How Dark Is the Night?

Vampire Slayers And Now Ghostbusters?

(Pete’s POV)
I caught up to Erelin and Brendon and told them I had let Amanda patrol on the other street parallel to ours. Erelin got a little mad at me because at first I was so adamant about Amanda not being alone with Volkmar on the loose. But I calmed her down when I told her how fast we could be there if she screamed and explained that I saw she wanted to be left a lone for a few minutes.

As I was about to say something to Brendon, I heard Amanda scream and I took off. It seemed like I was flying but we vampires can run really fast. When I had approached Amanda she was sitting in the middle of the street with her hands over her face.

“Amanda, are you alright?” I asked when Erelin quickly caught up to me and Brendon was still behind down the street as I looked around.

“Don’t hurt me.” Amanda said too scared to look at us.

“Amanda, it’s us. We won’t hurt you. It’s me, Pete.” I said taking her hand away from her face.

“Pete!” She said wrapping her arms around my neck as I was crouched in front of her. “I saw him. I think he is trying to kill me.” Amanda said crying.

“Who is after you, Volkmar?” I asked.

“No. William Beckett who you said wouldn’t hurt me.” She said shocking me and leaving me looking at Erelin and Brendon.

“That can’t be.” I said picking her up and holding her in my arms.

“Guys, it is starting to um, get creepy out here.” Erelin said looking around. “Let’s discuss this in her car.” She said.

“What did I miss? What happened?” Brendon said finally catching up.

“Come on slow poke. I will explain in Amanda’s car.” Erelin said.

“Hey, it isn’t my fault I don’t have my vampire strengths to keep up with you guys anymore.” Brendon shot back at Erelin as I carried Amanda back to our car and placed her in the passenger seat.

Everyone got in our car and locked the doors. Amanda looked pale, like she had seen a ghost. I just didn’t understand all this. She told me she saw him before but I didn’t believe her. He had me convinced he wouldn’t hurt her in my dream.

“Amanda, tell me everything again about Beckett.” I said pulling her hair behind her ears.

“I already told you and you didn’t believe me.” She said.

“Amanda, please. You are really afraid. Please tell me.” I said.

“Amanda, you need to tell him what you told me.” Erelin said. So that was what their girl talk was about.

“Yeah, all that is missing is some popcorn.” Brendon chimed in with Erelin smacking his arm.

“Hey, I’m trying to get her to laugh.

“Well you aren’t helping.” Erelin said.

“I saw Beckett at the mall. He bumped into me and I followed him to lose him in the costume store. I also saw his reflection behind me in a store window while we were waiting on Sam. In my dream tonight, Pete, he followed and chased me down a street where I fell. That was why I was screaming in my dream and that was why I screamed a few minutes ago. In my dream he tried to grab me which is what he tried to do before you got to me. I know what I saw. It was him. Why does he want me? I thought he was killed.” Amanda said breathing really fast.

“Amanda, you need to calm down. Just take deep, slow, breaths.” I said trying to calm her down.

“I think I am going to be sick.” She said opening her door and throwing up on the ground.

“Yuck!” I think I’m going to get sick.” Brendon said opening his window for air.

“Good thing I am a vampire right now because I would be sick.” Erelin said.

I found some Kleenexes in the glove box and handed them to Amanda. I just shook my head. This obviously has Amanda upset. I want to know why he is doing this. He better pop back in my dreams again. If he does we are going at it whether it kills me or not.
Amanda climbed back in the car. “Well at least the baby feels better now.” She said trying to laugh at herself.

“Pete, can Beckett be a ghost?” Erelin asked me.

“I don’t know.” I said. How can I protect Amanda from a ghost only she can see? Well that is if Beckett is a ghost.

“Pete, I’m tired.” Amanda said buckling her seatbelt back and slouching in her seat.

“Pete, you better get her home to Patrick’s. Call us if you need anything again ok?” Brendon asked getting out of the car.

“Sure, provided that you don’t, um, have sex on Patrick’s floor.” I said grinning and watching Erelin and Brendon turn red.

“Hey, call me if you need anything.” Erelin said to Amanda as she got out of our car. “I don’t care if it is three am even.” She said shutting the door. Amanda nodded.

We watched Erelin and Brendon get into their car and drive away. I sat in the car and looked at Amanda. I didn’t know what to do. Volkmar I could handle but a ghost with a vengeance problem? That is something I don’t know much about.

“Do you think I am crazy now?” Amanda asked.

“No. If anything you are crazy about life.” I said smiling at her. She grabbed my hand and smiled.

“Just take me home, Pete.” She said.