How Dark Is the Night?

You, Me, And The Baby Makes Three

(Pete’s POV)
Sam came back into the room and said, “Amanda will see you now, Pete.”

“Are you sure?” I asked afraid that she would still not want to see me due to her getting used to the vampire feeling again.

“Hey, what do you mean she will see Pete again? We are all here waiting and he gets to see her all the time.” Erelin said upset.

“Well, uh…” I said not wanting to let on that she is the slayer just yet until I can confirm it.

“Look, Erelin and everyone else.” Sam said winking at me which gave me the impression that from what she saw when the doctors came in and I was kicked out by Amanda, she realized Amanda was the slayer again.

“Pete is her husband but the doctors rushed in and he didn’t get to find out anything because he wanted to tell you that Amanda woke up.” She finished. “So give him a break.

We will all get our chance provided that she isn’t wore out. Amanda went through an ordeal peoples.” Sam said sitting down.

I headed out of the room and towards Amanda’s. I was nervous, anxious and scared to go in the room. I didn’t want her to not be able to handle it and kick me out again. But then again I had to go in there anyway.

I approached the door and knocked. I wanted to give her time to prepare for me coming into the room. I slowly opened it. She didn’t look too happy.

“Amanda?” I asked as I slowly stepped into the room and walked over to the end of her bed.

“Pete. Pete, I’m sorry for yelling at you. I didn’t mean it. It’s just that I’m the slayer again. Surprise.” She said looking at me. Her color was back in her face which was a positive sign.

“Amanda, I know. I figured it out.” I said afraid to get to close yet. I wanted to hold her but I had to wait until she told me she was ok.

“I feel like I did in high school all over again. I had the excruciating pain at first when I woke up followed by the you are a vampire reaction. It takes some getting used to again. I’m not mad at you in any way.” She said pointing for me to sit in the chair by her bed.

“I thought I was going to lose you earlier. You gave me a scare.” I said sitting down.
Amanda winced in pain as she tried to move due from her left side where she was stabbed. I went to help her but she pulled away from me. Then she smiled and touched my hand.

“The doctors want me here for a week to monitor my blood count and breathing and all that jazz. I told them give me two days.” She said laughing.

“Amanda, you may need to rest for a week.” I said worried.

“Well, I may not be up to fighting just yet but two days here is enough for me.” She replied. “I am sorry for hurting you. Pete, I love you with all my heart. I did what I did because I didn’t want anyone else to die or be hurt by Volkmar. But I did it because it was in me. I already knew I was to meet up with him, I just didn’t realize it until after he had bit me that night. I knew why I felt so afraid of those woods. It was the slayer in me trying to get out. I didn’t want to believe I was the slayer. There were so many signs. I just didn’t want to believe it.” She said.

“Amanda, you don’t have to explain anything to me now. I am just glad you are back.” I said.

“No. I need to tell you everything. I need to tell you how I am still the slayer. Pete, we all thought it was over. We all thought I wasn’t the slayer because even though certain traits came out, others didn’t. I want to tell you not to worry about the baby though. It is protected by me. If I get hurt the baby won’t be.” Amanda said looking at me.

“How do you know?” I asked a little worried.

“I know. My mom was pregant with me and fought the good fight. It’s part of the slayer instinct. The only way something would happen to the baby is if I die. And I promise that won’t happen.” She said touching my cheek. “I am stronger now and I know more thanks to William.” She added.

“William? As in William Beckett the ghost?” I asked shocked.

“Yes. He didn’t want to hurt me Pete. He wanted to help me and warn me. I just refused to see it that way. I thought he was out to hurt me. Let me start from the beginning.” She said.