A Student/Teacher Relationship

You're Bleeding.

I cried while Jimmy held me together for I don't know, but long enough to be exhausted and curled up in Jimmy's contoured figure. Once my sobs died down to stressed sniffles, he draped his jacket over my sorry, auotmatic fetal position and suggested some rest would do me some good. I doubt it. As I assume he slept, my itchy eyes focused on the door and waited for Billie to walk through it and this all would be a cruel joke... It has yet to happen.

Was I just in a foggy, semi-conscious state when he asked me the unthinkable? Did I dream it all up? It felt too real, too perfect, and now too fake. I trusted him and he left me pathetically here alone. Well, not completely alone. I have Jimmy. He hasn't deserted me- at least not yet anyways. At the moment he's the only one I can depend on; not that son of a bitch, Billie Joe. All he knows how to do is hurt me. Come to think of it, I don't want him to ever show his face around me again. One last, single, hot tear ran down my salt-stained cheek. I wiped it away and looked at the invisible residue on my fingertips in disgust.

No One's POV:

Hisssss.

A blast of steam shot through a pipe several feet over his head. The shock from the noise caused him to stir. His head lolled about in misshapen circles till he found balance with his head close to erect. He moaned into the large piece of tape pressed firmly over his mouth and swallowed down the hot breath. He fought to open his eyes and as he did, swirls of color danced over a black canvas till it all went black.

What's going on? He thought.

He went to lift his hand to nurse the almost unbearable throbbing at the back of his skull, but his wrist only banged into the backing of the chair he was sitting in. As feeling gradually returned to his outter extremities, he discovered his hands were bound together behind the chair, and each ankle was wrapped against the front two chair legs with duck tape. His green eyes bulged in fear, and he seizured to fight his way out of the restraints until he forfeited and relaxed his muscles.

He sat trying to adjust his eyesight to night vision. He saw pipes leading to an old boiler rattling in the corner. He had the indication he was in some basement to a building, but why? Blinking his eyes in a series of methods to wake himself out of whatever illusion he trapped himself in, he came to the conclusion that him-here-now is all real. Someone put him here out of his control and whoever is responsible wanted to keep him alive.

***
My POV:

Days after he ditched me, everyone continued their lives at full throttle and mine seemed to be stuck in park. My roommates come and go as they please while I (wouldn't say happily) formed an indent in Jimmy and I's designated bed. He still sleeps with me; still tries to cheer me up; and still reminds me of my first choice. At least he doesn't pry. He hasn't asked why I'm so depressed, and that does help keep my aggravation under wraps for now.

"Hey, you awake?" Jimmy knelt down and rubbed my shoulder. I quickly comtemplated on faking it, but eyes have been shut for so long, it hurts to keep them closed. I lefted one eye open. He leaned and whispered, "Are you dying?" in my ear. I shrugged in response. "Get up, get showered, get dressed, and let's get going."

"What for?" I grumbled, tugging the blanket over my head.

"Because," He ripped it away and sunlight stung my pupils. "You've barely left this bed for the better part of three days and you need to get out." -What's the point? I could stay here forever and no one will understand why-. "And besides, I can make it worth your while." His voice carried temptation, so therefore I was interested.

"Yeah? How?"

"Well off the top of my head, we could..." He shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth from the balls of his feet to his heels. "We could go out, knock back a couple drinks, rent a clown, and kick his ass. That sounds like fun. We might go to jail, but hey I'm bi."

That brought a smile to my face. "Fine." My back cracked as I stood up and stretched. "Shower open?"

"Yessum." He nodded as I stumbled past. "Now hurry up." He smacked my ass and I yelped and scurried away.

*

Drying off after my nuke warm shower, the air in the small bathroom was hardly dominated by steam. I guess that helped. My reflection possessed a healthy glow (in terms of a person gazing into the mirror is already dead).

Brushing my teeth made the world taste fresher and cleaning the black from under my eyes (just as I suspected) didn't improve my appearance. Light clanging didn't bother me much until it rapidly switched to loud and unnerving.

Where is that coming from? I listened intently and followed the noise to the shower head. Wrapping the towel tighter around me, I tried to get as close to the faucet as if that would do anything. For a moment it was silent until the clang hit the loudest and I jumped and backed away.

"Smooth." I grinned and brushed the wet strands of hair off my cheek. Then thanks to my imagination, it effortlessly painted a picture of a zombie corpse awkwardly slumped against a wall on the other side, one hand clutching a clump of its hair and banging on the wall with its head. The sound resumed its monotonous rhythm and I grabbed for the door knob and got the hell out of there.

Out in the hall, I slouched against the opposite wall facing the open bathroom. This is an old building. It's perfectly normal for sounds like that when the water's running. Isn't that what they said happened in The Haunting? But wait- it turned out to be ghosts- Dammit you're ridiculous. My head naturally turned at footsteps coming my way. Jimmy took quick and precisive strides towards me. I hugged the towel closer to me.

"You're bleeding." I said, my eyes transfixed on the scarlet trickling from the corner of his mouth and down his chin.

"Yeah, so?" He took his finger and traced the trail from his chin to his lip, scooping the blood on to his finger. He then placed the dripping tip into his mouth and single licked it clean.

"But why-" Before I could finish my question or even shudder, he pinned me back and pressed his lips onto mine. Forget that "His tongue begged for entrance" bullshit. He doesn't care. He just dove right in and I could taste the bittersweet copper from his wound. It tingled as it was absorbed into my taste buds, and I twisted my tongue to find more. Now I know why Gerard does it; makes you feel warm.

His hands drifted down to the slit of the towel... Uh let's just say we didn't make it out of the apartment as we planned.