacher walked in, I guess after you passed out and there's questions about how he was interacting with you or something? But now everything is a complete mess. It's all horse shit right? She was making it up?"

"I-I-I don't remember."

"You must! If it is, Becky you have to tell the police everything so we can keep this guy in jail."

"What?!" The strongest my voice has been so far.

"They can only keep him in there for so long. It's all here say practically and they're lucky they've kept him in for this long already." I can't hear anymore.

"Rachel, I want to be alone right now."

"Becky, this guy is a sicko. You're not stupid. He tricked or forced you some how. He doesn't lov-"

"Leave me alone!" I pounded my fist onto the mattress, and a sharp pain shot up and down my arm and dwelled under the bandage. Rachel jumped at my command. She wasn't about to go, but then remembered that I'm her kid sister lying in a hospital bed recovering from an assumed suicide attempt and suffering from sexual exploitation. She gently squeezed my hand and exited the room.

Billie Joe is in jail? He's smarter than that. It's all because of me. Short sound bytes and light sensations swirled around my already blurry brain. I remember... a tear, his tear hitting my cheek? I can still feel the suddle tingle on my lips. His finger perhaps? "Not mad... first kiss...confession... Green Day." Green day? What's that supposed to mean? Wait I can recall one clear sentence.

"Know that I will always love you... Maybe we'll meet again some day." Billie Joe, wherever you are, I love you too. I'll try to make some day come as soon as I can