How Dark Is the Night?

Erelin And Brendon

(Pete’s POV)
I heard a car door from outside on the patio. I came back inside; shutting the sliding doors. I walked over and opened the door to see Brendon and Erelin had arrived.

“Hey, hope you didn’t mind us shopping at a Wal-Mart. But you do realize your house is full of windows which need to have thick dark curtains thrown on them if you need me here. I don’t know about you but I don’t intend to tan today.” Erelin said walking in with her hands full of bags.

“How is Amanda, now?” Brendon asked.

“She is sleeping. I don’t know for how long but I guess until her body heals a bit from all the stress and loss of blood. She really scared me tonight, guys. I thought maybe I lost her. She wasn’t making any sense and she kept telling me and Kat she was going to die in a week when I arrived outside and found her slumped against the wall.” I said.

“It’s ok. This Volkmar is going to pay for turning me and Amanda isn’t going to die.” Erelin said placing her hand on my shoulder. “Now help me put these curtains up before we roast in an hour.” She grabbing some curtains while Brendon took the rods off my windows and removed the see through curtains I had up there.

“Now was this so hard, Pete for you to do this. Amanda never would have been hurt if you would have stayed here.” Brendon said. He was always so protective of Amanda and I was a little jealous of their close friendship.

“I’m going back up to check on Amanda.” I said as we barely got all the curtains hung in time for the sun was coming up.

“Hey, where can we sleep? I’m tired.” Erelin said.

“Tired? What, did Brendon wear you out tonight? What happened to it being the other way around Erelin?” I said laughing and seeing Brendon with a huge grin on his face.

“Hey, you called and interrupted me and my husband here, ok. I came here on my own free will because I care about Amanda. Had I had a little more time, I would have worn him out.” She said searching for some blankets to sleep on the floor.

“Right.” Brendon said shaking his head. “She hates it that I still can get to her with no super strength or control at all.” Brendon said laughing.

“Why don’t you search in the closet over there?” I said pointing.

“Haha, very funny. That’s your modesty closet.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Seriously, I may have some extra pillows and blankets in there. I don’t remember exactly though.” I said laughing.

“Pete, what are we going to do about Amanda? I’m here to help anyway I can since I can’t fight as strong as I used to.” Brendon said.

“It’s ok. We are going to keep Amanda company and not let her out of our sights. I want a group or a vampire with her at all times when she goes out anywhere. I don’t care if its in the daytime even.” I said sighing.

“Don’t you think that’s harsh? I mean the daytime?” Brendon asked.

“Hey, you wanted to help.” I said.

“Found them!” Erelin said knocking everything out of the closet just to get a blanket and pillow.

Brendon and I just shook our heads at Erelin. “Make sure you clean that mess up.” I said messing with her as I started up the stairs.

“Bite me.” She said.

“I believe someone already has.” I said laughing as Brendon turned red remembering when he first bit her when he was a vampire. “And I don’t want to see any hanky panky going on down here in my house. I don’t want to be dead and blind too.” I said.

“Oh shush you!” Erelin said throwing her pillow but missing me.