How Dark Is the Night?

There's A World Outside Of My Front Door

Erelin and I did everything we could think of to get the boys distracted. She flashed Brendon totally messing him up on his first round while I distracted Pete by coming up behind him, breathing and then whispering in his ear things that I would like to do to him which totally made him lose focus. Erelin and I smiled at each other when it was our turn careful not to let the boys distract us. After about two hours we won.

“No fair! You two cheated.” Brendon whined.

“Yeah, what was up with that? Not that I didn’t mind it but yeah you cheated.” Pete said.

“Well, we have to have some sort of advantage. It’s not fair that you two are musicians and that’s not a fair advantage to us.” Erelin said standing up.

“Yeah, what she said.” I said laughing.

The boys just looked at us and shook their heads. I looked at my watch and saw that it was only three pm. We still had at least four more hours until we could go slaying. This sucks.

“So, what do you guys want to do now?” I asked seeing at how Pete and Erelin may get bored soon since they were cooped up in here due to the sunlight.

“Hey, how about a movie?” Brendon asked.

“How about all four of us watch it upstairs in our bedroom? I got surround sound. You guys just bring the pillows for you two.” Pete told Erelin and Brendon as I raced upstairs.

Everyone soon followed upstairs. I pulled open one of the dresser drawers to reveal some dvds. Erelin then said, “Ooh how about the movie Rent. Do you have that one?”

“Hell, no we aren’t watching that.” Brendon said.

“And just why not?” She asked pouting. “It’s my favorite.” She said.

“Hey, we have Closer. I haven’t seen that one before. Pete, I didn’t know you had this movie.” I said trying to ease the tension between Erelin and Brendon.

“Now, I love that one too!” Erelin said all happy as I put the movie in.

“Good it is settled.” Pete said climbing up on the bed with a small space for me. It was sort of cramped with four people but we managed. “And the answer is I have had it for awhile. It is actually Brendon’s.” Pete said laughing.

“You thief! I’ve been wondering where my copy has been for awhile now.” Brendon said.

“Shh!” Erelin and I both said.

“The movie is starting.” I said snuggling into Pete. I was kind of getting sleepy and as much as I wanted to stay awake, sleep slowly took over.

I fell into a deep sleep then started to dream. I dreamed that I was running from someone. Who, I couldn’t see. Things started to come into view and I was in an alley, a familiar one I used to kill vampires on.

I ended up tripping on something and fell in the middle of the street. I went to turn over to see a figure emerge in front of me. As I looked up I screamed because it was none other then William Beckett standing in front of me, the one I was running from. But as I screamed I must have screamed in my sleep because the next thing I knew was Pete shaking me awake.

“Amanda! Amanda, are you alright?” Pete asked with Erelin and Brendon hovering over Pete to check on me.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?” I said sitting up in the bed.

“You screamed in your sleep.” Erelin said.

“I was just dreaming of what happened last night.” I lied. Again I lied to Pete. I even lied to Erelin and Brendon even. But somehow I don’t think Pete would have believed me that I thought that Beckett was out to get me. He had a dream the other night and told me Beckett was good but then why was he haunting me and popping into my dreams? Something wasn’t right with this picture.

Pete kissed my forehead and smiled. “Your safe now and that is all that matters.” He said.

Yes, but for how long? Because come Halloween, I may not be so lucky. But I can’t tell anyone that, not even Pete.

Brendon looked at his watch then said, “Well since Amanda missed the entire movie, I guess it is now time to go slaying.” He said getting up off the bed.

“Good. Brendon you can help me pack Amanda’s things in the car.” Pete said heading downstairs with Brendon following.

Once we were alone, Erelin gave me a concerned look. “What?” I asked.

“You are past last night. What made you scream for real?” Erelin asked.

“If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me. No one did the other day.” I said getting up and heading downstairs.