How Dark Is the Night?

To Tell Or Not To Tell

“What? Does Pete know?” Sam asked.

“No.” I replied.

“Then he’s keeping his dream away from you and yours from him. It sounds like you two need to talk to each other and open up. Secrets can only ruin things, Amanda.” Sam said and she was right. Secrets can tear lives apart.

“What I can’t figure out is how mom came into my dream. I mean I am not the slayer anymore, right? So this whole thing puzzles me.” I said lowering my voice so that Pete didn’t hear. “And mom said I needed to be ready” I added.

“What do you have to be ready for?” Sam asked puzzled.

“I don’t know. She left me and I woke up telling her not to leave me. Pete heard me.

“So he hasn’t figured it out yet?” She asked.

“No. I lied and told him it was nothing.” I said feeling bad that I was now keeping things and lying about them from my husband.

“Amanda!” Sam said pretty loudly.

“Shh!” I said turning to see if the boys heard her.

“Sorry. I tell you what, you tell Pete your dream and maybe he will tell you his. In the meantime until you do I will see if I can get something out of Patrick. I have my ways of making him talk.” She said laughing.

“Ok then.” I said.

There was a knock at the door and Bev and Joe came over bringing lots of food. Kat, Chrissy, and Andy all came back and we sat down to eat minus Pete who went upstairs. I just shook my head and noticed Bev shooing me to go after him.

I got up from where I was sitting and headed upstairs. I was starting to feel lightheaded and dizzy again. I wasn’t going to let me stop that though from talking with Pete.

“Hey, can I come in?” I asked as I knocked on his door.

“I guess.” Pete replied.

“Something wrong?” I asked him. I noticed he was on his laptop probably talking to his fans.

“No. Shouldn’t you be eating?” Pete asked getting up from the bed.

“I should but not without you.” I said walking towards him but falling. The dizziness had gotten to me. Luckily Pete caught me and held onto me sitting me down on the bed.

“Amanda, you need to eat. You need your energy. You are eating for two you know.” He said scolding me.

“Yes, but why can’t you be with me?” I asked.

“Amanda you know I don’t eat food now anymore. Not as this.” He said showing his fangs.

“Pete, that doesn’t bother me.” I said leaning over and kissing his lips. I took my tongue and slid it over his fangs. “Besides I think you are the sexiest vampire around.” I said pulling away. I watched him slide his fangs back into his gums.

“It’s different again.” He said.

“It’s not different. We are the same. You are you and me, me. Granted you have fangs but these are your friends down there. You don’t have to eat. Don’t isolate yourself again.” I said getting up to leave. I was hungry and if he wanted to be stubborn then fine, I can’t make him do something he doesn’t want to do but I was going to eat. I did try though.

“You just worry about the baby. You have a long nine months ahead of you.” Pete said sitting back down on his bed and getting back to what he was doing before I came in.

“I’m leaving then to eat. By the way, you aren’t keeping something from me I should know about are you?” I said shutting the door behind me as I walked out.

Maybe that will get him to tell me about his dream. If he tells me his dream, then I will tell him mine. Until then, I was going to eat. I was starving and Bev and Joe had picked up a ton of pizzas, salads, and pasta from Mr. Gatti’s Pizza. I was going to stuff my face. I was eating for two you know.