How Dark Is the Night?

You Are My Guitar Hero

(Erelin’s POV)
“Honey, did you sleep ok?” Brendon asked as I was starting to wake up.

“I dreamed some but otherwise, yeah, I guess. Why?” I asked confused at first.

“Because you mumbled a lot and tossed and turned in your sleep. I was not able to make out what you mumbled, but you sort of worried me. I decided it was best to let you sleep and wake up on your own.” He said getting out of bed and looking for something to wear for today.

Ahh today was another day. I guess from being on edge almost every night, I became restless last night. If I do not watch it, Brendon is going to learn I have a talent thanks to Volkmar and he does not. I know how much he missed his vampire abilities he had before he was turned a second time.

I do not like this talent but I have to learn how to control it so I can help Amanda with it. I do not want Brendon to be upset that he has no vampire superpower as I am going to call it. It would make him lose focus.

“Thank you for not waking me up.” I said smiling at him before I yawned.

Maybe some extra blood will help boost my energy. Oh, to be human again so I do not have think about drinking human blood again because even though I crave it now, it is only because I am a vampire. The thought of it still makes me cringe because it is disgusting to think about.

Ok, sure I dreamed and thought about Brendon biting me many times before and he had back when he was a vampire and I was human and going up against Dracula at that time. Now, since things have changed when we kill Volkmar, there is not one thing I will miss as a vampire. Well, may some of the super strength and energy that came along with it. However, the blood is a no.

“I really do not remember what I dreamed.” I said lying to Brendon. I hated to lie but I could not tell him what I dreamed all night to make me worry even more then I already was.

I just hope Amanda got some sleep and talked to Nick about what is going on. Maybe she will get some answers and a way to help Kat without us having to stake her. Ooh, that reminds me that I need to call Chrissy about our group meeting. Now that Kat is a vampire, we have a serious new threat on our hands.

“Honey, I am going to take a shower, ok?” Brendon said as he sat on the bed and then kissed me good morning.

“Mmm, ok.” I sighed watching him get back up wearing nothing but only his boxers.

I really need to clean this place up today. This huge apartment is a mess. I really would like to move into a house but with the two of us, I cannot get Brendon to agree. If my dream of having twins ever comes true, however, it would all work out perfectly because then we would need to move for the extra space.

I started to clean and drifted back into some serious thoughts. My focus as I vaccumed and dusted the apartment was what I dreamed last night. Could Pete really harm Amanda and turn on her as I saw last night in the dream?

I do not want to believe it, after all the trouble and separating they have already been through together. It troubles me what I saw. No, that dream is going to the back of my thoughts. I am not even going to think about it any more. Pete would never do anything to harm or jepordize the baby or Amanda.

“Erelin?” Brendon asked. “Erelin, are you alright?” Brendon asked again as I was washing the dishes now. What else is a vampire girl to do when it is daylight outside?

“Oh, yes. Why do you ask?” I responded snapping back to reality.
Time had flown by and I apparently lost track of it as I was lost in my thoughts and too busy cleaning.

“Babe, you got up and started cleaning as I took a shower. It is almost five pm now and you are still cleaning. I have tried to talk to you but you have ignored me so I left you be but I cannot take it anymore. You act as if your mind is lost in thought. You even ignored me when I asked you if you wanted to play a game of Guitar Hero, which you know, I would own you in.” Brendon said concerned but trying to humor me.

“Did you? I am so sorry, baby. It is just with Kat the way she is and we cannot kill her. I am just trying to think of ways to help. Oh, and by the way you are so wrong. I would totally own you in Guitar Hero.” I said laughing then pulling Brendon close and kissing him.

“Well, let’s go play then.” Brendon said circling around me and cocking an eyebrow up. “However, if you lose, you have to call all of your friends and tell them how smart, talented and great I am. You also have to tell them you suck at Guitar Hero and I am the best.” He said laughing.

“Is that all?” I said rolling my eyes.

“Uh, yeah, why? What do you have in mind?” He asked starting to get worried and swallowing hard as he spoke.

“What’s the matter? Are you nervous?” I said laughing.

“No, not at all. You probably just want me to give you an extra back massage or something, right?” He said suddenly unsure if he wanted to play against me.

“Honey, if I win, you get to go to everyone’s house and run around the living room in your boxers. With that, you also have to say how great I am and that I am the best Guitar Hero player ever. And, if that isn’t awkward enough for you, I want you to buy us a house.” I said.

“You want me to do what?” Brendon asked.

“You heard me. Oh, and for every song you mess up on, an article of clothing must be removed.” I said walking into our living room from the kitchen smiling. This is the perfect distraction I needed.