How Dark Is the Night?

Are We Growing Up Or Just Going Down

Tonight was the night we needed to have our group meeting on what to do with Kat. I felt odd today as I went dowstairs to train after waking up from all the dreams I had. Pete shook me awake because he heard me talk in my sleep and the fact that I woke him up by strangling him in his sleep as I thought he was Volkmar in my dream.

How uncool is that? Volkmar can invade my dreams now and I almost strangle my husband. Well, he is already dead so air is not a problem.
Everyone crept in one by one eventually. I was still exercising and practicing my moves when Andy and Chrissy arrived. I stopped long enough to give them a big hug.

“Eww, you are all sweaty.” Chrissy said as I gave her a hug.

“Well, I am so sorry. I am a slayer and it is my job to train, you know.” I said laughing.

“Is everything alright? Erelin said something happened.” Andy said before Chrissy could get it out.

“Yeah, everything is fine now but there is a problem and I shall tell everyone when Brendon and Erelin arrive. They are running late.” I said as I started to feel some sharp abdomen pains.

It was not time for the baby to start kicking yet. It had only been a month now, maybe a little over. I shook it off and started to go back to training with Andy staring at me in awe of my dagger trick. It gets him everytime I do this and he almost drops his jaw.

“Andy, you know I should be the one your jaw drops for.” Chrissy said sitting on his lap on the couch. She was playing with his hair and breathing in his ear.

“Get a room!” Sam shouted as she came downstairs seeing Andy pounce on Chrissy.

“We already had one!” Chrissy snapped back.

My pains increased and so I stopped training and headed over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Pete noticed as he was strumming on his bass and quickly put it down to walk over to me. The water tasted so good.

“Babe, are you ok?” Pete asked wrapping his arms around me.

“I think so. I think I am just a little dehydrated.” I said sucking down my water.

“I can feel them.” Pete said placing his hands over my belly.

“She is ok.” I said smiling at Pete, as I am happy that we know when something is wrong with each other.

The doorbell rang and Patrick walked over from his keyboard to open the door. When he opened it, in ran Brendon stripped down to his boxers running around the place. Everyone stared at Erelin confused as she walked in holding onto Brendon’s clothes.

I started laughing when I heard Brendon yell, “Whoo hoo Erelin is the best and Erelin is the greatest Guitar Hero player I know!” He was still running around.

“You left out something.” Erelin replied.

“Oh, and we are going to buy a house next to Pete when this is all over!” He yelled jumping up on the couch beside Chrissy and Andy then jumping back down.

“Here! That is a good Brendon.” Erelin said throwing Brendon his clothes and laughing hysterically.

“What was that all about?” I asked as I walked back into the living room with Pete behind me still holding onto me.

“He lost a bet. That was his punishment for smarting off to me earlier.” She said leaving it at that.

“Wow, Erelin. How did you get him to crack and buy you a house?” Joe asked.

“I have my ways.” Erelin said grinning.
“So what is the big news?” Bev asked as Brendon came back downstairs a little embarrassed.

I told them about what happened the other night with Kat and about my dreams. I explained that even though she is a vampire she is still Kat and is a good one. We had to be careful around her and try to get her to come back to her senses so we can save Micah. Everyone needed to be careful and stay together when out on patrol.

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain again then I started to feel dizzy. The pain increased and I fell backwards with Pete catching me and gently putting me on the floor. I heard voices.

“Oh, my, Amanda, are you alright?” Sam asked with everyone hovering over me.

“Amanda?” Bev asked.

“Amanda, focus and talk to me.” Pete said as I looked up.

“I’m…I’m alright.” I managed to say as I tried to sit up. The pain increased and I fell back into Pete’s arms blacking out.