‹ Prequel: Crimson Red Rush

Big Blue Crush

Chasing Cars

When I woke the next morning it felt like a stampede of elephants ran right over my head and to say the least, I felt like shit. It didn’t really help when Charlie walked in the room and started clapping her hands, trying to wake me from my deep sleep. Oh hell that felt horrible. “Charlie, please stop!” I cried out, grabbing my head as if to keep it on my shoulder.

“Now that your awake,” she cleared her throat, trying to hide her amusement with completely destroying any brain cells I might have had left in my head. “You can get up and meet us in the living room; you have five minutes to get cleaned up.”

“I feel like I’m in prison,” my voice was hoarse and my nose was stuffed up so I sounded rather sniffly when I spoke.

“You pretty much are from now on darling,” she nodded and watched as I climbed out of bed awkwardly and went into the bathroom. I guess she was the one that got out a nice outfit and put it on my bed while I showered, it didn’t take me five minutes but I did hurry downstairs in ten.

“Alright I’m down here,” I grumpily stated as I stumbled down the last step, glaring around the room as I met dozens of figures with their eyes on me. “Why in the hell—Santana boys?”

“Hello sweetheart,” the oldest brother, Victor smiled as he crossed the room and brought me into his arms. It took me a few minutes to figure out how long it had been since I’d seen them, while I hugged him I found out it had been at least three years. They were my best friends in High School and way before, they were the only reasons I stayed for so long. “Long time, no see.”

“What are you guys doing here?” I laughed for a second forgetting my headache as I hugged each boy, there was five all together. Each one being a year younger than the other, well except for Lucas and Jimmy, they were twins.

“Actually, we were passing through the state and decided to come and visit you. We haven’t been back here in years,” the one I had always been closest to, Mario smiled his brilliant childlike smile and had me giggling like always.

“You don’t mind do you?” the youngest, Richie questioned with one pitch black eyebrow raised higher than the other.

“No, of course not,” I snapped, thinking he was an idiot to think I would.

“Good, we wouldn’t leave even if you did,” Victor smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, steering me to the couch where Ville was sitting, watching with an amused yet emotionlessly still face.

“Did you meet my husband, guys?” I smiled brightly as I turned around, Victor’s arm falling from my shoulder with the turn. I pointed to Ville and gestured for him to stand, which he did and nodded politely to the five tall, grown men. “This is Ville Valo, Ville—honey. These were my best friends in school. This is Victor, Lucas, Jimmy, Mario and Richie.”

“It’s nice to meet you, I believe I seen you a couple times when I was around,” Ville murmured shaking each guy’s hand as he went down the line of brothers. “How long are you in West Chester?”

“We’re actually moving here soon,” they smiled brightly as I squealed and hugged the majority of them. I was busy moving to hug Mario and Richie who I had left out when a shrill, loud shriek sounded through the air.

“Victor!” Charlie had apparently just seen them; she wrapped her arms around Victor’s neck and squeezed him as he lifted her off her feet, laughing deeply in his chest. “It’s been forever!”

“It has,” Victor smiled. I glanced around and noticed Bam’s very confused facial expression and Ville’s now blank face. They were obviously envious. “How have you been?”

“I’m married!” Charlie held out her hand to show her wedding ring that matched Bam’s, white gold bands. “To that dumbass over there, Jolene’s brother.”

“You married Bam?” Lucas smirked and shook his head with a laugh. “Figures, you were always boasting about him when we were in school.”

“Shut up,” she blushed and swatted his arm as she walked by him to sit on Bam’s lap. “But it’s true, we got married a couple years ago.”

It seemed like forever ago; I gently looked back into the days of drama and chuckled lowly to myself. I remembered how I used to be a bad-ass rocker chick that rebelled against everyone, everyone except Ville who held my heart. I glanced over at him and grinned softly; he noticed but didn’t make a move to mimic it. He was still pissed. I guess he should be, he hated it when I drunk my problems away, he always has. I remembered when I was twenty, when we first started flirting with each other, around the time when Bam paintballed my Impala, I had been so angry I went to the bottle, but he stopped me, boy had he been angry. “That’s great,” I was pulled from my thoughts when Richie spoke, his quiet, soft tone dancing around my aching head. “We need to hang out soon.”

“Yeah, we stopped by to tell you we’re back, but we have to go—we’re house hunting,” Jimmy gave us all a brilliant smile as he popped his twin on the shoulder, gesturing for them to start heading for the door. “Its great seeing you guys again, its nice meeting you too.”

“It was a pleasure,” Ville’s silky voice was light but could be heard from across the room, Victor and Lucas gave small smiles while the other three waved before walking out.

“I haven’t seen them in years,” Charlie gushed looking over at me, her eyes wide with happiness. She had always been close to Victor and Lucas, they were around her age. "Oh, that's the Santana Boys, they were adopted by a nice couple when they were young. We've been friends...forever!"

“Stop being so happy,” Bam looked at the door with a burning glare. Char perked up and looked to Bam, still staring. “Your mine.”

“Calm down. I know, I know. I love you,” She nodded. I chuckled as Bam let out a heavy grunt. He stomped off to the pirate bar, and Charlotte gave me one of those I-Need-To-Tell-You-Something-Important looks.

“What?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“What the fuck?!” I shrieked. “I- You- Uh- Huh?!”

“Do you…” She lowered her voice to a whisper. “I want you to adopt it,” And she placed a hand on her stomach. “I’m not ready for a kid. You deserve one. So much. It broke my heart when we found out you couldn’t get pregnant..”

“Charlie. I.. Oh my god.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's back??

Montana! The co-writer of this story! She was sick to say the least and is no back, congrats. Welcome back sista!

Banner