How Dark Is the Night?

Where's The Party At?

“Amanda and Pete I know you two are in there!” Erelin said on the other side of the door.

“I better let Erelin in.” I said leaning over Pete to kiss him on his lips.

“Do you have to?” He said laughing and kissing me back.

“Amanda, do not make me have to beat down the door!” Erelin yelled.

“Does that answer your question?” I said giving Pete one last kiss before getting up off him and heading to the door.

I opened the door to see Brendon and Erelin barge into the bedroom. “Why aren’t you two downstairs yet? Everyone is waiting on you two.” Erelin said.

“We needed some time to reconnect.” Pete said winking at me.

“Oh and congrats on the baby; I told you I sensed something wasn’t right with you last night.” Erelin said hugging me.

“So how did your night go?” Pete asked Brendon who stood in silence.

“Um, it was alright. I didn’t have to train her much. It was like she already knew. I think it was instinct.” Brendon said running his right hand through his hair.

“I meant how are you holding up?” Pete asked.

“Other than the fact I wished it was me and not her that is the vampire, I guess I am alright. I mean I am not going to lie. I am having a hard time with this but I am dealing the best way I can.” Brendon said sitting on the bed.

“Brendon, you know I love you. I’m still the same me.” Erelin said.

“I know and I love you too. I just feel helpless. I was the one protecting you in the past and now I’m not. It really hurts your ego.” Brendon said.

“I know.” She said kissing him.

“Well, let’s go if we are going.” I said trying to shoo everyone out of the bedroom.
Erelin and Brendon rushed downstairs ahead of me and Pete. Pete grabbed my hand and led me downstairs. Everyone was smiling and coming over to hug me again and chat about the baby. They were all concerned about Pete and Erelin and wanted to know everything that happened exactly there as well.

I got a phone call from Pete’s mom on my cell. I answered it unsure of what I should say. I had forgotten that Pete needed to get a new Sidekick because his was lost and taken by the vampires.

“Hi, mom.” I said as I answered the phone with Pete hearing me and running over behind me.

“How is my son doing? Are you two having fun on your honeymoon? I tried to call his cell but I got no answer.” Pete’s mom said.

“Well, I will let Pete fill you in on our honeymoon adventure.” I said handing the phone over to Pete.

He shoved the phone back and I held the part where she can hear so she didn’t hear what Pete and I were talking about. I gave him a look.

“Pete it is your mother. She wants to know about our honeymoon. I can’t tell her you have to.” I said shoving it back.

“What exactly do I tell her? Hi, mom, I am a vampire again?” Pete asked sarcastically.

“Yes. Tell her the truth.” I said walking over to everyone.

“Kat are you ready? I think I may leave you on your own tonight. I want to trust you so if you become in trouble, scream loudly and we will come running.” I said to her.

“I’m going to fight alone?” She said. “Wickedly cool!” She said.

“Well, this new enemy is dangerous so we have to be careful but you need to learn to fight by yourself too.” I said warning her.

“It’s alright. I probably won’t be by my…” She said stopping herself. “I mean you guys will be there in the area.” She said nervously.

“Amanda, can I chat with you for a second?” Brendon asked in my ear.

“Sure.” I said looking at the group who was all talking about killing some vampires and keeping a count. Erelin was too busy distracted talking to Chrissy to notice us slip out by the pool.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Look at this.” He said pulling his shirt down away from his neck.

“Bite marks. Erelin did that?” I asked. “You let her bite you?” I asked shocked.

“Well, yeah. We were getting a little um close as we were training.” He said.

“Oh, Brendon.” I said laughing at him. I remembered what it was like in the past whenever Pete and I trained. We had too much tension and energy to burn and being so close to each other well became a distraction from training.

“Well, when Patrick told us as we came in that you had to tell Pete about the baby, I got a little worried. Erelin’s eyes never changed when she bit me and she knew when to stop. It was the same as me when I was a vampire before. You said Pete’s changed and he is different then last time?” Brendon asked concerned.

I looked at Pete through the glass doors as he talked to his mom on the phone. I turned to Brendon and said, “Yes his eyes changed as he tried to bite me the first time. I know he is troubled. He won’t tell me exactly what is going on with him but I sort of contained him earlier when he tried to bit me again. But then everything was fine. He gets possessive of me it seems. I don’t know.” I said to Brendon.

“Please be careful around him especially with you carrying the baby.” Brendon said patting me on the shoulder.

“I know, but I love him, Brendon. I am not letting this enemy win. He will not destroy me and break me down. And he certainly isn’t going to take my husband from me.” I said clinching my fist.

“I am glad to hear you say that.” He said.

“Mom wants to talk to you again.” Pete said handing me the phone as he walked from inside to out where Brendon and I were standing.

“Ok?” I said taking the phone.

“I told her and warned her again. She is worried but happy for the baby. That is what she wants to talk to you about.” Pete said kissing me and walking away.

“Great.” I said rolling my eyes at Pete.

“Have fun with that.” Brendon said leaving me alone to talk to Pete’s mom. And I am sure I was going to get a motherly lecture.