How Dark Is the Night?

Bite Me

Pete didn’t grab me back and I felt the worst feeling I could ever have next to the one thinking he was dead, come over me. I quickly stepped back away from him. I looked into his eyes to see he wasn’t the same Pete. His eyes showed hurt, confusion, angriness, and most of all a hunger.

“Pete, what have they done to you? Don’t you recognize me?” I asked stepping away from him and running into the patio furniture by the pool.

Then I turned to see a smile come from his lips. Pete started to lick his lips and I watched as his fangs slid out from his mouth. I was going to be sick.

“No. Pete, listen to me. You aren’t one of them. You are good. You have to be.” I said backing up further but I stopped. Any farther and I would have ended up in the pool.
“Pete, it’s me, Amanda. I love you. You love me. We are married. We took vows.” I said holding up my hand and showing my ring. “Pete, please remember.” I said a little scared with tears forming. Pete kept getting closer and closer to me. Finally he grabbed me.

He let out no words. I looked in his eyes again to see he was conflicted on what he should do. I decided that Pete wins. I love him too much and I want to be with him. If this is how I can be with him then so be it. He can bite me. Pete can turn me.

“Go ahead Pete.” I said sticking my neck out as he held me. “I want to be like you. I love you too much not to be with you.” I said.

Pete leaned in to bite me. He drank. I felt myself becoming weaker. “Pete, I love you.” I barely got out.

“No!” He said breaking away from my neck.

Pete let go of me and I fell to the concrete. I reached out for him. He looked at me confused and took off.

“No, Pete!” I screamed before falling unconscious.