How Dark Is the Night?

Time For That Honeymoon That We Always Wanted

June had arrived and Pete’s parents were coming in to watch Alexandra for us for the week. Pete was finally going to wisk me away on our long awaited honeymoon before he starts to go back into the studio again to record a new album with the other fellas. I wasn’t so sure about leaving my baby behind.

“Pete, I don’t think this is a good idea.” I said as we were packing our bags.

“Why, not? Now is the perfect time while Alexandra is little. It is harder to get away when kids are bigger.” Pete said.

“I know and I was all excited for this but now, I am having separation anxieties. She has never been without me. In addition, Bev is due any day now. I need to be here for my best friend.” I said sitting on the bed.

“Bev has another two weeks. Joe will call us if there is any change and we will fly back. I thought that you wanted this.” Pete said sitting beside me.

“I do but I don’t want Alex to think I abandoned her.” I said sighing.

“Hey, you aren’t abandoning her and you will call my parents and talk to Alex over the phone so she can still hear your voice. Besides, Alex needs to get to know her grandparents more. It will be nice for her to know her family.” Pete said.

“Yeah, you are right.” I said smiling.

“I know you are worried and I am too. Let’s just go enjoy ourselves because who knows when we will get another shot at this.” Pete said grinning.

The doorbell rang and Pete ran downstairs to get the door. Alexandra started crying over her baby monitor so I ran into her room and picked her up.

“I’m here, sweetie. I am always here. I am not abandoning you.” I said rocking her in a rocking chair Patrick bought us for Alex’s baby shower.

“Where’s my precious granddaughter?” Pete’s mom said as she entered the room.

“Look who is here Alex, it is your grandmother.” I said as Alex started to make a cooing sound.

“You need some rest. She will be fine with us.” Mom said as she took Alexandra.

“Thanks.” I said kissing Alex’s forehead. “There is enough diapers and formula and our cell numbers are on the fridge. If anything happens…” I said as I walked into my bedroom to finish packing.

“I know, dear, we will call you.” Mom said.

I turned around and said, “I know.” I then hugged her and Alex.

“You just go have some fun. I am going to enjoy having this little one around. It has been so long since I have been able to hold a little one.” Mom replied.

“Good, because I think she pooped her diaper.” I said laughing as Pete’s mom laid Alex on the bed. I went and got some wet wipes and another diaper.

“Are we all ready to go?” Pete asked as he walked into the room.

“I think so.” I replied kissing his cheek.

“You two kids go have fun and be happy. I know you guys will call to make sure everything is all right.” Mom replied after she changed Alex’s diaper.

Pete packed the car that was taking us to the airport and we said our goodbyes to everyone. I kissed Alex and held her one last time before her father took her. I can tell that when she gets older, Pete is going to spoil her rotten. He has been an excellent father so far.

After the goodbyes, we took off to the airport. We caught our plane and flew to Florida, my old home. We wanted to stay on the beach and take in some sights for two days just to relax a bit. Then, we were going to head over to Disney World and stay in the Polynesian Resort for the remainder of our trip.

The place was so amazing with waterfalls, fountains, tropical themes, and the friendly staff. We dropped our bags off and took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom Park. As soon as we got there, security had to escort us to a safe place because people started to swarm us when they saw us.

I was not complaining. We got to get on all the rides first. It was cool. I felt like I was a princess or something and Pete was my prince.

We had our pictures taken and one of the shops gave us the just married Mickey and Minnie ear hats because we were on our honeymoon. It was nice and I bought a Minnie hat for Alexandra for when she got older. I wanted her to come here when she was big enough to enjoy the place.

Our last night ended with a Polynesian Luau. The dinner was excellent. There were ribs, Hawaiian pork and chicken all you can eat. There was fresh cut pineapple, sweet bread that was my favorite, steamed veggies and rice. For dessert, we had their signature Lava cake. When they bring it out it erupts with chocholate and raspberry sauce on the top.

The show was amazing and the food excellent. We had so much fun. When it was over, Pete took me back up to our bedroom and put up the Do Not Disturb sign. Everything felt just right and there was nothing to stop us from having one of the most enjoyable times of our lives.

He then carried me to the bed and started to undress my dress I bought for the occasion. There were no interruptions from baby cries or phone calls from our friends. It was just me and Pete wrapped up and intune with each other. Tonight was going to be one amazing night.