How Dark Is the Night?

Trying

This chapter is dedicated to NONNIE hehe because I promised her if she updated again but it seems I updated first. lol!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Erelin’s POV)
“Erelin, you have to help me get him in the car. I can drag Micah but I can’t lift him in the car by myself.” Brendon said as he took ahold of Micah’s arms and lifted him up to where he was dragging his feet.

“I can’t do this.” I said not being able to focus or concentrate on finding Amanda.

“Erelin, our friends need us. Amanda needs you to find them. If we lose Amanda, we lose them and we lose saving the world. Now, snap out of it and come help me.” Brendon said leaning against the car.

I walked over and helped him place Micah in the backseat. Then, he tossed me the keys. I was not in any shape to drive.

“You drive. I need to be focused in case Micah wakes up.” Brendon said as he got in the passenger seat.

“I…I am not sure I can do anything at this point. I feel numb.” I said as I got in the driver seat if our car.

“Erelin, yes you can. I know there is a lot of pressure but you are the only one at this point next to him that can find everyone. We have less than eight hours until sunrise to find Pete, kill Volkmar, save Amanda, and everyone else. I trust that you can do this.” Brendon said as he leaned in to kiss me.

“No pressure right?” I said as I started the car and drove off.

“So were you ever planning on telling me this about your ability?” Brendon asked as he stared out the window.

“No. Pete and Amanda knew as I said before. We were afraid of hurting you because we knew how you missed certain things about being a vampire. I did not want to hurt you or make you feel bad. I did not want you to think I was trying to replace you as to who was the better vampire or not. I know you were a vampire before me even though you became normal again and then it was hard for you when I was the one that was turned and not you again at first. I did not want you to get mad at me or be jealous over something I had no say in. I did not choose to be a vampire, remember. I was forced to be one same as when Beckett turned you the first time. Now you know what I can do.” I said trying to speed as fast as I could to get home.

“It does hurt, Erelin but only in the sense that you didn’t tell me this to begin with. I am your husband. I love you and I would not have been jealous of you in the slightest. There should be no secrets in a marriage.” Brendon sighed.

“I know. I am sorry. Can you forgive me?” I asked.

Before Brendon could answer, Micah woke up ready to attack. He reached over the seat and grabbed the wheel, almost making me go off the side of the road. That would have been bad.

“Brendon, do something!” I yelled as I drove with one hand and tried to push Micah away from me with the other.

“Micah, we are hurrying to get you help.” Brendon said unbuckling himself and reaching over to fight Micah.

“Be careful, Brendon.” I said trying to watch the road but also looking through my rearview mirror.

“That should take care of him. I just hope he doesn’t hate me when he comes back to himself.” Brendon said smiling after he knocked Micah back out.

“I’m sure he will understand.” I said smiling as Brendon placed his left hand on my right thigh.

“I forgive you and love you as always. Just promise me no more secrets.” Brendon said.

“I promise and in that case, if we live and kill Volkmar, we might be having twins.” I said. He said no more secrets.

“Twins?” He asked.

“Yeah, so start picking out names.” I said laughing.

“Well, at least you are looking positively now.” Brendon said grinning and he was right.

We arrived back at our apartment and quickly locked the door once we made it in. I found some rope in our weapons bag and tied Micah up to a kitchen chair. Brendon got out a blood packet and placed some of the blood on Micah’s lips. Like instinct, he began to lick his lips and start to come back from unconciousness.

When Micah came to, he thrashed violently trying to break free but Brendon grabbed him as I opened Micah’s mouth and poured the blood from the packet into his mouth. He started to recognize us, and calm down some so I had Brendon untie Micah who needed another packet. I grabbed the other packet out of the refridgerator and pitched it to Micah who drank it all.

“Micah, it is Erelin and Brendon. Do you remember anything?” I asked as he stared at us for a moment.

“Kat, is she alright? Wait, Amanda. We have to stop him.” Micah said getting up but almost falling over from being a little weak.

“Take it easy there. Tell us what happened to you and where Pete has taken Amanda.” I said sitting down in the kitchen.