How Dark Is the Night?

To Be Prepared

(Two Days Later)
“Why are you all so happy for?” I asked Sam and Patrick as they had taken me out to eat for lunch.

“Oh, no reason.” Sam replied smiling as she looked at Patrick.

“Look, I know that Pete has something up his sleeve for tonight. What has he done now? I will eventually find out. I always do and I hate surprises. Did I ever tell you that you two were my favorite best friends?” I said hoping to get their attention.

“As nice as that sounds it isn’t working on us.” Patrick said laughing.

“Besides Bev is your best friend. How do you think that would make her feel?” Sam said not budging on giving away the secret.

“You all are my best friends! I can have more then one.” I said, as I ate my lunch we were having at the diner down the street.

“Well, we are still not giving away about tonight.” Patrick chimed in.

“There is no winning with you is there?” I sighed.

“Nope!” They both said.

We ate our lunch and did some shopping afterwards. It was nice getting away from Pete. He appeared to be himself again these past few days after his incident with me over going to see Erelin. I was beginning to think that this surprising me thing was actually a sincere thing he wanted to do. I guess he was acting weird because of me being in the hospital and fear over Alex. Yet, it is good to get away from him sometimes.

“Amanda, Patrick and I have set a date for our wedding. We wanted to take our time at it and not feel rushed or pressured. We want to have a December wedding.” Sam said asking for my approval in the middle of a boutique we were shopping in.

“We want it a week before Christmas and we thought maybe in Chicago where there may be snow. Plus it would be easier on her friends and family from New York to attend.” Patrick said.

“Will you be my matron of honor?” She asked.

“Uh, yeah.” I said taken off guard.

“We know that Volkmar is still on the loose but this is what we want. Why should he interfere with our plans?” Patrick said squeezing Sam and kissing her.

“You do realize that you only have like a few weeks then to prepare.” I said.

“Actually, we have been secretly organizing it already. It is just the little things; like the dresses and flowers, we need. Patrick already knows of a church and we just need to call and set up an appointment to talk to the minister.” Sam said with her eyes beaming with joy.

“It is going to be cold.” I said shivering at the thought of seeing snow. I hate cold weather. Give me a nice warm beach to lie on the sand in.

“A snowy wedding is what we want.” She said.

I smiled. I was happy that Patrick and Sam were finally getting married. I was also happy that I was the first one they told this too.

“It’s about time that you two joined the married couples. I thought you two were going to be engaged only forever!” I said hugging them both.

“I know you like red so I thought that the bridesmaid dresses could be a maroon color. I like that shade of red.” Sam said.

I watched at how much happier they seemed by getting it out and in the open. December was right for them because after December, January starts and brings new beginnings with the New Year. They can actually start to have a family and who knows; maybe Volkmar will not be around to ruin their day.

We finally made it back to their place and Pete was in the training room, training. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his sweaty body as he was only wearing pants. He knew how to turn me on.

“I got you.” I said with him turning around.

“Are you sure about that?” He said spinning me around and off him.

“Oh, you want to make a go at it, huh?” I said smiling. I loved training with him.

“Let’s see what you have. I want you to be ready and on guard at all times.” Pete said giving a wicked grin.

“Aren’t I always?” I asked innocently.

Patrick and Sam had made a beeline for upstairs and that left Pete and me alone to train together. I took off the hoodie I had on and left the shirt I was wearing on. I was so ready for this.

We went at it several times with me pinning him down each time. “Why do you even bother, Pete? You know I can I take you and you know I am good at what I do.” I said sighing. For once, I would like him to pin me as if I was just starting out a slayer.

“What I do is wearing you out. Are you tired yet?” He asked.

“I’m a little and bored.” I said as I still sat on top of him.

“Good because when you go up against Volkmar he is going to do everything to make you tired and wore out. He will even attack us as you know but you must not let it get to you. This battle is more crucial then anything. You must be ready and prepared for every little trick, and surprise he throws at you and remember not give up for anything. Your family was full of fighters, Amanda, and that is what you are. You are my fighter.” Pete said surprising me with where this was coming from all of a sudden.

“Pete…” I said before Pete knocked me off him with a force.

“What the hell was…?” I got out before Pete attacked me and knocked me into the wall.

He came at me with full force taking me down hard onto the ground. “You got distracted. What did I tell you about focusing better?” Pete said as he was on top of me pinning me down.

Well, I got what I wanted but this is not exactly how I wanted it. Pete’s eyes were now dark and cold like when I found him by the pool after he was turned. His fangs were now out.

“Pete, stop. Ok, you made your point.” I said trying to force him off me.

“Have I? Because I do not think, you are ready for what may happen. I think you may need some help and I refuse to let Brendon help you.” Pete said bending over to my neck.

“Pete, what are you doing?” I said trying to push him off me but for some strange reason, I locked into Pete’s control over me.

Pete faced me and started to kiss me. I was powerless to move. I was letting him control me and part of me liked it. What am I doing? I usually fight his hold over me.

“Tonight, you shall be ready and I am helping you.” Pete said kissing down my neck.

I was enjoying this dark side of Pete. I did not understand why. Maybe because I am attracted to the dangerous type and he is provoking that in me.

“You won’t understand now and you may hate me later but this is my gift to you.” Pete said biting me.

“Pete, what are you doing?” I mumbled trying to stay awake.

“Just rest now. You won’t remember this until later.” He said taking his finger to my lips.

I felt him pick me up in his arms and carry me to our room. He layed me down on the bed and then went to shut the door. I felt so paralyzed. What was happening to me?