A Student/Teacher Relationship

He Hears Them, Too.

No One's POV:

She had no trouble dashing up the stairs into darkness; no hesitation nor friction short stops slowed her down. She didn't stumble blindly once surroundings changed from stairs to the fourth floor hallway. She was seeing in red night vision, and that was all she needed to swing the apartment door open; slamming it all the way to the hinge's limitiations.

Terry's figure shot up off the bed from the loud bang the doorknob made coming into contact with the wall, and Scott groaned, rolling over as Becky speeded past them.

"What's going on?" Terry asked with a yawn. She didn't answer; not from ignoring him, but all she could hear was blood pounding in her ears.

Becky barged into the couples' suite locking her eyes on Jimmy's sleeping silhouette and disregarded Evan and Andrea's slight awakening. She stood stll, held down by inexplicable fear. She watched Jimmy turn over to face her as if she was still lying there and stretching out his arm to drape over her absent waist. Lost rage replaced her anxiety and she pounced on him. JImmy awoke with a start. He settled down once he saw it was her and a devilish grin slithered across his lips.

"Just can't keep your hands off me, can you?"

Becky had no idea how to go about this. She wanted to hurt him. She wanted to make him pay. He had to pay. Straddling his torso, she pinned his shoulders to the mattress.

"Oh someone wants to play it rough tonight." He didn't struggle, not noticing the ugly scowl across her face.

"I-I-I hate you!" She blurted in his face. Thinking it was some kind of dominatrix roleplaying game, he snickered in return. It taunted her alll until she threw the first punch.

It landed partially on his nose and clipped his upper lip. Another, than another; each pounded harder into his boney face. He tried to sit up and push her off, but each attempt had him socked back down. He wouldn't dare hit her. He couldn't. No matter how much she was hurting him, in his mind, he loved her dearly. All he has was to spit out pleas for her to stop. But she couldn't stop. At this point it felt impossible for her. Every time she brought her fist down, more and more tears stung her eyes to a squint. All the animosity and boundless hate she had bottled up was pouring out of her. She wasn't just taking it out on Jimmy for only his actions, but she was punishing him for Ben's also. In her eyes, Jimmy's bleeding face washed into Ben's; clean and torturing. She kept repeating the only words that could pass through her lips. "I-Hate-You."

A scream rang out in the next bed over. Distracted, Becky paused and looked over at Evan and Andrea wide-eyed. Suddenly Jimmy seized her arms and forced both them on the floor. This time, she was the one flat on her back, and he was holding her down. She thrashed and tried to wriggle out of his grasp. She stopped struggling and stared into his blood shot eyes.

His face was beginning to swell and light perspiration seeped through his pores, blending with blood. If she wasn't scared out of her mind, she would be proud of the number she did on him. Instead she was paralyzed. A fresh cut just under his eye slowly bled and a scarlet drop crept to the bridge of his nose and rolled down to the tip. It lingered for a moment accumulating more mass and finally gravity took hold. The drop kissed her cheek and ran down. Jimmy raised his hand up past his ear and-

"No, Jimmy! Don't hit her!" Andrea shrieked, huddled in Evan's arms who stared at him shaking his head "No." With his fist frozen in the air, he looked around him; to the couple, at the door to see Terry and Scott shocked. Then footsteps echoed into the apartment. Terry and Scott were pushed apart to reveal Billie Joe, "Jimmy's Happy Little Houseguest," standing there. Shouts of utter confusion and demands for explanation wouldn't have been acknowledged even if any of Jimmy's friends did such a thing.

Billie Joe stood still unsure of what to do. His muscles screamed and his lungs heaved from the rush and breaks up the stairs. Jimmy turned away from him to shoot Becky a harsher glare. She did her best to return the favor. He dug his short fingernails into the skin of her arms and squeezed with unbearable pressure from where he gripped. The sharp piercing increased till his biceps were trembling and she let out a small whimper. At this, his features softened portraying more hurt than anger and his muscles relaxed, releasing her. He slowly lifted himself up, his mouth agape, and looked at her in almost disbelief of his actions. Then his head snapped back and he yanked at his hair.

"Jim, man, are you okay?" Terry stepped forward, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Jimmy jumped away. "LEAVE ME ALONE-SHUT UP!" He pushed past Terry and out of the room without laying a finger on Billie Joe. The atmosphere switched to drastically quiet and everyone chanced eye contact with one another, too disturbed to speak. Jimmy's growling and snarling continued until they heard him throw himself out of the apartment still begging for the silence he wasn't being granted.

'Where have I seen that before?' Becky thought to herself. A mini clip of herself pacing in a bathroom stall clutching her head flew through her mind and vanished. She scrambled off the floor and staggered to the exit. Lightheaded, she didn't know what she going to do when Billie Joe stopped her and shook his head. She brushed his arm blocking her away. She had to see for herself.

Peaking out the door, she saw Jimmy walking back and forth muttering under his breath. She glanced behind her and saw Billie Joe had her back. He didn't want her to get anymore hurt. Before she even opened her mouth to speak, Jimmy screamed.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU FUCKING SONUVABITCH!" He then started a series of self inflicted blows to the head.

She came to the rescue by catching one of his fists. "Please don't do that. It doesn't work." What could she do? She pitied him. He wasn't the all-knowing saint wrapped in rage tinted composure who had a severe beating coming to him. He looked like a frightened little boy throwing a tantrum.

"You don't know a thing about this." He spat, his eyes moist. His face crumpled and his muscles tensed as he cradled his throbbing head in his hands. He launched into his yelling. "YOU FUCK, I'LL FUCK YOU OVER! NO SHE ISN'T! GOD DAMMIT!" Then he hissed, rubbing his temples.

Swallowing back uneasiness, she pressed on. "Trust me, I do."

"TRUST?! TRUST?!" He exploded. Jimmy clamped down on both her arms just above the elbow and before she could react, he whipped her against the wall like a rag doll. Even though she hit her head, she wasn't about to black out or show any hurt. She understood what he was going through completely. JImmy staggered down the hall while Billie Joe comtemplated on apprehending him and doing the same to him. Instead, he knelt down and checked on Becky.

"Are you hurt?" Of course she was hurt, but not badly. Her hate for Jimmy earlier numbed her. She watched him cuss loudly as he tripped from the left to the right colliding into the walls, occassionally banging his head on purpose. "-Becky, are you all right?"

Bewildered, Becky's eyes followed Jimmy till he disappeared into the stairwell. Without looking away from his absence, she said to herself.

"He hears them, too."