Why So Serious?

Enter: Sex

Mommy asked him to go out and buy a bag of ice. Their ice maker isn't working. So he went to the store and bought a bag of ice. The bag is cold. The bag is wet. The bag is heavy. Why does mommy even need a bag of ice at nine at night?

He walks out of the back entrance of the store. It's faster that way. The ice won't melt as much if he takes the short cut behind the apartments. He walks. He doesn't drag his feet. If he drags his feet it will take longer to get home. The ice will melt if he drags his feet.

Mr. Robbie, the landlord of building Q has his lights on. There's no harm in peeking to see what Mr. Robbie is watching on TV tonight. It won't take long. The ice won't melt. He walks to the window. It'll be fast because the ice can't melt or mommy will be disappointed in him. But what he sees in the window freezes him.

Mr. Robbie's trousers are down. There's a lady naked pressed into the wall. Mr. Robbie with his trousers down bangs his hips into the naked lady's. Again and again and again Mr. Robbie bangs his naked hips against hers. She looks bored, he thinks. Why does she look bored? And then Mr. Robbie yells and throws his head back. And the naked lady yawns. And then Mr. Robbie goes to bed and the naked lady beings to put her clothes back on.

He realizes he still has a bag of ice. So he runs the rest of the way home to make up for the time he lost. He gives the ice to mom when he gets home. He goes inside the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror. A frown is etched onto his face. He asks himself in a low hoarse whisper, "Why so serious?"