Is It Worth Saving Me

I Know You're Not Alright

When she opened the door to her room, I was a little shocked at what I saw. It was pink, "Uhm Ali," I looked at her.

"My brother asked my what color I wanted my room and I said dark pink and just to piss me off he put light pink," she said.

"Ah I see," I leaned in to kiss her. Just then her brother busted in the door,

"No sex in my house," was all he said and walked out.

"He is overprotective," she said shrugging her shoulders.

"So where are you parents," I asked.

"Uhm, here’s all my CDs and DVDs," she said avoiding the question.

I stopped her, "Ali seriously. What happened?" I said looking at her.

"Uhm Chelsea doesn’t even know. But it’s the reason I moved here and uhm, well," she stopped.

"Ali its okay just tell me," we sat on the bed.

"Well we were driving here to visit Steven because he had just moved out and to put it plainly we got in a car wreck," she stopped and put her head on my shoulder and cried.

I sat there comforting her. "I'm sorry Ali. It must be awful," I said hugging her.

"I get by. My brother may be an ass, but I still love him. He's my big brother after all. The only person in my family I have left," she said sniffling.

I hugged her tighter, despite the fact that it was hurting me too, and said, "You can always talk to me Ali, okay?"

She nodded and said, "Thank you Max. You're a great friend."

I smiled and said, "No problem."

The sad part is I loved her and I felt like I was stuck in the friend zone. But, with what Chelsea said, I thought I might still have a chance. "Ali get down here dinner," her brother yelled.

"Do you want to stay or would you rather me take you home," she asked.

I thought about it and replied, "I'd stay if I could, but I really need to get home before my dad does."

She nodded and said, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

I smiled before kissing her cheek. I walked out of her room and was at the bottom of the stairs when I heard a male voice say, "Wait."

I looked to see Ali's brother looking at me. "Let me say one thing. You hurt my sister, and I'll beat you to a pulp. you understand me?"

I nodded quickly, seeing as her brother started reminding me of my dad. "I'm Max."

He smiled and said, "Well, Max, I guess I'll be seeing more of you around. You need a lift home?"

I nodded and he shouted up the stairs, "Ali, I'll be back in a second. I’m running Max home."

"Okay Steven," she shouted back.

I followed Steven outside and towards a silver mustang. I got in and he asked, "Where do you live?"

After giving him directions to my house, we left his driveway and were on the way to my house.

When we got there, i noticed my dad's car was in the driveway. "Shit," I said to myself.

I noticed Steven look over at me. "Hey, you want me to explain to the pops?"

I quickly shook my head. "No. I will. I was just hoping I’d get home before him."

He gave me a skeptic look before saying, "Okay. well, i guess I’ll be seeing you around."

I nodded, thanked him for the ride, and got out of the car before quickly going up to the house and getting inside.

When I got inside, i noticed my dad on the couch passed out. sighing, i walked up the stairs and towards my room. when i got in, i closed my door and laid on my bed for what seemed like forever when i heard my dad shout, "BOY! DOWN! NOW!"

Scared for my life, I walked out of my room and walked down the stairs cautiously. When I got in the living room I took one step in before i felt my body collide with the floor.

"Where the fucking hell were you you stupid fuck?!" he yelled at me kicking my in the ribs.

I tried to answer him when he kicked my in the stomach. "ANSWER ME!" he shouted at me,
kicking me at random.

"At a friend's house!" I said the best I could.

“What friends? You are a fucking pathetic loser and you're gonna die alone just like everyone else in here," He said kicking me in the ribs some more.

I was about to say something when I heard the front door open and Ronnie say, "Yo Max, you here?"

Scared, I heard my dad sharply hiss, "Did you tell anyone boy?"

I shook my head when I heard Ronnie said, "Yo Max are you in--what the fuck did you do to him?!"

I looked over to see Ronnie standing in the doorway, The look on his face was of pure anger. I shook my head the best I could. He looked from me to my dad and said, "Get the hell away from him you sick bastard."

"And if I don't?" my dad asked. He gave me another swift kick when the next thing I remember is Ronnie on top of my dad beating the shit out of him. I scooted away from them the best I could when I noticed my dad was out cold.

I stopped moving and started moving again when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I shouted out in pain when I saw Ronnie look over at me. He rushed over to my side and picked me up the best he could. "Come on buddy, we're getting your shit and getting you the hell out of here man."

I couldn't move. All I could do was look at him. He carried me up the stairs and towards my room. Laying me on the bed, he grabbed the first suitcase he could find and started filling it with all the clothes from my dressers, then moved to my closet.

By the time he was done, he had two suitcases full of my clothes, belts, and few pairs of shoes. He grabbed them and said, "I'll be right back. I'm taking these to my car, then I’m coming back for your bass, amp, and you."

I nodded the best I could as he took my stuff downstairs. After a bit, he came back up, slung my bass around him, grabbed my amp, and picked me up off of my bed.

"Come on. let's get you to my place," Ronnie said. He took me downstairs, out of the house, and to his car. He put me in the back seat and my bass and amp in the trunk. He got in the front seat, looked back at me, and started his car before leaving and driving off to his house.