How Dark Is the Night?

Last Battle

I made it over to where Volkmar was. Anger filled my veins. This ends tonight. Volkmar will die and my baby can grow up in peace, at least I hoped. My friends would all be safe and live their lives without fear.

“Leave them alone!” I screamed at Volkmar as I saw he had ahold of Kat and Micah was unconscious on the ground behind Volkmar.

“Amanda, you were born for this. You can do this. Be careful.” Pete said in my thoughts. I turned quickly to face him and nodded my head. I then turned back towards Volkmar.

“I killed you. How are you still alive? I watched you drown.” Volkmar said.

“What’s a matter, Volkmar? Are you seeing a ghost?” I replied. “I’m not dead, sorry to say. Oh, and about the drowning part, yeah, nice try but it didn’t work. You see, I am different then most slayers. I have my friends and family I fight for which fuels me.

You are behind on the times old man. Dracula tried to kill me but I survived. So what lesson have we learned here?” I said charging towards Volkmar as he shoved Kat down.

Kat crawled over to Micah and pulled him into her lap. She was crying and he had a nasty bump on his head. He had a few stakes by him that looked like they had fallen out of his bag.

“I will take care of them.” Pete said.
“Thanks.” I replied.

Volkmar and me fought for what seemed like an hour or more but it was actually less than that. He came at me with full force, as did I. I had him knocked to the ground for a bit but he managed to knock me down with a kick.

“I need a stake!” I shouted as Pete tossed me one.

I rolled over after I caught it and got back up. Volkmar had backed up and turned towards Pete knowing it would make me upset. Pete started to fight him but was too weak and was losing. I felt every blow.

I climbed up on Volkmar’s back and tried to grab hold of his neck to snap it but it did not work. He flipped me off his back and threw Pete in my direction knocking me to the ground. My stake went flying that I had in my hand.

“Kat, help. Micah will be ok.” I said.

“No, I can’t leave him, not now.” She said.

“Kat, I can’t fight alone.” I said.

I did a flip over Volkmar and kicked him in the stomach. I went to block one of his attacks but he tricked me and somehow managed to grab me. He pulled me close to him. I was trying to fight him off me.
“Kat!” I yelled.

“Amanda, watch out!” Pete said as Volkmar sang his fangs in my neck.

“How is that, girly? How about I drain you dry myself.” Volkmar said in my thoughts.

My body started to twitch. I could feel my blood being drained. It felt ten times worse then when Natasha’s goons attacked me and bled me almost dry.

“Kat, I need you.” I said before moaning in pain.

Finally, Volkmar let go of me and I saw it was due to Kat. She had jabbed a stake into Volkmar’s back. He let me go and went after her. I felt so dizzy and weak. My head spun. I looked at Volkmar and closed my eyes trying to stand as my body wanted to faint.

“You missed.” Volkmar said yanking out the stake from his back.

I felt something placed in my hands and warmth allowing me to stand. I listened to Volkmar’s movements and timed them. Then, I opened my eyes as if I had all the energy in the world.

“Hey, Volkmar!” I said causing him to turn around.

I threw the stake at him and it landed in his chest but not enough to puncture his heart. “Hey, guess what? You missed my heart too.” Volkmar said laughing.

“You wanna bet?” I said doing a spin kick and kicking the stake into his heart.

“No.” He said trying to pull it out but I grabbed the stake, as he looked me in the eye. “You don’t have it in you.” Volkmar said.

“No? This is for all my pain and suffering.” I said pushing the stake into his heart further to puncture it.

Volkmar grinned and said, “Welcome to the family.” Then he turned to dust.

I stood there in shock and bent over with my hands on my knees. I started to cry out in pain. Then, I went over to where Kat was with Micah again. He was coming to.

“Micah, we did it. Amanda killed Volkmar!” Kat exclaimed.

“I had some help. You stopped him from draining me.” I said taking slow breaths and grabbing my neck.

Pete walked behind me and slipped his hands around my waist. I started to feel better that he was there. “I am proud of you. I knew you could do it. You never gave up.” He said.

“Hey, all the vampires turned to dust!” Erelin said as her and everyone else came running over to where we were.

I turned to see Patrick, Sam, Andy, Joe, Chrissy, Erelin, and Brendon all alive. I noticed their slight injuries but smiled as I saw they were all right. “You should all get Kat, Micah, Erelin, Brendon, and Pete home soon. Their change will start.” I said breathing slower.

I broke away from Pete’s grasp to lead the way back to the mansion but stopped. “Amanda, Volkmar bit you. Are you ok?” Brendon asked.

“Yeah…I…will be fine.” I said collapsing into Pete’s arms.