Why So Serious?

Enter: The Joker

He couldn't smile anymore. Not on his own, at least. He didn't think he'd be able to. Not with Ginny gone. Gone forever. And his darling little unborn daughter along with her. Oh, but he could still laugh. He couldn't stop.

Every thing was a joke now. Oh he could laugh. He laughs. So hard. Nothing is serious anymore. Not without his Ginny. He went to the town hall last night. He burned everything that had to do with him. No one was going to find him. No one. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

He went to the dentist. The doctor. The school. The landlord's office. He laughed as his files burned to ashes. He existed no more. His social security number went up in black flames. It was easier than one would think to delete himself from the system. The police department no longer had an finger prints on him. And holding his hand in some acid sure did the trick to change his forever. It's a shame some acid splashed on his lips. Or, not really a shame.

All the while he laughs. He laughs. And laughs. But a smile never comes. He can't smile. Not anymore. And everyone knows he hates frowny faces. So, just like with Skinny, who was too grim, two swift cuts to his cheeks solved that problem. Now he could smile for ever. And ever. And ever. No more frowny face. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

His blood poured through his cheeks making his smile bloody red. His uncleaned white cheeks contrasted that. He's a smiling clown now. A smiling clown face. Forever.

He lites a match and leaves his building behind him. He lets it go up in flames. He laughs. What a joker he is. He sees his reflection in the window. He laughs. He is a Joker. A Joker is what he is.

He turns and walks away. Time to treat a new city to The Joker's presence. He laughs to the sky as he passes city limits. "Why so serious?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel?