How Dark Is the Night?

Halloween

(5 Days Later Halloween)
“Good morning sleepyhead. How did you sleep?” Pete asked as I slowly took my time waking up.

“I guess I slept alright. How about you? Has Beckett come into your dreams again?” I asked.

“No. Maybe he is gone now. I mean you haven’t seen him since that one night, right?” Pete asked making sure that I would tell him if I did.

“No. I have been Beckett free.” I said sitting up in bed and staring at my wonderful husband.

“Good.” He said leaning over to kiss me.

“You do know what today is, right?” I asked.

“Let’s see it is only one of my favorite holidays.” Pete said.

“So what is your costume?” I asked.

“Me.” Pete said.

“What? You can’t go as Pete Wentz.” I replied.

“No, silly.” He said laughing and flashing his fangs at me.

“Maybe I want to sink my teeth into an unsuspecting victim.” He said giving me an evil laugh.

“Psh that is all you could come up with?” I said laughing and throwing a pillow at him.

“Maybe I want to sink them into you.” He said grinning but then the look in his face changed into a serious tone.

“Pete.” I said as he leaned over me now.

“Pete!” I said snapping him back out of his trance.

“I’m sorry. I did it again didn’t I?” He asked.

“Yeah, but don’t worry about it. We are fine.” I said reaching up to pull him back down on me and kiss him.

“So you have a problem with me showing my fangs all night.” He said laughing.

“Yes. You need a costume. Elvira needs something to match.” I said getting up out of bed.

“Hey, Elvira is called mistress of the dark, right?” Pete asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

“Well, I’m your man. Vampires fit her well.” He said throwing together a black hoodie of his, a funky looking t-shirt, and his black jeans.

“I picked up his pants to see they were girl jeans. There is no way you can be a size smaller than me in girl jeans.” I said getting jealous as I read the size tag.

“What is that not allowed?” He asked.

“I’m jealous.” I said.

“Here, how about this?” He said pulling out a pair of mine and trying them on. “See, feel better?” He asked checking them out in the mirror.

“A little.” I said joking with him.

“Only one problem with these, though.” He said.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“There are sparkles and a design on the back pockets on my butt and I don’t do sparkles.” Pete said taking my jeans off. Pete had me rolling with laughter.

I got up and proceeded to put on a hoodie and jeans until it was time for the party tonight. “Hey, did I say you could steal one of my hoodies?” Pete asked giving me a sexy look.

“Technically I am not stealing. I am just borrowing it and it looks good on me.” I said walking closer to Pete.

“Oh, is that so?” He said pulling me down to the bed and tickling me until I couldn’t breathe.

“Ok, you win!” I said trying to catch my breath.

I was enjoying this moment. I didn’t want it to end. But I had a feeling inside and I knew what tonight was. Tonight was the night I go up against Volkmar alone so that he can’t hurt anymore of my friends and that this vampire nightmare is over with. If I go down, I’m going down swinging and I want Pete to know exactly how much I love him.