How Dark Is the Night?

Maybe Misery

(Andy’s POV)
“Well, that was a good movie that you picked. Next time, I get to pick.” I said as I held Chrissy’s hand as we walked from the movie theatre to my car. It was eerily odd out because there are normally many people out before the holidays to see movies.

“Andy, I feel like we are being watched.” Chrissy said as we were halfway to my car.

“Babe, only Pete knows where we are and I brought protection in case of an attack. Maybe because of all the stress we have all been under your mind is just playing a trick on you.” I said looking around not seing anything suspicious.

“Maybe, but I just have this weird vibe, honey.” She said holding onto me tighter.

We walked a few steps farther when I suddenly felt two hands grab me. I heard Chrissy scream and broke away from my attacker to push her out of the way of a nasty vampire. They just came out of nowhere.

“Chrissy take these keys and run to the car!” I said helping her up and pushing her in the direction of the car.

“No, I don’t want to leave you!” She yelled.

“Chrissy I can take care of them. Now go!” I yelled watching her take off.

There were three vampires and I started to fight two. I had not realized the the third one had slipped away from me as I was so into killing the vampires attacking us. The two I was fighting were strong but I managed to stake one of them before I heard Chrissy scream again.

It felt like my whole world just stopped as I turned to see the third vampire at my car holding Chrissy who was trying to break free. Then, the other vampire, who knocked my stake out of my hand, grabbed me. I tried to break free but he was too powerful.

“Let go of me, ass!” Chrissy yelled.

“What do you want with us?” I asked hoping that I could get Chrissy away somehow.

“You and your mrs are invited tonight to a party sponsored by your friend.” The vampire behind me snickered.

“We are not to harm you until later tonight.” The one holding Chrissy said.

“Volkmar isn’t our friend.” Chrissy said elbowing the vampire holding her. She briefly was out of her captor’s grasp but he soon caught her again.

“If I wasn’t ordered to not harm you, I would have killed you first, my dear.” The vampire sneered.

“Your friend, Pete, wised up and joined our side. He apparently wants that slayer hes been around turned to our side and you guys get a front row seat.” The one holding me said.

“Pete wouldn’t do that!” Chrissy said.

“Wanna bet?” The other vampire said licking his lips.

There has to be a logical explanation for this. Pete would not betray us. He would not dare hurt Amanda, either, would he? However, he was the only one who knew that Chrissy and I were going to the movies tonight.

“Oh and so you can’t try to get away…” The vampire holding me said.

I heard a scream from Chrissy again and then I was out like a light.