How Dark Is the Night?

Something In The Air Tonight

(Kat’s POV)
I finished packing and saw that Pete was on the phone as I passed by his bedroom. I was getting a little hungry and walked downstairs to get a snack. I tried to protect Amanda and failed tonight. What kind of slayer am I?

I felt a vampire presence and turned around to see Micah at the glass doors. I walked over there and opened the doors a bit. Why was he here and where was he when I needed him most?

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I came to see that you were alright. I was worried. Word on the street is that Volkmar which I assume you already know about now from Pete, banged up a slayer pretty bad.” Micah said.

“And you assumed it was me. Thanks for the confidence.” I said angrily.

“No. I mean yeah, but oh nevermind. I am glad that you are safe but that means Amanda got hurt.” He said.

I may be a little mad at Micah for assuming the worst about me but he was so sexy. All I could think about right now was how much I wanted his lips to touch mine. Bad Kat. You need to focus here.

“Amanda was hurt by Volkmar and bitten by him. She put up a good fight from all the dents in her car I saw as I woke up back to consciousness. He must have threatened her good because she kept saying she will be dead in a week and was frightened. Micah I have never seen her so afraid like this before. It scared me because she has always been so strong.” I said.

“Kat, I know Pete is here. Has he tried to calm her down any?” Micah asked.

“Pete had to bite her. She passed out then woke back up freaking out. Volkmar was in her head making her crazy. So he bit her calming her down. She is sleeping peacefully for now.” I said in response to Micah’s question.

“Please be careful.” Micah said.

“Hey, there is this Halloween party next week at Jackie’s where Bev works and I was wondering if you would like to go? I mean you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I totally understand.” I asked knowing that if I didn’t I would kick myself.

“I would love to. Then I can tell everyone about me.” He said smiling. “And I would get to see your smiling face again.” He said leaning into me.

“Crap! Pete’s coming!” I said shooing Micah away just as he was about to kiss me too I think. I could feel him and I knew I’d be in trouble if he saw Micah.

“What are you doing down here, Kat? Shouldn’t you be packing and trying to get some sleep?” Pete asked watching me closely.

“Uh, I was but I needed air.” I replied pulling the sliding doors closed.

“You know the dangers of that. Volkmar could be out there or his men.” He said angry.

“I know. I am sorry it won’t happen again.” I said running upstairs.

Whew! I hope Pete didn’t see Micah but I don’t think he did. That was a close one. Man, Micah was about to kiss me too. Does this mean he likes me? I guess I will find out at Jackie’s party.