How Dark Is the Night?

So Much For That Honeymoon We Always Wanted

How this can be was the question on everyone’s minds. I defeated Dracula with everyone’s help. How were there more vampires? I watched them all turn to dust in the ballroom of Dracula’s mansion. Why was Chrissy, Andy, Sam, and Patrick all ambushed outside of the reception hall and only the girls bitten?

This was my wedding night. I was supposed to have already left to be on my honeymoon with Pete. I wasn’t a slayer anymore. My job was complete. I did what I had to do and I was supposed to be happy but instead I am in a hospital waiting room to hear how Chrissy and Sam are.

“Amanda, how are you holding up?” Pete said knowing how upset I was. We still had a connection. We never lost our bond. We can always tell when we are hurt or upset about something.

“How could this happen, Pete? I killed them. I killed them all, didn’t I?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t answer that for you. I thought we did just as everyone else. We all saw the vampires in the room turn to dust and assumed all the vampires died everywhere.” He said sitting beside me and putting his arm around me.

“We are supposed to be on our honeymoon now.” I said in a whisper.

“I know.” Pete said pulling me to him.

“What is taking so long for the doctors to tell us anything? Or why haven’t Andy and Patrick came out to tell us how Sam and Chrissy are?” Erelin said fighting back tears.

“I wish I could say, Erelin.” Brendon said pulling her close.

“I wish you had your vampire abilities to make them tell us. No, wait. I wish I had them to give the doctors a piece of my mind.” She said upset. “Chrissy is my best friend. I can’t lose her!” Erelin yelled.

“You don’t wish that Erelin. Trust me you don’t want that and I am sure Chrissy will be fine.” Brendon said trying to comfort her.

About that time the doctor came in followed by Andy and Patrick. The doctor said Sam and Chrissy lost some blood but that they would be ok. He also said that they are resting now and the bite marks weren’t too serious.

“You may visit one at a time.” The doctor said walking out of the waiting room.

“Pete do you still have your key to Patrick’s apartment now that he owns your old place?” I asked getting up out of a chair.

“Yes. Why?” Pete asked confused as he followed me out of the waiting room and into the hall.

“I want to go load up on weapons and patrol. It is my responsibility Pete. I have to find out who did this. I need answers. I also know Patrick didn’t get rid of the weapons because he told me so a month ago.” I said walking down the hall of the hospital.

“Amanda this is crazy. You aren’t a slayer anymore. You could get hurt and besides you are in your wedding dress.” Pete said spinning me around to face him.

“Guys, aren’t you going to see Chrissy and Sam?” Brendon asked coming toward us down the hall.

“Amanda thinks she is going out to slay vampires.” Pete said giving me a look.

“What? Are you crazy?” Brendon said standing in front of me blocking my way of the exit.
“Move it Brendon. Don’t make me hurt you.” I said all fired up.

“Amanda, you are a strong person but you can’t go up against the vampires if there even are any. We can only go by what Patrick and Andy say happened and they didn’t even see who attacked them, nor the girls getting bitten.” Brendon said looking at Pete.

“I don’t care. I may not have the slayer abilities but I am still alive and therefore a slayer. If I didn’t kill all the vampires then I failed, Brendon and guess who got hurt because of it.” I snapped.

“Then I am coming too.” He said.

“No, I am going, Brendon. You need to stay with Erelin. She needs you right now.” Pete said.

“Then you know that you two need to be extra careful. We aren’t as strong as we once were.” Brendon said stepping out of my way.

“Don’t tell the others.” I begged to Brendon.
“I won’t but call if you need help.” He said kissing my cheek goodbye.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Pete asked.

“I have to. Are you with me?” I asked walking out of the emergency room doors.

“Always.” He said following me to our car.