A Student/Teacher Relationship

Uneventful 2

Images dancing, colors whipping past,
Sensations stirring as fragile as glass.
A boy with blue eyes; A man with green, they stalk the background, faultering unseen.
Spectators of agony, innocence on each face,
they wait in expectation. Who's to be replaced?
No one knows the answer. It's hidden under lies.
It brings romance to a stand still, drops on its knees and cries.
Doubt's shadow always following whispering fear in the heart,
Gripping the flow of blood and squeezing hard.
Which kiss will be right? Which one will be left standing in the immobile fight?
Swirling mix freezes anf focuses in mind's eye.
Lying on my back, blurred vision of orbs painted sky.
It's not the boy but a monster growling at my fear.
Smashing fists into flesh, swinging at my tears.
Screaming for green eyes to come and save me, the monster unzips his pants, and I'll never be free.
Balled tight bones winds back past ear, a smile curls, and shoots at my-


I snapped up with my pulse pounding in my ears. Cooling sweat clung to my face as my sight darted back and forth in the emtpy apartment. My breath suttered slow as I laid back down, realizing no one was here. They all left awhile ago from me pushing to be by myself and catch up on lost sleep... Bad idea.

Analyzing the mysterious stains on the ceiling, I tried to remember what the hell I dreamed about to wake me up like that. Whatever it was had me still checking each corner of the room at the smallest sound and listening intently for the voice I had no desire to hear. It never came and for right now, I am alone.

The pair of utmost concern had exited with a nice layer of bodies between them, but they still measured the other up with critical eyes.

**Flashback**

After waking everyone up and giving them enough leeway to find stable consciousness, I suggested they all go out for breakfast. As everyone agreed, Mike darted to the door.

He glared at everyone for not moving immediately. "I-need-coffee-NOW-Let's go." Silently, the groggy partiers rose to their feet and shuffled to the door. I stayed situated at the edge of the main room's mattress.

"Aren't you coming?" Billie Joe stood over me, looking down. I'll say it now just to get it out of the way... Damn those eyes.

Shrugging, I rubbed my eye. "Nah, I didn't sleep that well. I think I'll try to win back some sleep with a bed all to myself."

Jimmy came from my left and stood over me also looking down. From the corner of my eye, I saw Billie shoot a dirty look at him. "Well I didn't sleep that much either. I can stick around and keep you company. It does get pretty cold in here."

"I think she'll better off by herself." Billie rejected Jimmy's offer.

"Sorry old man, but I think it's her decision." Jimmy pushed back.

"Alright we'll seen then little boy." Billie padded Jimmy's head and smashed down a few of his spikes. They unanimously pulled their attention off eachother and on to me. Thanks for putting me on the spot, guys!

"Um, I think I can use the silence but thanks Jimmy." I said, crawling back to the heart of the mattress.

Having a smile of delicious victory, Billie turned Jimmy by the shoulders to zombies dragging themselves into the hallway. He looked back, his face still proud. "Sleep well."

**End of Flashback**

Billie Joe was obviously relieved that I had said no to Jimmy and took pleasure in turning him away. Jimmy is right though. It does get cold in here. Being unprepared, my black zip-up hoody is the only extra layer I have and I'm already wearing it. Someone to cuddle with would have been nice...

Is it wrong that I somewhat enjoyed the small dispute between the two? I can't help it. I have never been truly vied for and in all honesty, it was sort of invigorating. What girl wouldn't like two great guys fighting- no, fighting isn't the right the word... Persuasively competing? Jeez I'm an awful person. Besides I can't imagine Jimmy and Billie Joe ever fighting...especially over me.