A Student/Teacher Relationship

Just A Rat.

My POV:

He is good... Almost like the perfect revenge Billie Joe will never know of. I say almost, because he beat me tp perfect when he proposed to me and then left to go home to his wife while I slept peacefully like an oblivious oaf. Jimmy is good...

Hours later, we were in the apartment, behind the locked bedroom door on what else but a bed. I covered myself awhile ago. Yes, I had uh *cough* relations with him, but hey I'm still me. I'm still the shy, 16 year-old scared little girl living out on her own for the first time in her life with an escaped mental patient and his pothead crew of miscreants. -Wow what a mouthful-or since I'm thinking, brain full?

I wonder what he's doing right now... Jimmy, I mean. Is he sleeping? If he is, not really the snoring type. The back of his head doesn't let a lot slide.

'Oh face it! He is not who you were thinking about.'

Jeez, what do you want from me?

'For you to start using your brain.'

So that' where you come in?

'Precisely.'

Wonderful, fabulous. You just reminded me I have to pick up my strait jacket from the cleaners.

'Hardy-Harr-Harr... So why are you such a retard?' I raised my eyebrows.

You just hop straight to the point, don'tcha? Ok 1) I'm not retarded. It's called clinically insane. And 2) If you must know, it took me years of practice to perfect the science of the idiot.

'Well I'm glad you gave it a name.'

Hey I don't want to be rude since this is my brain and all, but is there a reason why you're bugging me now?

'Yeah... I like Jimmy better.' I coughed out a laugh.

You're a voice! You don't have preferences!

'Yes, I do. For example, I like you're lying next to Jimmy, but I dislike your constant obsessing over Billie and don't you deny it. I'm in here listening (unfortunately) all the fucking time...' It rambled on. An idea popped into my head; use "The Technique." The Technique is actually a relatively new development to get the voice to silence itself. (It's not like I can smother it with a pillow.)

Ready...

'Ready for what? What are you doing?'

...Go! Billie Joe is great! Billie Joe is awesome! Billie Joe is-

'Shut up, shut up, shut up!'

Billie Joe has a nice ass-

'Shhhuuuuuut uuup!'

Billie Joe is sexy! Billie Joe has-uh- green eyes!

I listened for the cries of apparent agony it suffers.... Yep, it's gone for the moment. Not that I thought any of those things I mentioned were true (except green eyes), but I wonder why it seems to do the trick.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Jimmy made me jump. During my battle, I guess I didn't notice he rolled over and was awake.

"Nothing." I wiped away my smile and yawned.

"Oh so nothing at the moment is making you happy?" He said innocently and snuggled up closer to me. How should I answer? I don't know how I feel right now. Fake it maybe something will feel real.

Scooting closer, "Well not nothing."

"So something?"

"Yes, I s'pose that's the opposite of nothing." Or is it everything? Hmmm... It's everything.

"That's acceptable." He drew closer in an attempt to kiss me. Naturally, I pulled back.

"So why were you bleeding earlier?"

He paused to reminisce you might say, and his face clearly showed amusment. "Just taking care of some friendly affairs." His eyes wandered still probably thinking about whatever he is grinning over.

"What is that supposed to mean?" His stare stabbed at my pupils. I always wondered what Little Red Riding Hood must have felt being eye to eye with the Big Bad Wolf... Now I know.

"Exaclty how it sounds." Then his eyes softened and I came to the notion he is just an intimidating husky. But then again Huskies have fangs also. "Come on, let's go somewhere." He stood up and began shimmying into his pants.

"Haven't we tried that already today?" I stretched, putting across I didn't want to go. He caught on and nipped it in the bud.

"Yeah, that wasn't a suggestion." He pulled the last leg through. Oh so case closed?

'Don't you dare screw this up. Do what he says.'

"Shut up, you."

"Excuse me?" Jimmy asked.

"I said, let me go pretty myself up for you." I smiled big and tilted my head to catch a ray of sunlight to achieve that twinkle in my eye. Ever since I was told by several EX boyfriends (including Ben but there were others) that I have a beautiful smile and when they see it their day is better blah, blah, blah gag me with a spoon. So as a tool, I depend on my smile to get me out of a lot of jams. Through trials, it appears that my tactic is extremely more effective on the male sex than my fellow fems. Pity.

"Well ok. Don't take too long." He shrugged with a grin. Obviously Jimmy is no different from them. He shuffled into his shoes, kissed me on the cheek, and headed to unlock the door. "Meet me downstairs. I gotta go do something real quick."

"Ok." I shrugged. Why should I care about his something when mine is nothing?

The grand total of roughly around ten minutes later, I was hopping off the last flight, skipping the last three steps. Hmm, no Jimmy. Well he knows where to find me. I sat down on the second step I neglected and put my knees under my chin and rested my head on them.

"Princess in a school girl's dream may I please speak with you?
I'm having trouble with control and it's all because of you.
Today I kept on falling down. I thought it was the street.
So I look down at my shoes they were on the wrong feet...
"

Yes, I'm singing under my breath. I may hate him, but I shouldn't have to suffer music withdrawal. Yelling and scraping echoed down the hall beside the stairs. The only door there is is labeled with a dirty sign, "Basement." Creepy.

I sang alittle louder.
"I find it hard to be myself (Can you please explain).
I don't think that it's my health (You're the one to blame)-
"

The shouting resumed itself. I hate when people yell. Any second they could attack me.

Louder.
"You're the one I wish I had and now my girlfriend's getting mad (I can not call this sane)."

An unavoidable cry of pain shot through the closed door. I really can not call this sane. If I don't see what's behind that door, I think I'm gonna pop. My hand ran across the wall as I approached the door. I don't hear anything anymore.

"Hello?" I knocked. Grrr this is a very stupid idea. My hand slid down to the door knob. A very stupid idea. I turned it; locked. Severely needed sigh of relief. Then footsteps were heard trotting up the stairs. Going without muttering a curse of alarm, I dashed back to my spot on the stairs. I'm such a wimp.

I watched as the handle jiggled and the door swing open. Jimmy swiftly stepped out closing the door behind him and leaving it unlocked. There isn't one on the outside. He walked casually towards where I stood with a smirk.

"Ready?" He held out his hand.

"Uh, what was all that about?" My voice cracked.

"That?" He thumbed at the door. "Oh it's nothing. Just a rat."

"I heard yelling. Sounds like someone is hurt. Are you all right?" I scanned his being for any wounds. Not a scratch on him.

"Freaked from the rat," he chuckled.

"But why-"

"I was checking the boiler. If you haven't noticed it's arctic upstairs and everyone else is too lazy to do anything about it." My, aren't you the upstanding citizen?

For some unknown reason my voice caught in my throat when I tried to ask, " Did you kill it?" My radical fear of rodents, maybe?

"Did I kill it? No.. But he'll definitely feel it for awhile. Now may we go?" He offered his hand again. I stared into his smiling eyes. Only a face -everyone- could love.

'This is your queue to say "Sure," take his hand, and go have fun... Do it.'

I grimaced at the booming inside my skull. I desperately nodded and grabbed his hand. It stopped. Jimmy was talking about something as he led me to the front door, but the only thing I see is down the hall with "Basement" printed next to it.

I gazed at Jimmy's guiltless expression..... Why can't I believe you?