How Dark Is the Night?

Why Me?

I dreamed again although this time I ended up in someone else’s dream and it was not Pete’s dream. I looked around and was in a mansion. I had to be in Volkmar’s new hide out. Was I in his dream?

I stepped into a ballroom and as I looked around it was the one from my dreams. I felt someone behind me and turned around. It was Kat.

“What are you doing here?” She replied angrily, ready to fight with me.

“I don’t know how I ended up here in your dream, Kat. I can help you though. You realize what Volkmar wants with you, right? He wants to rule the world. He is using you, Kat. He wants to succeed where Dracula failed with me. Think about Micah. He has him tied up somewhere to keep you here doing whatever he wants. If you do harm a human, Kat, I will be forced to kill you and I don’t want to do that.” I said watching her closely.

“Volkmar loves me. He said so.” Kat replied.

“Do you love him? Because I thought that your heart belonged with Micah.” I said.

“I do love Micah!” She yelled lunging at me but missed.

“Kat, Volkmar is brainwashing you. You are confused. Do you not remember what happened to you? He bit you and forced you to drink, turning you into what you are now.” I said calmly.

“No.” She said coming at me again.

This time I grabbed her arm and something happened. The ballroom changed and Kat’s memories started to come out. I still had her arm but we were standing in front of what happened to her from the time she was captured, to the ballroom again where I saw her in my dreams die.

We both standing on the balcony of the ballroom now, and she started to cry as she watched herself be turned against her will. Then, we saw where she was taken after she died and awoke as a vampire. It was a room with pictures of me, and all my friends around the walls.

Kat was trying to break free of my grasp and was crying over what she saw. Volkmar had come into the room when she had first woken up as a vampire, scared and confused. He was using his lies to fill her head on what happened to her.

The next thing I knew, Kat finally broke away from my grasp and tried to attack Volkmar but it was a memory, not actually him in her dreams. She ran right through him.

“Kat, Nick is worried about you. He wanted me to give you a message. He said to not, shut him out. He cares and wants to help you too.” I replied.

“I hate you. Everyone loves and adores you. I will always be the second slayer; the backup.” Kat said turning back into her old self again. “You tell Nick, I am not his little cousin anymore and I will be after you soon, watching and waiting.” She said.

With that, Kat disappeared as I felt myself pulled out of her dream. How can I help her when she hates me for no reason? Kat is not the second slayer. We should be working together as a team. Where did all this jealousy come from when at first, I was hesitant but it was
Pete and me, who took her in and trained her? I just do not understand.

I finally found myself in one more dream. I was back in the ballroom and I was wearing the black outfit that Erelin had seen me wear in one of her visions. I quickly grabbed my neck to find no bite marks thank goodness.

I walked around the ballroom, studying it more and learning where my exits are. I looked out of the big ballroom windows to see a pool and a maze of shrubbery with a path. A door led out of the ballroom and onto the patio of the pool as well when I walked around the ballroom a bit more.

I felt an eerie prescence behind me and turned around. There, standing in front of me was Volkmar. He did not say a word at first. He just stared at me.

“So you have finally found a way to haunt my dreams now too, huh?” I asked.

“Well, I did bite you not long ago, didn’t I? And your wonderful boyfriend did become a vampire through me.” He snickered.

“Let Kat go for it is really me that you want. Admit it, you may be stronger then your brother was but you want what he could not have and that was me. He had me in his grasp and failed to turn me. You do not really want me dead, yet.” I said stepping back a ways from him.

“I want you any way I can get you, dead or turned. See, you think you know me but I already have what I want and that is Kat who is going to help me rid the world of humans.” Volkmar said laughing.

“Don’t bet on it. Kat will not help you.” I said on guard.

“You are so foolish. Soon we will battle anyway and you will know when.” Volkmar said, as I was shook awake.