How Dark Is the Night?

Connected

(Brendon’s POV)
“Wait, Micah.” Erelin said.

I looked at her to see Erelin had closed her eyes. I then glanced at Micah who gave me a confused look. I think Erelin was having another vision.

“Call, everyone. I think they are in danger. Volkmar plans to kidnap everyone, even us. Please hurry, Brendon.” Erelin said as she glanced at me with concern in her eyes.

I ran and grabbed my cell, frantically calling Patrick, Andy, and Joe. No one answered except for Joe. I heard a movie on in the background and sighed, a relief when I had asked him if he was with Bev and was they ok.

“Joe, whatever you do, do not leave the house, and secure the locks, tight. Do not open the doors for anyone but us. If you hear from Pete, do not let him in. This is important, Joe!” I snapped.

“Why, what is going on?” Joe asked as I heard Bev ask what was going on as well in the background.

“Look, I will explain when we get there to your place. Pete kidnapped Amanda and took her to Volkmar. Erelin had a vision and we made it to the beach house too late. I will explain about the visions later too. Also, I can’t get ahold of Patrick or Andy. Please keep trying. Erelin had a vision of them too, kidnapped by Volkmar. You and we are next. Keep Bev by your side at all times and do not answer the door. We found Micah at the beach house and are about to get some answers. We shall be there soon.” I said hanging up the phone.

“Well?” Erelin asked worried.

“I cannot get ahold of Patrick nor Andy. I did get ahold of Joe and told him we are on our way to get him. There is safety in numbers.” I sighed.

“This cannot be happening again. Pete was the one who sent Patrick and Sam out to the beach house to decorate it for him. Pete, had to have passed on that information to Volkmar, but why? I have no explanation as to why he is doing this.” Erelin said getting up out of her chair.

“Andy was out with Chrissy to the movies. We all knew about them going out.” I said as Erelin came to me for a hug full of support.

“Look, we need to hurry. Time is of the esscence. We could be next on the list, or Joe and Bev for that matter and Bev definitely does not need to be fighting since she is pregnant.” I said.
“Guys, I think I may know where the mansion I was being held in is located. I was out of it from being starved but I think I remember the way. For a while, Kat was bringing me blood packets but then that stopped. I tried to talk some sense into her and thought I was getting through but she stopped seeing me. I know Volkmar had a say in that. I was locked up for what seemed like a long time. Volkmar did say he had plans to kill Amanda and they were not pretty. How could Pete be involved with this?” Micah asked confused.

“We aren’t sure ourselves.” Erelin replied. “We’re just glad you are alright.” She added giving him a hug.

“I think Volkmar wanted me to go crazy as a distraction to you, but he didn’t realize I would remember the way to his mansion. I think he thought that you guys would have to kill me.” Micah said.

“About that, I am sorry for punching you in the face a few times. It was the only way to knock you out.” I said apologizing.

“It’s alright. I was not myself. You had to do something.” Micah said understanding.

“Wait, you don’t think that Pete found out about Volkmar’s plans and tried to stop him by pretending to be bad do you?” Micah asked.

“I really don’t know. All I do know is that he has bitten Amanda, kidnapped her, and is holding her up at the mansion along with possibly our other friends. I want him to pay either way for what he has done. He should have come to us first that is if he is still good, but from my visions, I have to say that he is bad and has been playing us all along. I want to believe he is still our Pete but either way I want to kick his ass right now!” Erelin said pissed as I sat down on a barstool.

“I’m sure Amanda will do the ass kicking.” Micah replied.

“She won’t if she is under his spell.” Erelin said rolling her eyes.

All of a sudden, my head started to throb. Then I heard a, “Brendon.”

“Brendon can you hear me?” I heard Amanda speak to me in my thoughts for the first time, knocking me out onto the floor from where I was sitting. It startled me.

“Are you alright?” Erelin asked helping me up.

“You don’t hear that?” I asked.

“Hear what, dear?” She replied.

“Amanda just spoke to me.” I said as I grabbed Erelin’s hand.

I looked at Erelin to see she was either hearing Amanda now or having another vision. “Honey?” I asked.

“I can’t hear her like you but I saw her. She is in a room in that mansion. She feels sick from nausea but she is stronger then ever. We need to hurry and get Joe now!” Erelin said.

“Well, what should I do? How do I talk back to Amanda?” I asked confused.

“Honey, it is a gift of yours. Figure it out on the way to Joes. I am so proud of you. Tell her we are on our way if you can.” Erelin said kissing me as I now had a new, vampire ability.

“Wait, I am a little confused.” Micah said.

“We will explain on the way to Joes.” I said as we locked up the apartment and left.