A Student/Teacher Relationship

Making Deals & Forming Plans

Nick's Pov:

Ben's car slowly came to a stop in his driveway. No worries though, I only live across the street.

"Well thanks! Nick , I'll go see what movies you picked," I barely caught the last part of that, because Becky was already half way across the street. She jumped the fence into my backyard, knowing the back door is always unlocked.

"O...k...." I turned and looked at Ben who was staring into the rear view mirror, shortly nodding and biting his bottom lip. "I better get my ass over there or otherwise she'll make me watch 'Edward Scissorhands' again. Do you want to come over too or do you want me to call you when it's over to drive her back?" Silence.... "Er, I'll call you then," I reached for the door handle, pushing it open.

"Wait," Ben said, holding his hand up.

"Yeah?"

"Could you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I need you to find out who this 'Billie' guy is and what Becky is doing with him."

"No, Ben, No you can't be serious?!"

"What the fuck's the big deal?"

"Why?" I stared at him.

"I want to know."

"You can't be doing this. Do you know how many nights I spent trying to console her or how many hours I listened to her cry on the phone over you no less! I never saw anyone be in so much pain..."

"So are you going to do it?" My jaw dropped.

"Were you even listening just now?! No, I'm not going to do it!" I lifted myself halfway out of his car. All of the sudden, I'm yanked down back inside, my face a few inches from Ben's who had me by the collar.

"You will do it. Want to know why?" I was too afraid to talk. Ben was known to punch holes in walls. I managed a shrug. "If you don't I will go right up to her and tell her what her good friend Nick did behind her back!" His hand slid from my collar to my neck and began to squeeze hard.

"I-Don't-know-what" I gasped.

"You know damn well you pushed Jen at me so you can get closer to Becky!"

"Ben, you're hurting-" My cheeks feel like they're on fire, tears were swelling in my eyes. Damn it stings! I can't take this anymore. "Fine I give!"

"You promise?" Ben spat at me. I violently nodded. He finally let go of my neck. I tried to suck in as much air I could get into my lungs. "Go ahead she's going to wonder where you are."

"I'll find out what you want to know, but you swore you wouldn't bring that up again," I got out of the car.

"See you in a couple hours." He waved as if nothing happened. I slammed the door and walked across the street into my yard. That asshole! How could he fuckin' do that? He almost killed me! Damn psycho!..... What he said was true though. I did "influence" him to pick Jen, but after I saw how hurt Becky was, I knew I had made a big mistake. There's no going back now.

"Hey what took you so long?" Becky looked up at me standing in the doorway.

"Nothing. Guess you found the popcorn," I plopped down on the chair across of the couch she was laid out on.

"Are you ok?" She asked, sitting up, looking at my frown. I wish I could tell her the truth, but she would hate me.

"I'm just depressed that all of my popcorn will be gone," I sighed.

"Tear..." She weeped, running a finger down her cheek.

"Compassion isn't you strong suit is it?"

"Nope!"

"So what are we going to watch?"

My POV:

Hours later I was back in Ben's car riding shotgun, because Nick didn't "feel like" driving back to my house. We watched "Nightmare On Elm Street" and "Queen of The Damned" which ruled, but it was sort of difficult to follow since Nick was asking me a ton of questions, mostly about Billie Joe. A little unnerving but I didn't let much slide. I gave the most general answers I could. I wonder why he was so interested, well this is the biggest thing that has ever happened to me, but why his concern?

So here I am stranded next to Ben driving home with 10 minutes to go and the most agonizing tension with the annoying swishing of windshield wipers.

"So.... How are things?" Ben asked. Ugh. I bit my lip.

"Ya know I don't want to be a bitch or anything, but I'm really tired and I don't feel like talking. Ok?"

"K...." I really didn't mind talking just not to him.

Minutes later, home at last.

"Thanks for driving me home," I unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door. I stepped out trying to avoid any further conversation.

"You're-" I slammed the door closed. I'm going to assume he was going to finish that off with "welcome." I climbed up the steps to my front door I left unlocked and snuck inside. Everything was dark. I felt my way up to my room and crashed in my bed. Besides, it was 2:30 AM, I had to get up in a couple hours.

***

If there were any doubt on whether or not zombies exist, I would look like unliving proof this morning. Sure I had gotten dressed and everything, but there's nothing I can do about the dark circles under my eyes and my sluggish attitude. It was all I could do to not fall asleep sitting against my locker.

"Pssssst," I perked up and glanced down the hall. Just a few scattered students doing homework. "Psssst Becky!" I sharply turn my head the other way. I slowly got up and walked by the stairwell only a few feet from my locker. I squealed when I was jerked by the hand into the dark space under the stairs. A hand was tightly placed over my mouth. I was pulled face to face with Billie Joe holding a finger to his lips, shushing me.

"Billie what the fuck are you doing?!" I harshly whispered.

"Sorry!" He chuckled. "Will you ever forgive me?" He stuck out his bottom lip.

"Don't you puppy dog face me!" I grinned.

"Why? It doesn't work?"

"No it does. I just don't want to fall victim to its evil." Without a word he kissed me. I know it's supposed to be a serious thing, but I couldn't help breaking a grin under the pressure of his mouth. We stayed there for what didn't seem at all long enough. Sure where we were is mostly unnoticeable to anyone walking by, but still there was no desire to risk it.

"Why don't you..." He pecked me on the cheek. "Meet me in my classroom in let's say... 5 minutes. Alright?" He started to get up.

"Do you have to go?" I stood up beside him.

"Do you think this is the right place to be doing this?" He held up his hand, displaying our surroundings.

"Well no..."

"Then I'll see you in 5 minutes." Putting his hand in front of me, showing all 5 fingers.

"K."

"My classroom, 5 minutes."

"I got it!"

"Ok, ok." Billie gave my hand a squeeze, I guess his way of saying bye. He peaked his head out from behind the space to see if anyone was coming. No one. He turned back to me and mouthed "5 minutes." Gave his sexy little grin and darted out up the stairs. After a few seconds I heard his feet pounding on each step above me. Once it faded, I looked out for my getaway. Once again no one, but who cares if it was me. If anyone saw me, they would probably think I was getting high or cutting myself which what I was doing was far from it.

I decided to spend my couple of minutes fixing myself up in the bathroom. There were other girls doing the same thing, but applying it for the first time today. My theory their parents don't let them wear any so they have to do it here or no time at home, but I digress... Everything was fine. Time to go meet Billie. On the way, I couldn't help but think about how he made me feel. This has all been so fast, but I feel like I've known him for a long time. He justs makes me so happy. Oh my god.... Could I be in love with Billie Joe?

BJ's POV:

Where is she? She should be here by now. I heard soft knocking on the door. I almost tripped trying to get to it. The door slowly started to open and I saw her head peak out from behind.

"5 minutes," she smiled. I love her smile. Everytime I see it, I melt. I nodded and waved her in. I took her hand and locked the door.

"So where were we?" (You can guess what went on from there.)

The bell sounded a half hour later. I felt her gently begin to pull away. I pulled her back tight against me.

"I gotta get to English," she moaned.

"You aren't going anywhere," I lightly kissed her neck.

"Really? And why not?"

"Because I don't want you to."

"I don't want to either."

"Good then don't," I smiled looking into her big, brown eyes.

"I have to go."

"Then take me with you."

"Won't that be somewhat difficult?" She giggled.

"If you can't do it, you don't have any other choice but to stay here," I sighed.

She began to laugh. "You leave me for 5 minutes, I'm leaving you til 5th period."

"Are you getting me back?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Revenge is sweet, no?" She kissed me lightly on the mouth and began to walk towards the door. Quick, what's a good comeback? Uhhh....

"Meanie!" I called behind her. What the hell was that? She stopped and shook her head at me.

"5th period," Then she left. She has class, but what am I going to do? I have this period free til second. Hold on- I grabbed the closest piece of paper and a pen. This is someone's homework.

"Sorry....Steve Walkens..." Turning the paper over to read the name. "But I have a more important use for this." And I began to write violently. I'll just say he never turned it in. Isn't that what all teachers do?

***

My POV:

It feels like the day fast forwarded just so I can go to 5th period and see Billie Joe. After class, I waited behind another student asking about homework. I held up a paper and fidgeted with it so I look like I'm doing the same. As soon as the door closed behind him, I reluctantly crumpled up the doodled on paper and tossed it at the recycle bin.

"You missed," He leaned against his desk.

"Yeah, I suck at a lot of things."

"I know one thing you're good at." His hands reached out to my waist, leading me to him. This kiss was long and hard and damn it I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the way Billie kisses. In fact, I love a lot of things about him, but I would never tell him.

We shortly made out until I had to depart for lunch.

"Meet me by my car in the teacher's parking lot."

"Won't there be... I don't know, teachers?" I asked saracastically.

"Don't worry about it. Unlike me, a large majority of them stay here for hours still working. Me, I want to be the minority."

"Fine, I'll see you then," I swung my book bag over my shoulder.

"Bye." We hugged eachother and I went.

***

Immediately after the bell rang in study hall, I hurried to my locker. Since it's the weekend, I have no homework. So I left my book bag behind except my notebook. I was half way to the parking lot until I remembered I promised Nick I would walk with him to his bus and on the way, help him understand the 3rd act in Caesar we read today. I headed to his locker and found him standing there, scuffing his shoe against the tile.

"Ok, what don't you get?" I walked past him, expecting him to keep up.

"Hey what's the hurry?"

"I have to be somewhere."

"Oh that Billie guy?"

"Yeah, so what's confusing you?"

"Can I meet him?"

"What? No," I shook my head as we pushed through a group of preps. I hate when they stand right in the middle of the hall like they're the only ones with places to go.

"Why not?"

"You just can't."

"Fine... You never told me his last name."

"Nick!" I stopped dead in my tracks. "Why do you fucking care so much?!" He said nothing. "If you had a girlfriend, would you want me interrogating you?"

After a few moments, "Well, I....uh...."

"You know what I have to go," I walked away, seeing people quickly turn their heads the other way as if they weren't listening. I'm too angry to care that I bitched him out in public and that I might have hurt his feelings, but I know the regret will catch up later.

I opened the door leading out to the staff's lot. He was right, there wasn't a teacher in sight. I scanned the lot and saw him standing against his car with dark sunglasses on, blowing smoke up into the air from his cigarette. Damn he is the epitome of bad boy sexy. He must have spotted me, because he went around to the passenger's side and opened it.

"My lady," He bowed his head, grinning. "What's the matter?" He asked seeing my sour expression.

"It's nothing."

"Ya sure?"

"I am," I flashed another one of my fake smiles and got in the car.

"Ok." He closed the door and ran around to his side.

On the way home, my mood definitely improved. We told each other about our days, I leaving out the difficulty I was having with my best friend. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me about 7th period. From what he tells me, these 2 guys were playing catch with a football across the room. Not paying any attention, this cheerleader stands up in between the crossfire and gets hit right in the nose. Typical Brady moment. Instead of just a scream of pain, he said there was blood everywhere. You would think Billie being the responsible, mature adult would be a little empathetic, but no. He laughed at the poor girl!

"How could you just laugh?"

"I don't know, impulse? It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious!" Laughter erupted in the car as it came to a stop in my driveway.

"Hey I've got a crazy idea. Want to know what it is?" He leaned by me.

"Sure, why not?" I doing the same.

"I want to take you out tomorrow. How 'bout it?"

"Hmmmm let me think about it, yes."

"Five then?"

"Ok, til tomorrow..." I got out of the car and went inside. By passing Rachel, I went to my room and waited for tomorrow to come.