How Dark Is the Night?

Chrissy Time

“Well, Brendon gave us the ok but I think Andy is scared. He may be having doubts.” I said not happy.

“What! Oh no, he is not going to do this on today of all days! Let me march in there and slam him down on the bed, flash my fangs, and force him to marry my best friend.” Erelin said about to march out of her room we were in.

“No! You can’t do that!” I said grabbing her and flinging her back onto her bed.

“You did not just push me.” Erelin said.

“Guys, chill!” Sam said coming between us. “We need to take care of Chrissy.” She said and she was right.

“Look, Brendon and Pete will fix this. Everything will be alright.” I said hoping that they talk some sense into Andy. “We cannot let Chrissy know about this. We have to act as if everything is fine. Erelin you need to think that your vision is going to come true. Correction, it will come true. This wedding will go on with nothing stopping it.” I said.

“I’m sorry. I have to think positively here. Brendon and your husband will get through to him. Andy will marry Chrissy and all will be right in the world, er, sort of.” Erelin said sighing.

We walked out quietly and knocked on Chrissy’s door. “Chrissy may we come in?” Sam asked.

“Sure.” She said.

We walked into the room and shut the door. We needed to hurry though because we did not know how much longer Pete and Brendon could contain Andy from seeing Chrissy. However when we walked into the room, Chrissy had her back to us.

“Chrissy? Chrissy what is wrong?” Erelin said as she walked over to where Chrissy was standing. It was so weird because Chrissy was standing in front of a mirror and Erelin had no reflection when she stood behind Chrissy. All you saw was Chrissy’s reflection and she was crying.

“This is supposed to be the happiest time of my life.” She sobbed. I looked over at Sam and we were both confused.

“Pete. Pete, Chrissy is upset and crying now. What has Andy said to her?” I said in my thoughts for Pete to pick up.

“What? What do you mean she is crying?” He responded back.

“She is upset about tonight.” I said.

“As far as I know he hasn’t said anything yet to her. Don’t worry Andy will be at that courthouse if I have to knock him out and tie him up.” Pete thought.

“Chrissy, what are you so upset about?” I asked.

“I just need some Chrissy time. I never get any time to myself. I am always with Andy and I love him but I do not know. We are always together and when I am not I am helping you guys. I cannot seem to get a break ever since I was bitten, on your wedding night, Amanda. It is not fair. I used to have a balance. I had me time, Andy time, and you all time.” She said sobbing.

“Here.” Erelin said handing Chrissy a tissue.

“Let me fix your makeup for you.” Sam said as Chrissy’s eyeliner and mascara was running.

“Is this what you are upset about?” I said sighing with relief and Erelin looking at me funny.

“Yes.” Chrissy replied.

“Oh, good cause I thought, well nevermind. We need to get to Bev’s so that you can change into your dress over there.” I said grabbing the bag.

“Amanda!” Erelin snapped.

“Look, Chrissy I understand how you feel about wanting some alone time. Why did you not mention this earlier to someone or me? I would have let you off slaying and such.” I said relieved that she did not want to back out of getting married after all.

“Well, part of it is Andy. He will not let me out of his sight for very long, since I was been bitten. He is worried that something may happen to me again so he sticks me with you guys or it’s just me and him.” Chrissy said starting to calm down a little.

“I tell you what. Since I am your best friend, I will gently have a discussion with Andy and that he needs to respect that you need some alone time every now and then.” Erelin said giving Chrissy a hug.

“I promise not to let him talk me into taking you out all the time to the movies and such when I know you do not want to go after telling me the first time that you do not want to go.” Sam said.

“And I will try not to have you slay as much.” I said smiling.

“You guys would do that for me?” She said wiping her face from her tears.

“Yes!” All three of us said.

“Thanks you guys!” She said giving us, a group hug.

“Ok, let’s get over to Bev’s.” I said still holding Chrissy’s dress.

“Shouldn’t I tell Andy where I will be?” Chrissy asked.

“NO!” We all replied.

“It is bad luck for Andy to see his bride in her dress.” Sam said shooing Chrissy out the door of her room.

I had the dress. Erelin had Chrissy’s make up bag, and Sam had Chrissy. Sam had already packed a bag for Chrissy and had it ready in the car for her honeymoon. If this wedding actually takes place, then Chrissy is going to be surprised with her surprise we all have instore for her and Andy.