How Dark Is the Night?

Too Late

(Erelin’s POV)
“No!” I screamed waking up from my nap. I looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after nine pm. I had just got off the phone with Amanda only a few hours ago and now I cannot believe this.

“What, babe?” Brendon said waking up and seeing how upset I am.

“Honey, get up and get some clothes on. We need to get to the beach house fast!” I yelled hopping up out of bed.

“We can’t go barging in on Pete and Amanda.” Brendon said confused.

“We can when Amanda is in danger.” I snapped.

“What?” Brendon asked putting some pants on.

“Look, to make a long story short, I can explain things on the way but as of right now I can see things and if what I dreamed comes true we are in a butt load of trouble. I am sorry for keeping this from you, Amanda and Pete knew but I was afraid it would crush you. Now please hurry. There is no time. Pete is going to betray Amanda and us.” I said worried.

We piled into the car and Brendon drove the highest speed that the car would go. He was so confused and hurt at the same time. Before I could explain anything to him, I had to go over what I saw before I forget it. I had to keep it fresh in my memory.

I saw Volkmar at the beach house and Amanda running. Then, I saw Pete take Amanda and bite her leading her to the new mansion where Volkmar was staying. I just hoped that this has not happened yet, that this is just a warning that this will happen.

“Can’t you step on it?” I yelled.

“I am going as fast as the car can go! You want to explain to me how you can see things and I can’t?” Brendon asked.

“Look, Brendon, I don’t know why you don’t have this ability. Pete could hear thoughts, which he passed to Amanda. I do not know why you did not get my ability.

Instead, if you noticed you had super strength. It is a little bit stronger then normal vampire strength. That is your ability. I have had these dreams and visions for a while now but they never came true until recently.

Amanda was the one who told me how to focus in on them and to concentrate more. I helped her prevent attacks and such and I saw Chrissy almost have a meltdown on her wedding day, which we prevented. I have also dreamed seeing Amanda die and there be nothing I can do to stop it, other then warn her about it.

This was different. Brendon, our dear friend, Pete, has now joined the enemy and from what I saw, it does not look good. He plans to turn Amanda into a vampire. He has told Volkmar where they were going to be. That is why hes been acting strangely the last few days. He had this planned. It all makes sense now as to why he disappeared the other night and did not come home until almost sunrise the day Amanda came over.

Anyway, in my dream Amanda is running from Volkmar at the beach house and he tosses her to Pete who sinks his fangs into her, and making her unconscious. Plus, he will be taking her to Volkmar’s new mansion to turn her but based on my previous dreams, Amanda doesn’t turn, she drowns in a pool.” I explained.

Brendon sat in silence for a minute. “If he has been bad all this time, then are you? Are you pretending to love me and be Amanda’s friend?” Brendon asked raising his eyebrow.

“Brendon, you know me.” I said.

“Do I? Because from what I see, Amanda and all of us thought we knew Pete. Come to find out he has been playing us all along to get what he wants?” Brendon said glancing at me for a second.

“Brendon, this is me. Would I have turned you, if I did not love you? If I was a cold-blooded killer, I could have left you to die from Volkmar but I did not. I care about Amanda. You know that. I love you, Brendon. I would never turn to the bad side. Besides would I be dragging your ass down to the beach house to save Amanda if I was bad?” I asked upset.

Brendon looked in my eyes as he was driving. He studied them hard. Then, he grinned.

“You are my Erelin. I just had to be sure because I do not want anything to happen to Amanda. We can’t lose her, Erelin.” Brendon said pulling over at the side of the road of the beach house.

I took off towards the house as soon as I got out of the car. The lights were off in the house. I ran down the back and towards the ocean. There were footprints all around indicating a struggle.

“They are gone!” Brendon shouted from the house.

I ran back up to him and said, “We are too late. I need to focus. Maybe I can find her if I concentrate.” I said.

All of a sudden from out of nowhere, a vampire jumped out attacking Brendon. When he turned to face me, I saw that it was none other than Micah. He looked terrible and I could tell he was a starving vampire.

As I tried to get him off Brendon, he hopped onto me and pinned me to the ground. “You shall do nicely.” He said.

“Brendon!” I yelled as I tried to fight Micah off me.

“I can take your blood.” He hissed.

“Hands off the wifey; only I can touch her!” Brendon yelled knocking Micah off me.

Micah lunged at Brendon, who said, “Don’t make me do this!”

Well, needless to say, Brendon knocked Micah out after a good punch to the face. I sighed and sat on the ground. How can I help if I do not know exactly where this mansion is that Volkmar and Pete are now obviously holding Amanda?

“I have failed Amanda.” I said starting to cry. “I was too late.” I said.

“Hey, no you weren’t. You did not know when this was going to happen. Besides, look who fell onto our lap.” Brendon said pointing to Micah.

“What does Micah have to do with anything?” I asked.

“If we can get him back home locked up and some blood in him, he will return back to himself and lead us right to Volkmar. After all, Volkmar had to release him for him to be here.” Brendon said kneeling in front of me.

“He holds the answers we need.” He added.