How Dark Is the Night?

I'm Alive

I awoke from a nap feeling oddly refreshed. I reached for my neck as an instinct and felt nothing. I walked over to the dresser mirror to see no bite wound. That was odd as to why I did that.

My body felt weird but in a good way. I feel like I am on a high. Pete must have worn me out in training that he brought me up here to take a nap. However, I feel like I have felt this way before but cannot seem to remember it.

My phone rang and when I answered it, I heard Erelin’s voice. “Amanda are you and Pete alright?” She said upset.

“Yes, why? Did you have another dream again?” I wondered.

“No. This time it was just a feeling.” Erelin said.

“I am fine and Pete is downstairs I think.” I replied.

“Well, you two just be careful. I have a bad feeling.” She said.

“Well, oddly enough I feel great. I feel like I am ready to take on the world.” I said.

“Seriously, how so?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t know but I like this feeling. I woke up feeling stronger and more aware of my surroundings like my senses, heightened. I just feel good overall. Pete let me nap after our training session earlier. I guess I wore myself out and needed to rest and well I woke up rejuvenaited.” I said.

“Well, just don’t over do it. Has Pete told you about your surprise yet?” Erelin asked.

“No, but I am sure I shall find out about it when I walk downstairs. I shall talk to you later, Erelin.” I said hanging up but not before, I heard a, “But…” from her.

I put my phone away and headed downstairs. Pete was training still looking more tired then usual. I saw a bag of mine on the couch. I assumed it was for my surprise and that he was taking me somewhere.

“Hi, stranger.” I said surprising Pete.

When I looked at Pete, something was different about him. He felt different to me. I could not put my finger on it. It was as if a piece of me was missing to my memory. Pete would not do anything to my memory again though after what happened last time.

“You are awake. How are you feeling?” He asked coming to greet me with a kiss.

“Ew, you are all sweaty.” I said acting like, I was pulling away from him.

“You know you love it.” He said grabbing me and holding me tighter.

When Pete let go though, he almost fell over. Something was wrong. I could sense it.

“Pete, are you alright?” I said as I grabbed him.

“Oh, yeah, I just overworked myself. There is no need to worry. I will drink some blood in a minute before we leave for tonight.” He said smiling at me.

“So we are leaving here and going off someplace. I knew it when I saw my bag packed!” I said.

“Calm down.” He said laughing at me.

“I hate surprises.” I said rolling my eyes. “Look, I am going to go take a shower. When are we leaving?” I asked. “And where are Sam and Patrick?” I asked noticing that they were not here.

“They went out. We will be leaving in about an hour and a half.” Pete said sitting on a barstool.

“Okay.” I said kissing Pete’s cheek. “You drink some liquidy goodness for you while I shower, alright? I don’t want anymore scares from you.” I said heading upstairs.

“Yes, mother.” He replied.

I walked back into my room and grabbed some nice clothes to wear. Even though we live in L.A., it still can get cold here in the wintertime. It can get down into the 40’s and 50’s at night so I wanted to dress warm. I pulled out a nice sweater and my best jeans. I still had to look sharp for tonight.

After I was satisfied with what I was going to wear, I hopped into the shower. I was just full of energy. Maybe I should practice with Pete more often.

I rubbed my stomach and started to talk to Alex. I just could not help but wonder why I feel so alive and Pete feels like he is slipping to me. I know I felt this way before. I just cannot place it.

After the shower, Pete took one and then we got into the car with our bag that Pete had packed. I was nervous and ready for my surprise. The suspense was killing me.