A Student/Teacher Relationship

"You're a cool guy, but you ***ed up her life."

No One's POV:

"Hey man." Jimmy sat down beside Billie Joe on a park bench.

Billie Joe side glanced, hardly surprised to see him. "You following me?" He substituted a walk while the group stuffed their faces at some cafe Mike chose.

"Not anymore." Jimmy dug around in the pocket of his jacket, fishing out a tightly paper rolled contribution to his slow death. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

Or someone. Billie smirked. "Go ahead." He tried to act as though he doesn't know what Jimmy was basically going to say.

Jimmy took in a deep breath. "I don't know how to approach this without sounding like a dipshit."

"Oh you already went to all the trouble tailing me for several blocks, don't give up now."

Playing with the cigarette in his fingers, he began. "When I was first sent to Elgin, they said I'd never take a step off the grounds; saying in the most technical terms that I was fucked in the head."

Jimmy's opening statement differed from Billie's assumption and this interested him. "Why was that?"

He shrugged. "For stupid things... So what if I burned down my ex girlfriend's parent's shit heap of a house- with them in it. They didn't want her to see me anymore... They got exactly what they deserved." Jimmy's handle on the white stick tightened causing it to bend.

Billie Joe shifted in his seat. This kid is crazy. "Um... Why are you telling me this?"

"Because it introduces what I really want to speak to you about... When Becky came to Elgin, she was just the new kid. No one cared. I certainly didn't. I was there long enough to see people come and go constantly. For awhile it was an occasional glance in her direction and then it kind of turned into a daily habit. There isn't much to do and not enough intiative to do it when doctors are shoving pills down your throat. But that's beside the point.. She was like me; Staring out the window, held up in her room for hours, being chased by Gerard..." He added the last tid bit to not sound so serious. Billie Joe didn't look amused, but waited for Jimmy to go on. "Maybe I'm just listing off regular pasttimes for the insane, but...it's her-" He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts. "It's her eyes. I'm sure you know about them."

Billie didn't want to answer for the main reason that this is too awkward, but he spoke regardless. "They're very... expressive."

"Exactly. Even when she was smiling (which was rare) she looked pained like at any moment she could break down and cry. It's not fun to see when you've already lived it. Know this, I never cry. Never. The agony of being deserted; knowing everyone except the system by obligation has forgotten you. She exhibited that and sometimes still-"

"You don't know her." Billie said plainly.

This remark rattled Jimmy's string of thoughts. He wanted this done in a paticular manner leaving no loose ends. "Maybe not completely, but I know enough. Like you're the reason why she was there."

A chill scratched up Billie's spine. He had never asked her why she hurt herself. Was it all my fault? Am I responsible? "...I can't be."

"From what I've read all fingers point to you."

"From what you've read?" Billie asked.

"Case file. Stole it before I left."

Billie Joe took a break on chewing his tongue. "Is there a point to all this?"

"There is more so you can understand, but now I'll be blunt." During the entire conversation, both participants stared ahead at whatever sights the direction they faced offered. "You're a cool guy, but you fucked up her life. Don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta stay away from her. Leave her alone."

The small, steady fire burning in Billie's chest exploded into a blazing inferno. He stood up and got into Jimmy's face. "Who the hell do you think you are saying that? You're just some psychotic little prick that followed her home and took her here- So I understand? All you fucking know is what you read in a damn file- Did your precious file say she was raped-"

The last part slipped out before Billie Joe could stop himself. Jimmy sat blindsided on the park bench looking up at Billie Joe; Billie staring back in regret.

"...You're not supposed to know that." Billie whispered, his eyes sinking to the ground. "No one is." Not wanting to rehash the emminent reality of months ago, he left Jimmy alone with a past demon revealed.