A Student/Teacher Relationship

Bravo! By George I Think He's Got It!

No One's POV:

Jimmy watched as Becky disappeared out of sight to go shower. He checked his watch.

Yeah, I've got time.

He strolled out of the apartment, down the hall and flights of stairs to the overlooked boiler room on the first floor. He walked inside unnoticed and unafraid. Practically no one goes down there, and that explains the lack of heat in the building. No one gives a damn,so he was confident in his little secret remaining undiscovered.

As he slipped inside and closed the door behind him, he wasn't in much of a hurry kicking up dust going down the stairs into darkness. With his hand stretched, he found the chain to the light and gave it a tug. The bulb flickered a few times till it remained bright. He peaked around the boiler into the small area off to the side.

"How's my happy little house guest doing today?" He asked with a cheery smile as he approached the man tied down in the chair. Jimmy came around and bent down in front of him. "Billie Boy, you sleepin'?" He playfully smacked his cheek.

Billie Joe's groans put a twitch in Jimmy's grin. Billie's head slanted to the side to somehow rest on his shoulder so the horrible crick in his neck made him wince when he lifted his head up. As his vision sharpened, he nearly jumped out of his seat ( if he wasn't strapped in it already ) at the sight of Jimmy.

"Hey buddy, how was the nap? Good?"

Once the light headedness cleared, Billie was able to get angry and fast. His arms and legs jerked to rip free and his head went right along with the spasms while his nostrils flared and expelled deep breaths. Jimmy watched in silent amusement. He absolutely loved to watch 'em squirm; to try when there was nothing left.

Placing a hand on Billie's shoulder, he said "Don't do that." Billie only paused to look at him for a second and resumed his failing escape attempt. "You're wasting your time..." Jimmy taunted, pacing around him and then he stoppped in thought. "But then again, all you have is time... Funny how life works, isn't it?" He shrugged and waited for Billie to answer. "Oh yes, I forgot." He ripped away the tape on Billie's mouth. Billie suppressed the cry of pain and swallowed hard allowing a tear to run down his cheek.

"Is that better?" Jimmy bowed to his ear. Billie Joe whipped his head around to face his blue-eyed kidnapper.

"What the fuck is going on?" His voice was hoarse from days of lack of use and no water. "Let me fucking go!"

"Oh I'm afraid I can't do that. You would just go and ruin things and then where would we be? - I'll tell you, right back here except the second time around, you won't have a pulse."

"You fucking psycho, let me go!" Billie hopped in the chair, sweat starting to build around his hairline. "What do you want from me?"

"Well isn't it obvious?" Jimmy began to pace the room again. "You'll just be a distraction, a road block to what I want... Are you understanding now?"

Billie Joe thought for a moment until his eyes widened and his jaw loosened. "Becky..." slipped from his lips, and at this response Jimmy began to clap.

"Bravo! By george I think he's got it! You know, you aren't as dumb as I initially thought but then again you must take into account my motive is a tad bit overrated, but being original all the time is so tiresome, don't you agree?" Jimmy said a matter-of-factly. Billie wasn't planning on answering. He was too busy trying to make sense out of all this. By now, he knew of course Jimmy had been institutionalized, but this confirms his madness has yet to have an end.

He did say he burned his girlfriend's parents alive for not letting her see him anymore. Does that mean he's going to do something to me?

"You know Jimmy..." Billie strived for composure, trying to steady his voice to its natural smoothness. "Don't you think this is a bit much? I mean, what's the big deal? Why all this?"

It appeared Jimmy had prepared himself for questions of that nature by how quickly he responded. "Compiling my previous statements from before should be satifactory but for you, I'll elaborate. After all given the current situation, aren't you entitled to it?... To answer your first question, no. I don't think this is much at all. Much would be me spending every waking minute keeping an eye on you when I can be with what was she? Your fiancé?"

Billie bit down hard on his tongue. After his freak out from waking up here, that was the first thing he thought about. The scene replayed over and over in his mind; each repitition not at all wearing redundant.

"Yes, I was there. Walls are paper thin. --Second question. Maybe not to you with a wife and kids and was engaged to my girl, but it's a big deal to me. And last, why all this?" He held out his hands and looked around the room. "This, my friend, is an act of desparation. But note a necessary one. You see-"

Oh here he goes. He's going to launch into some cry story and how Becky somehow made things better. Spare me, please.--Shit, I've got to get out of here.

"I'm a lonely guy. I'm St. Jimmy for christ's sake. I'm not supposed to know anything about romance except that it's some money driven ploy for the human race to keep on breeding so we can make more little soldiers for Bushy Jr. to send to their deaths in some god forsaken desert. See? Like that. Rants about corruption in society and government conspiracies is all that is expected of me. My girl doesn't care about that. In fact, I can tell it annoys the fuck out of her. She wants to know more about me and she's the only who's tried. So don't you get it? You are an inconvienience to Becky and I's future together." Jimmy stopped his pondering steps and locked into a staring contest with his hostage.

Billie snapped away and craned his neck in comtemplation. "Good argument... I'll make a deal with ya Jimmy. Instead of wasting your time on me when you can be with-" He gulped. "The love of your life, why don't you let me go and I'll leave town so you guys won't see me ever again. Sound reasonable?" He waited while Jimmy analyzed his face for deceit.

"I'm sorry. I think you've mistaken me for a moron." He chuckled.

"Oh no I don't think you're a moron at all. You're right. I now see how I've been standing in the way. Do we have a deal?" Billie was doing it, and he was doing it well. All he needed was for Jimmy to accept.

"No tricks?" Jimmy asked.

"No tricks."

"Alright then, I accept. I'll let you go under the condition you leave town." He nodded approvingly.

"Shake on it?" Billie tested, holding his bound wrists up behind him.

Jimmy smirked and held up one finger. "One hand." He walked around him and tugged at the tape. Billie sat patient, biding his time till he felt both his hands were free. Jimmy came back around and stretched his hand out. Billie fought the desire to spit in it.

"Deal." Billie smiled and shook his hand. Then Billie did something Jimmy was planning, more like hoping, he would do. Billie yanked him down with his shaking hand and socked him right in the jaw. Jimmy stumbled back a couple feet and steadied with an evil grin. As Billie reached to untape his legs, Jimmy could taste the pleasure seeping from his loose molar, and he cracked his jaw into place. What could he say? Billie was a good shot.

"I'm glad you did that or otherwise I would feel guilty for doing this." Jimmy back handed Billie's left cheek with a loud thwack. Billie's head whipped away from the sting of the blow. He blacked out for a brief moment and when he came to, Jimmy was taping him back up.

"What you did right there-" He spoke in Billie's ear as he wrapped the roll tighter and tighter. "Hitting me 'n all. That was a good motivator. Once I'm through here, I'm going to go upstairs and fuck her. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy it greatly." He tossed the roll of tape to the side. "But it'll be even better doing it with the knowledge that you'll be sitting down here alone in the dark trying to block the thought out. Oooo isn't this fun?" His voice spiked to the pitch of a giddy girl. He placed the old strip of tape over Billie's mouth.

Jimmy strode to the stairs, paused, and turned around. "Before I forget." He returned in front of the nauseated Billie Joe and punched him without hestitation in the stomache. Billie coughed and cringed his face in agony. "Never gets old..." Jimmy sighed walking to the foot of the stairs. Being right underneath the bare bulb, the shadows on his face were darker, more sinister. "Sleep tight." The chain clinked and the light blinked black.

Billie listened to him race up the stairs and the door creak open then closed. He didn't bother to wait for his eyes to adjust to the black that enveloped him, and immediately began trying to force his way out of his restraints.

Come on you sonuva-

It was no use. His hands weren't getting out any time soon. The uncomfortable position his shoulder joints were resting in for so long was aching to no end. He let out a heavy exhale and sunk back in his chair.

His mind wandered from the lunatic that brought him here to the ugly thought of that lunatic having his hands on Becky upstairs.

No, fuck this.

He thrashed around and when he was about to give up again, a tear made him break. He looked down to see the tape around his right ankle had indeed loosened a great deal. He held his breath as he wiggled his foot out.

Yessss. Billie eyed the stairs. I can't make it up on one leg.

He pushed himself to one of the walls of pipes and acted on a hypothesis. Lifting his free leg and touching his knee to his chest, the bottom of his foot rammed the pipes. Billie Joe kicked them repeatedly hoping the banging it created would be heard by someone above.