How Dark Is the Night?

What's A Little Secret Between Friends Gonna Hurt?

Pete acted very strange as I watched him get dressed. He yelled Beckett’s name and obviously woke up from a nightmare because he woke me up. I wonder why he dreamed of Beckett. He’s dead or at least I know he is. I saw Natasha stake him.

I decided not to worry about it and got up grabbing my bag and searching for my yoga pants and top. I needed to get ready and wake Kat up for our training session. Well, at least I had a good four hour sleep. I don’t feel tired at all right now but after training I probably will be beat.

I went downstairs to find Kat doing flips. Sam and Patrick must still be asleep. Pete finally made it down. He had on a white t-shirt with maroon pants on and he was wearing a grey beanie hat or at least I think that is what you call them.

“So let’s help Kat train.” Pete said as he made his concoction to help keep his cravings at bay.

“Eww, gross.” Kat said walking over to grab some water. “What is that, that you are about to drink?” She asked.

“Don’t ask.” I said glaring at Pete.

“It is a drink Patrick found that he showed me how to make that helps keep my cravings at bay.

“Oh.” She said.

When Pete was finished he helped me train Kat. We were up training for about two hrs when Sam and Patrick came downstairs. Patrick found my note and looked at me and Pete.

“You just couldn’t stay away from him, eh?” Patrick asked me from behind the kitchen counter.

“No. He is my husband.” I said knocking Pete to the ground who caught me off guard and knocked me into Kat.

“I think Patrick is just kidding.” Sam said helping me up.

“I told Pete this was a bad idea of him staying here. Now I will never have any quiet time to spend with Sam.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Hey, you are the weapons guru so get to work.” Pete said jokingly to Patrick. “This isn’t a slackers club now that we are back in the slaying business.” He said laughing.

“Go ahead, laugh it up.” Patrick said throwing a pillow off the couch at Pete.

When we were done training I went to take a shower. As I was showering Andy and Chrissy came over I found out once I had gotten out and changed. They were going to take Kat out to show her how to drive which was nice of them. They were going to make it a point to teach her how to drive and take her to get her license when she was ready.

Pete had apparently been talking to Patrick about his dream. If it worried him that much then why wouldn’t he tell me, his wife about it? I thought that we were past keeping secrets from each other. I did overhear him say something about a vampire named Volkmar. Who names their kid Volkmar anyhow? But I was going to look it up later and find out who this Volkmar dude really is. Could he be the vampire that is after Kat and me?

“Hello, earth to Amanda.” Sam said. I was so bent on eavesdropping on the fellas’ conversation that I had tuned her out.

“Oh, sorry.” I said. “I was just trying to know what they were discussing. Pete had a nightmare last night and he hasn’t bothered to tell me about it. I think it involved Beckett because he yelled out his name, waking me up. And I think he is telling Patrick.” I added sitting on the couch after I cleaned up our mess from the training session.

“I thought Beckett was killed by Natasha.” She said.

“That’s what I thought too.” I replied.

“Well, maybe it was a regular nightmare.” She said trying to make me feel better.

“Maybe.” I said looking over at Pete to see him give me a smile. I smiled back.

“So what are you going to wear to Jackie’s Halloween party next week for Halloween? You know she had Bev invite us all even though we don’t work for her anymore.” Sam said all giddy.

“You just want to meet more celebrities.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I do not. Ok, maybe a little.” She said.

“See?” I replied laughing at her. “I don’t think I am going to go.” I said. “What? Oh you are going and so is Pete. Do you hear me?” She said throwing a pillow at me.

“I hear you loud and clear.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Great tomorrow we will go costume hunting. We can even take Kat. This will be a fun afternoon of us girls going out shopping. It is a shame Erelin won’t be able to join us.” Sam said glancing at Patrick.

“Yeah, it won’t be the same without her hanging out with us like we used to.” I said knowing Erelin can’t come. She would love hanging out and grabbing a costume.

“Speaking of Erelin, I wonder how Brendon is handling her being a vampire now. I know she bit him and he told me a little about her last night before we all went to fight.” I said beginning to laugh.

“She’s probably turned him into her sex slave, poor guy.” She said jokingly and causing me to laugh.

“Ooh, I just thought of something.” I said.

“What?” Sam asked.

“I can’t go because I have a doctor’s appointment for the baby.” I said.

“Great! This means we can all go with you then out shopping afterwards. We all want to hear that it is official on the baby. Us girls can all pitch in and even take you out to lunch.” Sam said all excited.

“That’s nice and all but really not necessary.” I replied.

“Tough! You will be treated out and like it missy!” Sam said.

“Yes, mom.” I said laughing.

“Good then it is settled. Us girls are going to have some time away from our men, do a little shopping, grab some lunch and find out if you really are pregnant or not for sure by a doctor and not an over the counter test.” Sam replied.

“True but I can already tell you I am pregnant.” I said.

“Oh, and how do you know?” She asked.

“Because my mom came to me in a dream the yesterday and confirmed it.” I said shocking Sam.