How Dark Is the Night?

Halloween Night Part Two

Pete drove half of us in my car and Patrick drove the other half of the group. As we arrived at the shop the place was nuts. Jackie had valet people parking our cars and security to keep paparazzi away from them. There was a red carpet for pictures to be taken of all the guests and fans were lined up against a barricade to see all the celebs coming out for Jackie’s Halloween party.

“Look, Pete. They are going to take our picture. There are too many of them not to.” I said watching the paparazzi hound the celebs trying to enter the store.

“Erelin, I am going to need your help on this one. I can’t block it out of everyone’s minds not to take pictures of us. You think you are up for it?” Pete asked as we stepped on the carpet.

“I think I can but we all must stay in a group.” She said starting to put ideas in the media’s heads.

I heard people screaming for Pete and I heard them screaming cause he was a vampire. I just smiled and shook my head. I wasn’t a jealous wife. These were his fans. And if he wanted to say hi and sign autographs I didn’t mind as we walked along the barricade where the fans were.

One little girl who looked to be about ten recognized me as being Pete’s wife. She was so cute and asked me is she could talk to me. I told her I didn’t mind. I laughed and got down on my knees to be the same height as her.

“Hi. What’s your name?” I asked.

“Alexandra.” She said.

“Really? I like Alexandra. I was thinking of naming my daughter that when I have one.” I replied.

“Awesome.” She said. “I want to tell you that I like your costume and that I thought you was pretty in all the magazines I have seen you in with Pete.” Alexandra said smiling.

“Well thank you.” I said.

“Can I have a hug?” She asked.

“Sure.” I replied.

“Can Pete give me one too? He’s my favorite out of the group.” She asked.

“Yeah.” I said hugging Alexandra.

“Oh, thank you for saving my mom’s life.” She said as I grabbed Pete and had told him that Alexandra wanted a hug. I turned to ask how I did that but the girl was gone. Pete just looked at me like I was crazy or something.

As we all made it in finally as a group inside we all sighed a huge sigh of relief. We didn’t want any empty or blank pictures showing up where Erelin or Pete was standing. Jackie came over and welcomed us all and then hollered for Bev to greet us on a walkie talkie.
We saw Joe and Bev come down from the second floor of the store and come over to greet us. Jackie told her not to work that she was supposed to be there for fun which made me laugh. If I was still working there I would have to be working.

“So are you ready to dance?” Pete said grabbing my hand.

“You are asking me to dance? Are you sick? You rarely dance with me.” I said smiling.

“Ok, I will just hang out over where the drinks are being served if you want.” Pete replied.

“You aren’t going anywhere.” I said pulling him onto the dance floor by grabbing his hoodie.

“I like it when you play rough.” Pete said with a grin. I couldn’t help but notice how he was staring at me intently. Then it hit me.

“Peter Wentz! Is that all you are going to do all night is stare at my chest?” I said playfully smacking his arm.

“What? It’s just that your costume is um…” He said trailing off.

“It’s what?” I asked.

“It’s making me want to take you off somewhere and devour you all night long.” He said turning red a bit.

Now I liked that thought. All I can do now is keep it close so that if I survive after tonight all will be well and Pete and I can have our honeymoon. No vampires to interfere with our plans.

We danced for awhile then walked around talking to other celebrities. Pete introduced me to some more of his friends in other bands he knew and Ryan showed up from Panic to hang out with Brendon. Brendon hadn’t really told Ryan what had happened to Erelin or that there was vampires running around still.

“Hey, we need to talk. Sorry, Pete.” Erelin said running over to me and pulling me aside away from the guys.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“Ryan doesn’t know that there are vampires still running around or that Pete and I are ones.” She said.

“So, tell him.” I said.

“How?” She asked.

“Look, do you want him to find out by getting bitten?” I replied.

“No.” She answered.

“Then drag your hubby away by pulling him aside and say hey we need to tell Ryan something.” I said rolling my eyes at her situation.

“You know that might work. Glad you thought of that.” She said heading back over to Brendon and interrupting his conversation with Ryan. I just shook my head and smiled.

“Glad I could help.” I said low where no one could hear me unless of course it was my husband.

“What are you glad about?” Pete asked slipping his arms around me from behind.

“I am glad I could help Erelin in her situation with Ryan.” I said turning to my left to see Pete resting his chin on my shoulder.

“What’s the problem?” Pete asked.

“Brendon hasn’t told Ryan about you or Erelin being vampires or that there are vampires around in general and Erelin is afraid of how Ryan will react.” I said.

“Eh, he took it well when Brendon warned him the first time when he was one. He should be fine now.” Pete said laughing at Brendon.

Pete stood in front of me and leaned in to kiss me. All of a sudden I reached for the small dagger from the garter on my leg. Pete gave me a look before realizing what I was getting it out for.

“Vampire.” I said looking around before Pete turned me to face him.

“What did you say?” He asked grabbing me by the shoulders.

“I don’t know. Did I say vampire?” I asked confused. The feeling was gone now.

Pete scanned around the room with his eyes and Erelin dragging Brendon came running over to us. “There is a vampire that walked in the door! Now how did they get invited?” Erelin asked.

“We know. We felt it too.” Pete said looking at me.

“What?” I asked confused still at what I had done and at the same time with Erelin and Brendon.

“Amanda grabbed her dagger and said vampire.” Pete said eyeing the room again.

“Amanda is there something you aren’t telling us?” Brendon asked.

“No. It was really weird because I had the feeling one minute and now it is gone.” I said shrugging my shoulders. “The vampire could be anywhere in this room.” I said looking around.

“Look for anyone suspicious or if you, Erelin are around them your feeling will get stronger that there is a fellow vampire near you.” Pete said.

“Um, Pete?” Erelin replied.

“What?” He asked.

“I already knew that considering that I am standing right next to you aren’t I?” She said rolling her eyes.

“Oh, right.” Pete replied. Brendon and I started to crack up until Pete gave us a look.

“Has anyone seen Kat?” Brendon asked.

“Oh, I forgot she could pinpoint them.” I said looking out for her.

“She’s not on the first floor.” Erelin said.

We all headed to the escalator for upstairs. When we made it to the second floor, we split in pairs. Pete and I walked around to where the linens and bedding items were to find Kat standing with a tall, dark, handsome guy in front of her.

“That’s the vampire.” I said to Pete who gave me another confused look as we approached them.

“Kat watch out!” I said as Pete took the guy and flung him into a bed display revealing who the vampire was.

“Micah?” I asked confused as Erelin and Brendon caught up to us.