A Student/Teacher Relationship

St. Jimmy?

2.5 Weeks Later...

California life is definitely more exciting than that of Illinois; well for what little I've experienced so far. Being here with Jimmy and his friends, I'm sure more is to come. Let's see in this cramped, one bedroom apartment there is Scott, Terry, Evan and Andrea, and Jimmy and I (his "girlfriend). Why I have to fake being his girlfriend I'm unclear of. He introduced me with that title immediately after my name was said so there was no chance to make his friends think otherwise. Finally living the darker side of being a teenager, something about this place almost obligates me to wear a heavy layer of eyeliner and smudged enough to look as though I haven't slept a night in weeks (which feels true). Perhaps I'm a little insecure at being a badass.

At the moment all 6 of us are sitting around basically twiddling our thumbs, attempting to reach a united decision on what to do. One by one we had woken in the afternoon hours ago from a night of satisfying underage partying. Terry being the oldest is 19, but from this killer headache, he obviously has many friends in the liquor business.

"What do you all want to do?" Andrea sat up on the bare mattress positioned on the floor below the window. A round of shrugs and "I don't care" stood as a response. Evan, her boyfriend of 2 years, crawled on the bed next to her and nuzzled her neck. Actions speak louder than words. Awww!

"You guys are fucking lame." Scott spoke into the mouth of a beer can, determining if there was any left.

Evan's posture straightened and he rebuttled. "No, you're fucking lame."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yeah-uh."

"Jealous?" Scott asked.

"A little." Evan grinned.

Terry jumped to his feet. " I have the perfect solution." Sticking the finger of mental breakthrough into the air, he plopped into Jimm'y's lap on the musty armchair. "St. Jimmy will know what to do." Yeah, I was wrong about him being the only one who calls himself that.

"Get off." Jimmy's underestimated strength pushed Terry to the cold floor. "I do have an idea though." I looked down to rub my eye and a tightly wadded paper ball hit my head.

"What was that for?"

Jimmy smirked at me from across the room. "Open it."

I was about to reach down and do just that, but then remembered I have to be 10 times more paranoid than usual around Jimmy. "It's a trick."

"No trick, just a harmless piece of paper."

After a moment or two of examining the ball and coming to the conclusion he couldn't fit a scorpion in there, I snatched it from the floor and uncrumpled it. On the white paper in obnoxious black letters. It read:

THEY'RE BACK!!! OAKLAND'S OWN GREEN DAY IS BACK! NO FUCKING LIE.
TONIGHT AT GILMAN'S.

"Holy fuck, are you shitting me?" My usual indifferent face broke into the biggest smile which only after a few seconds, hurt my cheeks. "Can we go?"

"If you want." Jimmy placed a cigarette in between his lips. "Is it alright with you guys?" Everyone else shrugged and gave their own opinion about it sounding like a good idea.

"Yay!" I clapped my hands together. "Thank you Jimmy."

"... I just noticed something." Scott leaned forward in his seat. " You two are dating right?" He pointed at Jimmy and me. I looked to Jimmy to answer and he nodded. "Ok. Then why for this entire time I haven't seen you guys kiss or hug or anything?"

"Yeah, I noticed that too." You don't even sleep next to him." Andrea turned the issue over to me. Damn. "Why is that, Becky?"

"Uh... we do."

"Then prove it." Evan challenged us.

"We don't have to prove anything to you." Jimmy saved me from the awkward silence I would no doubt be responsible for. The boys in the group began clucking and imitating the behavior of an exaggerated chicken. I gotta admit; I do admire their dedication. They've kept it up for 1,2 minutes.

Knowing Jimmy's semi-short fuse, he stood and hushed the barnyard noises. "Fine, we'll prove it. Becky come here."

My laugh from seconds before cut off. "What?"

"Just come here." I tried to remember what it is like to even be someone's girfriend and what my expected duties were, but that went straight to hell so forget that. Oh calm down, you're not his actual girlfriend, remember? ... Oh yeah, you're right. Well what is there to be worried about then? Whatever he's going to do will be over in seconds and it will mean nothing. So-hey- I'm already standing before him. Thanks legs for letting me know you were moving.

Jimmy swallowed hard, as did I, and licked his lips. Funny, I always thought of him as the go party and get drunk, one night stand, sex is sex, shut up and go down on me type. But here he seems fidgety and I am doing no better at hiding my fear.

"Just do it!" Scott teased. "Here, like this." He swung his arms in front of him as if hugging some poor girl in front of him and exampled his definition of romance. With his eyes tightly shut and his tongue fully extended past his open mouth, my stomache churned as he twist and turned his Gene Simmon's impression in the air.

"Fucking gross. We'll do it just as long as you promise to never do that again." Jimmy offered with a look of disgust.

Thankfully, Scott stopped licking the air and withdrew from his imaginary lover's embrace. "Scout's honor."

My sight realigned with Jimmy's and our bodies inched closer. Jimmy craned his neck forward and pressed his moist lips against mine... See, no magic - ok maybe a little. After a few seconds and it feeling appropriate to end it, I started the process of easing away. Our innocent kiss broke apart for a brief moment before he exhaled a deep breath and he gripped my face with his hands and began to kiss me again with more force.

What's going on?! It's Jimmy! The conceited, arrogant asshole of whom I hate and he is kissing me!... Actually quite well too. My eyes went from bulging to drifting closed and I started to kind of enjoy this odd turn of events. His tongue traced the small opening between my lips until he dove into my mouth. From the shock, my own tongue was disoriented by what was now going on so it laid still in the ditch of my gums, limp; All til Jimmy was doing all the right things. This is still Jimmy. I won't. Tongue, you stay right where you are.

A new familiar sensation took hold of me. Is this some sort of delayed sign? My heart pumped more blood and I felt slightly weak in the knees. I haven't felt this way since - The image of Billie Joe masked Jimmy of whom I am actually kissing at the moment. It's wrong to pretend, but the cruel world of make believe is oh so much more appealing. Shutting my eyes tighter, I (guess you can say) partcipated more.

"Oh Billie..." I heard myself accidentally moan.

Jimmy ripped himself away. "Billie? Who's Billie?"

"Billie? I said Jimmy." One of his hands dropped from my cheek. Does he believe me? Please let him. How can I make such an error?

"Ok you guys sufficiently proved it. So why don't you both wipe away the layer of spit around your mouths and let's all grab something to eat before the show." Terry walked towards the door. "If we haven't thrown up already." Jimmy made a quick nod and popped a cigarette in his mouth.

Ok, yes, Green Day, finally, almost, food first, damn.