What Will Come Will Come. (Norahs Point Of View)

Chapter 2. The Nightmare

Norah awoke in a cold sweat that covered her body. She was breathing heavily as though she had just run a marathon. She stared into the darkness of her room. Slowly her eyes adjusted to the light and she could see her bedroom before her. She tried to slow her breathing down but it was still as sharp as when she had woken up and her chest was rising as quickly as it fell. She felt her blood pulsing in her veins. She sat up and put her head in her hands thinking through the nightmare…..

She was walking through a dark wood, it was pitch black bar the miniscule light that was trickling through the tree’s above her head. She put her hands infront of her and found that she was shaking uncontrollably, her skin, pale in the darkness made her look like a creature of the night. Norah was worried, she didn’t know what creatures lived in the forest and there were stories about people who went missing and never returned. But still something compelled her to carry on walking, carry on walking to get back to camp. As she was walking she heard a twig snap she ran but her top caught on a branch which cut into her skin, leaving blood on the tree and running from her arm. Suddenly ahead she saw a break in the tree’s she ran towards it only to come face to face with a black lake. She knelt at the waters edge and stared at her reflection. Her huge eyes were filled with fear and her hair was a tangle of leafs and twigs. She started to cry a tear fell from her face and into the lake. A ripple started and Norah could no longer see her face. As the ripple eased off slightly Norah could sense another presence around her. She looked into the lake once more but only to find a creature standing behind her with blood red eyes and very sharp teeth. Norah screamed and ran away, at first she thought she had escaped for there was no chase. But she was wrong, as she looked behind her she saw it again, it looked human but surely it couldn’t be, could it? Norah struggled on running for her life, her heart beating ten to the dozen, blood pulsing in her veins. ‘Whack’ Norah’s body hit the cold forest floor, she struggled to get back up and found her shoe was caught on a root. ‘No thought Norah no no no I need to get free, she could sense the creature getting closer and closer. Suddenly he broke through trees and stood looking down on her. He had chased and caught his pray, now it was time to eat. He pounced onto Norah, his mouth so close she could see the shine of the white elongated teeth. Then he wasn’t on her anymore. Where was he? She looked around and saw him lying on the ground some 20ft away. How did he get there? Then she looked above him and saw a shape of a man. His eyes shining emerald green in the moonlight…

The teeth thought Norah, those long, sharp, pointed teeth that were seconds away from sinking into her flesh. Then he was gone and she was safe. And that man with the emerald green eyes, who was he? He had a familiar look about him the same pearly white skin as her mystery guy. Could it be him? But no the eyes, they were very different from the warm brown ones her mystery guys had. And his face, it was screwed up in anger. Her mystery guy had a perfect face, clear from all emotion. So who was he?

Norah looked at the clock on her bedside table; the red numbers glowed back at her it was 3.20am. She had to get up and go to work in five hours. Norah turned back over and laid on her side staring out her window for she never closed the curtains. She loved the night, the stars in the sky, the ability to remain hidden in the darkness. “Norah Get Up” Shouted Lily. Norah moaned and pulled the covers higher over her head. Lily came into her room turned on the light and pulled the covers off of her. “Oi, what did you do that for” Moaned Norah. “Because, you need to get ready and go to work. Im not the only one who is bringing money into the house. You have to as well; we owe it to mum and dad’s memory” “ok im getting up” Norah shoved on her clothes brushed her hair and went to work.

------ After work ------

Walking along the street, ipod in her ears listening to My Chemical Romance – Vampires Will Never Hurt You. Something clicked. Vampires… That creature in her dream, he was a vampire. The blood red eyes, the sharp white teeth, the inhuman speed it all added up. But why, why was she dreaming about vampires. These thoughts took her all the way to her house. Yet again Lily was still out and Norah decided to go back out for a walk in the woods.

She grabbed a piece of paper wrote the words.
Gone To Wood,
Be Back Later
N x


She went to the front door opened it, stepped out and locked it behind her she turned left down her street to the woods at the end of her road. The sun had set and the street was lit by street lamps. Her body casting shadows across the road. At last she had reached the woods. She stood looking into them for what seemed like forever, she didn’t want to go in after her nightmare but she knew she had to, if she was going to face her fears. She took the first step into the forest and all became very quickly pitch black….

For the first time ever she became scared of the dark
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's chaper 2. sorry if its a bit jumbled but brain isnt working properly lol
please comment
xxx