How Dark Is the Night?

Headlock

(Brendon’s POV)
As Erelin drove as fast as she could over to Bev and Joe’s apartment, I sat there hearing Amanda in my head. I guess I needed to focus because apparently she cannot hear me respond. Just read my thoughts. Amanda. It is what you are good at anyway.

Nothing. It is killing me how she chooses not to read my thoughts. Ok, concentrate harder, Brendon. Tell Amanda that help is on its way.

“Amanda, I hear you. Please stop yelling and cussing because I can hear you.” I said in my thoughts.

“Brendon! Oh my goodness, it worked!” She said.

“Yeah, now you decided to read my thoughts.” I said trying to keep her calm.

“Look, I am stressed and Alex is stressed. You try carrying a child who will not let you talk about killing her father hence my mind is elsewhere.” Amanda replied in my head.

“Alex isn’t even, nevermind. I don’t want to even know.” I said confused.

“Look, it is complicated but as I speak of killing Pete she goes nuts. I feel nauseated and I am having those severe stressful cramps all over again.” Amanda said.

“Do you want to kill him?” I asked.

There was a pause. I know that this is hard on Amanda. I mean, Pete is Alexandra’s father. If she did kill Pete, how would she explain that to her daughter?

“I am being held so far in a huge bedroom. Actually, I am in its bathroom. That is beside the point right now.” She said trying not to freak out. I could tell she was slipping and was trying to hold it together.

“I know you are.” I said.

“Wait, what do you mean you know? Are you already on your way? I think I am in that mansion Erelin, wait, um, I dreamed.” Amanda said sounding embarrassed.

“It’s ok. I know. That is a long story we can chat about later. Important thing is we have Micah thanks to a vision and Erelin saw where you were shortly after you gave me a heart attack and knocked me out of my chair.” I said scolding Amanda.

“I am so sorry. I did not even know if that would work. At least you have an ability now, and that is to hear me when I need you. What would I ever do without you?” She said laughing.

“That’s right, missy, you need me.” I said smiling to myself.

“Brendon, my senses are on overload. I have and urge to kill and destroy. I almost fell over the balcony as I checked out my escape plans because I bent the railing with barely touching it. I felt this way earlier when Pete bit me but…” She said before another long pause happened.

“Amanda? Amanda, sweetie, talk to me. You are scaring me and it isn’t nice.” I said now getting worried.

“Oh, sorry. I think I found me a way out of here.” She said distracted.

“Amanda.” I said worried.

“I shall be fine. What is the worse that could happen?” She said.

“Amanda, that is not funny.” I said scolding her again.

“I have to go, like as in, now.” She said.

“Micah, me, Erelin, and Joe are on our way. We think Patrick, Sam, Andy, and Chrissy have been kidnapped as well. Please be careful.” I said knowing Amanda was determined to escape on her own.

Then, I heard nothing from her. I hope and prayed Amanda would be all right. I decided to tell Erelin that I got through to Amanda.

After I told her, we arrived at the Bev’s apartment. I had to call Joe on my cell to inform him we were on his front step. Once Joe got the confirmation, we were led inside. My fear was that Amanda was going to get caught escaping and something bad was going to happen.