Is It Worth Saving Me

And I Will Drown in the Fear

"Mom! Living room! NOW!" Ronnie shouted getting me into the house I was so familiar with.

"Ronnie, what's going on honey?" I heard Mama Radke ask as he laid me on the couch. I saw her walk in and she said, "Oh my goodness Max. what happened honey?"

"His fucking--fricking dad mom. That a-hole did this to him," Ronnie replied before going back out to his car.

Mama Radke looked at me and asked, "Is this the first time?"

I shook my head and she said, "Well, let's get you cleaned up. Can you sit up alright?"

I shook my head and muttered, "Ribs. Pain."

She shook her head and said, "Ronnie! I need the first aid kit!"

Ronnie walked back in said, "Let me get this stuff upstairs and in my room."

"Okay honey. I'll get it," Mama Radke replied. She got up and walked into the kitchen when I heard a car pull up. Ronnie heard it too apparently and came down the stairs as quickly as he could. He looked out the door before going into the kitchen. "Mom, it's Chelsea. Don't let her see him like this. Please."

"Okay honey. Take this into the living room and I'll get the door," I heard Mama Radke say before she appeared again in time for Chelsea to open the door.

"Hey Mama Radke. Where's Ronnie at?" I heard her ask.

"In the living room. Will you come with me into the kitchen for a second? I was cooking something when you arrived and I wanted to see if you liked it," Mama Radke replied.

"Sure," Chelsea said as the two of them barely passed by the living room when I swore she saw me. Mama Radke pulled her into the kitchen and Ronnie said, "Let's get you cleaned up."

I nodded and he started doing all the things you do when you clean someone's injuries up.
"There," he said when he was finished. "All done."

"Ronnie Radke what was taking you so..." I heard Chelsea start when she looked over at me. She walked over to me and gently touched my injured shoulder. I hissed in pain before she looked at Ronnie and asked, "What the fuck happened to him and who the fuck did it?!"

"His fucking dad. That's all you need to know," Ronnie replied.

She took one look at me when I saw a lone tear fall down her face. I sat up the best I could and motioned Chelsea over to me. She sat next to me and I wrapped my arms around her. I hugged her the best I could when she started crying.

Just then my phone rang. It was Ali, "Hey Max. What’s up babe," she asked.

"Uhm nothing. You?" I put on my best act.

"Same. I wanted to know if you want to come over tomorrow and hang out," she said really sweetly, "Steven shut up, sorry he is being an ass," she laughed.

"Uhm I can try. I am feeling really crappy right now," I told her honestly.

"Okay well you going to be at school and can I pick you up please," she begged.

"I dont know. I will tell you in the morning. I am at Ronnie’s right now so," she cut me off.

"Why didn’t you tell me before? I would have understood. Well, have fun. I LOVE you," she said.

"I love you too bye," I said.

"Wait," she yelled, "I am sorry if my brother said anything to scare you. I know how he gets and well yeah. But tell Ronnie I said hi and don’t never ever forget I am here for you too and I love you forever and always. bye," she said, "Wait Max who is crying?" she asked.

"Uhm no one. I will call you back bye.”

"Just tell her," Chelsea said.

"I can’t. I can’t hurt her. She has been hurt too much right now. But trust me, I will soon," I stopped, "I hope," I whispered to my self.

"What?" Ali asked.

"Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye," I said.

"Bye," she said before hanging up. I looked at Chelsea and hugged her some more. "Shh.
It's okay. I'm out of there and I'm never going back," I said hugging her.

"Yeah. I took him out of there sweetheart. He isn't going back. I promise," Ronnie said putting a hand oh her back.

She nodded and said, "I know Ronnie. It just scares me."

I hugged her tighter and said, "I'll be right here Chelsea. I'm not going back. Ronnie took all my shit out of that house and now it's in his room."

She smiled and said, "Good. Now, I'm hungry and I came by to tell Ronnie that I don't have to baby-sit tonight because my folks aren't going to poker tonight."

"Cool," Ronnie said.

She looked at him and said, "You have blood on your shirt Ronnie."

I looked at his shirt as he looked down and, sure enough, there was blood. Bet you can't guess who's?

Ronnie sighed before taking his shirt off. "And that was my favorite shirt too," he said.

Chelsea stared for a minute when Mama Radke said, "Kids, dinner. Ronnie, please put a shirt on."

He hung his head before heading up to his room. Chelsea stood up and asked, "Need help?"

I nodded and she slung one of my arms around her shoulders and put one of her arms around my waist as she helped me into the dining room.

"Max, you hungry?" Mama Radke asked.

I shook my head and replied, "Not really."

She nodded and asked, "Chelsea? You hungry sweetie?"

"A little bit," she replied as she sat me down, my chest hurting like a mother fucker.

"Max? You okay?" Chelsea asked worried.

"My chest hurts. I got beat pretty good today," I replied laying a hand on my chest where I was kicked.

Chelsea looked at me with a worried look on her face when Mama Radke asked, "Does it hurt to breath?"

I nodded and replied, "A little bit."

Dinner was over. All I wanted to do was sleep. That’s all but I decided to call Ali "Chelsea I am gonna tell Ali," I said.

"NO," she yelled, "This is something you need to do in person. Not on the phone. I know how she gets just wait," she said.

"Then take me to her house, please," was all I got out.

"Oh no. you are not leaving," Mama Radke said.

"Fine. Then can she come over here?" I asked.

"Yes," she said calmly. I called Ali,

"Hey," she said.

"Hey we need to talk," I said.

"Oh my god. What’s wrong?" she said.

"Just get to Ronnie’s please ASAP," was all I said.

"Okay,” I heard her whisper. Five minutes later a silver mustang pulled up and Steven was with her,

"Uhm Steven, I hate to be rude, but I kind of need to talk to her alone. If you don’t mind," I said, shaking and holding my stomach.

He nodded and walked in, "Ali, I uhm don’t know how to say this," I stopped she began to cry.

"I get it," she said before she started leaving.

"Ali wait!" I said when my stomach started hurting. "SON OF A BITCH!" I yelled out in pain as
I clutched my stomach. She ran over to me and sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"The reason I had you come over. You see, the reason I had you come over was to tell you that...my dad...well," I started to say when she interrupted me.

"He beat you?" she asked.

I nodded and she said, "I'm so sorry Max. I didn't know."

“I know,” I said.

We sat there for a bit when I heard Chelsea ask, “Max, are you okay?”

I looked over and saw her leaning against the wall. I nodded my head and replied, “My stomach had a spasm and it hurt like a bitch. I’m okay though.”

She nodded when Ronnie came in and said, “Max, you wanna get some shut eye?”

I nodded and looked over at Ali. “I’m going to get some shut eye. I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully. Unless Mama Radke decides to take me to the hospital to get myself checked.”

She nodded and stood up. She walked over to me, sat next to me, and gave me a light hug. I wrapped my arms around her the best I could before saying, “Later Ali. I love you.”

We stopped hugging before she smiled and said, “I love you, too.”

She got up and left the house when Ronnie said, “Come one. Let’s get you upstairs and in bed.”

I stood up with Ronnie and Chelsea’s help and the three of us walked towards the stairs. When we reached them we heard Mama Radke said, “Max, you can sleep in tomorrow. I’m going to take you to the hospital tomorrow to check over you.”

“Okay Mama Radke,” I said as the three of us walked up the stairs and towards my new room.