How Dark Is the Night?

An Old Friend Returns

(Pete’s POV)
“How did you get in here? Wait, you died?” I said trying to get up quickly but Beckett was already over next to Amanda by now.

“Don’t hurt her.” I said scared that he was back somehow and would do something to Amanda.

“Relax, Pete. I would never hurt her. That wasn’t me. She is pretty, Pete. You did good.” Beckett said.

I got up and tried to attack him but was pushed back. “What did you do?” I asked.

“Pete, this is your dream. You don’t realize it? You must be losing your touch.” Beckett said sitting down on the bed beside Amanda.

“What do you want?” I asked afraid that he wanted revenge. I didn’t understand what was going on.

“Pete I am sorry for what I did to you. I know this is all going to sound crazy but bare with me. I am not here to hurt you or Amanda but to warn you. Before I get to that let me explain some things first.” He said.

“Ok, explain.” I said standing by the window with my arms crossed. I happened to look down and I saw I was wearing the same outfit I had on when Beckett was killed by Natasha.

“When I was bitten by Dracula I wasn’t me. You know that. Vampires have no soul. I was gone but the demon had my body and my memories. When Natasha killed me, my soul was freed. I was stuck in this void for awhile unaware of what was going on until I was freed. I want to apologize for everything I did, well it did. I know you were hurt and I hurt Amanda. I only ask that you forgive me, Pete.” Beckett said full of remorse and sorrow.

“As you said it wasn’t you. What is there to forgive?” I said sticking my hand out to Beckett. He got up and shook my hand.

“Now, about this warning does it involve Amanda?” I asked.

“I can’t reveal too much. I will tell you this. Keep Amanda close to you. Never let her go away from your sight that much if you want her to live.” He said.

“Is something going to happen to her and the baby?” I asked frantic. “You have to tell me.

“Just keep her close Pete is all I can say. And oh, one of you will be a traitor. You must find out who or you all will be in grave danger.” Beckett said.

“Is it me? I mean when I was turned I wasn’t myself. I’m still fighting to be me inside. Am I the one who hurts Amanda?” I asked.

“You are still and will continue to fight what is brewing inside you. But remember good always wins and it will keep you safe. One of your friends will be taken by Volkmar.” Beckett said.

“Volkmar?” I repeated.

“Volkmar is who turned you and the one you are after. He is Dracula’s brother. But now I have said too much and must go.” Beckett said disappearing.

“Beckett, wait!” I yelled sitting up in bed.

“Pete, are you alright?” Amanda asked waking up from my voice and sitting up beside me.

“Yeah, it was just a dream. It was nothing.” I said kissing her and pulling her close to me. I didn’t want to let her go ever again.

“Pete, you are crushing me. I can’t breathe.” She said pushing me off of her.

“Sorry.” I said getting up to find some clothes and thinking about what Beckett said.