How Dark Is the Night?

Nothing Like A Little Revenge To Brighten Your Day

I quickly changed my clothes into something more comfortable. I grabbed some yoga pants I used to train in and a tshirt. I then ran over and grabbed one of Pete’s hoodies that smelled like him. For a minute all I could do was hold it close and breathe in what was scent was left.

After I changed, I found a duffle bag Pete forgot to pack and take with him. I grabbed it. I then snuck downstairs. Everyone was in their rooms asleep even Kat.

I went over to where I am not supposed to train yet and took some stakes out of the compartment along with my crossbow and packed them in my bag. I then grabbed a stake and went through some training. I was doing fine and well until I started to strain myself on my flips. I fell and landed wrong on the mats.

I got up and grabbed my side. I wasn’t going to let pain get to me. I had a job to do and I had to do it. I trained for a good hour. I had a few hours until daylight. Anger was my motivation along with revenge.

When I was done training I snuck out of the house and got into my car. I drove to a gas station and picked up a gas tank that I could fill up that people usually use to fill up their lawn mowers with but I was going to use it for a different reason. Volkmar wants to mess with me then I am going to mess with him and start taking away things he loves.

I bought a lighter and paid for the gas I put in the small tank. Then, I headed to the one spot where everything seems to always go down; Lookout Pointe. I got out and headed into the dreaded woods. The ones I faced death in.

(Patrick’s POV)
“Brendon, can you get over here right now? Bring Erelin. Make sure you wrap her up good.” I said frantically on the phone.

“Why? What’s going on?” Brendon said on the other line.

“Amanda and Pete are missing and turn on your television to the news.” I said worried.

“Woah! That was the mansion?” Brendon said on the other line. “Erelin, wake up! We have a problem.” He said afterwards.

“You don’t think they were in there do you?” I said.

“Patrick, I think they are fine. Maybe they weren’t in there.” Brendon said.

“Then where could they have gone? Their bags are packed and Amanda had to have been training when she wasn’t supposed to. Most of my stakes are gone and on top of that she is hurt remember?” I said upset.

“Don’t worry. You called the others right?” Brendon said.

“Yes.” I replied with Sam making me some coffee. It was going to be a long day.

“Then we will all be there and we will search the ones who can, and the ones who can’t will think of a plan for tonight.” Brendon said hanging up.

“I hope we will find Pete and Amanda alive.” I said.