How Dark Is the Night?

Give Me An A for Attitude

As I walked through the woods I felt that there were vampires around me so I turned around using the flashlight I brought and went back to the makeout spots. Sure enough there were a few teenagers parked up here down a little ways from where I parked. And they were being attacked.

I arrived on the scene to see that one of the teenagers had been bitten but she was going to be alright if she got help. I jumped in like an instinct and fought off the four vampires who had attacked the group of teens. They just stood there at me in shock.

“Boys it isn’t safe to bring girls up here. It is best if you run on home and take her to a hospital immediately.” I said pointing to the hurt and unconcious girl. It reminded me of when we all had saved Erelin that night many months ago when she was with her now, ex guy friends.

I shook my head and watched them get into their cars and drive off. I picked up my gas can and bag off the ground and headed back into the woods. That was a warm up session. Now, I am on to kill as many vampires I can.

I cut through the woods remembering what had happened to me a few nights ago and I shuddered. Then I remembered walking in the woods the night Pete was turned into a vampire. I had passed by the mansion to find it dark and empty but I knew better. Volkmar owned this mansion after Dracula died and so he would now be using it too. He may not be in there but he is housing his vampire soldiers.

Volkmar has taken my love away from me, turned my friends into vampires, and wants Kat. It is time he learns that this slayer isn’t dead yet. I don’t give up that easily and if he thinks what he is doing is getting revenge on me for killing his brother then he has nothing compared to what I am about to do for messing up my life.

I arrived at the mansion and carefully snuck in. I had found an open window and climbed into a dark room. What can I say, I have a knack for sneaking in places.

I had my bag on one shoulder, gas can in my right hand and a stake in the left. I was feeling some slight pain but that was to be expected. I wasn’t supposed to be up and about as I am but oh well. No one is here to stop me now.

I ran into a few vampires and dusted them as I made it into the ballroom. In other rooms, I had heard evil laughter and loud talking from other vampires. I looked around the ballroom to see that the banister and railing was fixed upstairs and I remembered going over the railing with Dracula and killing him. Then I let my slayer sense kick in and found that Volkmar was not in the mansion but this would do.

I carefully and quietly took my crossbow out and sat it on the floor behind me. Then, I opened up the gas can and started to pour it on the floor. I wandered the ballroom and found a room that had a heater and some pipes which I hoped had gas in them. Then, I ran back into the ballroom and stepped over my trail to where I could jump out of the ballroom windows to make my espcape.

I whipped out my lighter and placed my crossbow in one hand and threw my bag back on my shoulder. Then, I was caught. Six vampires had decided to cut through the ballroom. I flicked open my lighter.

“Back off boys.” I said acting like I was going to throw the lighter.

“Who are you girly?” One vampire said as three vampires took off.

“You mean you don’t know?” I said rolling my eyes.

“Easy there with that thing.” One vampire said.

“I want you to give your boss a message. Tell him that the slayer is back and bitchier then ever. He took something from me so I am taking something from him.” I said flicking the lighter switch to watch one vampire take off leaving the two to try and come after me. There were still many vampires in this mansion and that was a good thing. I would blow each and everyone of their asses up. I just hoped the ones who got away would tell Volkmar that I am back.

“You wouldn’t dare. I don’t think you have the guts. Besides you would kill yourself.” One vampire snickered stepping closer.

I looked behind me judging my distance to jump out of the window then looked at them smiling. I had the lighter lit and then I dropped it quickly jumping through the window and running as fast as I could before I was hit from the blast.

I wasn’t hurt but the force of the explosion threw me onto the ground a good distance. I had a few bruises but nothing major from the blast. I got up, dusted myself off and turned around to see what was left of the mansion on fire. I then ran into the woods and watched from a distance the place go up in flames.

It must have been a big thing because I saw the fire department as well as the police department eventually arrive at the mansion to stop the fire and contain the scene. Helicopters went over which I assumed were the news media. I just laughed and enjoyed the feeling I was having.

I stayed hidden in the woods until the fire was finally put out. I watched the police shake their heads at what could have happened. I know what they would write. The fire department would say that the mansion was old and had a gas leak.

When all of this was done, I realized that it was almost nine am and daylight. I was too caught up in all the excitement to realize that it was morning. I made my way out of the woods and got into my car. I had this new attitude and I seemed to like it.

When I made it back home to Patrick’s, I found everyone was over. I guess they discovered I wasn’t there. As soon as I walked into the living room everyone stared.

“Amanda, there you are. Where have you been and where’s Pete?” Patrick said eyeing at how dirty and bruised I was. I just laughed and dropped off the weapons bag.

“Amanda, you look like a mess. Where were you? We were all worried.” Brendon said walking over to me.

“Amanda?” Bev said.

I took off Pete’s hoodie and threw it on the couch. Kat walked over and looked at me shaking her head. I just smiled.

“I’m just playing the game.” I finally replied.

“Amanda where is Pete?” Erelin asked.

“You know that is a funny thing.” I said laughing. “You see, Pete is gone. He left. He said he couldn’t handle having his dreams of killing me so he took off. I told him not to come back after I kill Volkmar. I don’t need him anyways.” I said plopping down on a chair.

“You don’t mean that.” Bev said with everyone confused.

“Great. So now after you take my job you take Pete away from me. Pete cared about me. He was like an older brother to me. That was something I never had.” Kat said storming off to her room with Micah behind.

“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes.

“What has gotten into you?” Erelin asked.

“The mansion. You did that, didn’t you?” Brendon said figuring things out slowly.

“Very good Sherlock Holmes.” I replied. “I blew it up.” I said proudly. “Volkmar will know what it is like to mess with me now. He took away my husband, turned you, Erelin, and Micah into vampires and is trying to go after Kat now. So he can now feel my wrath.” I said. “I even watched them put the fire out.” I said.

“Ok, I get that you are pissed but damn, you don’t need to take it out on us. We have been worried sick about you.” Chrissy said.

“Yeah, you aren’t supposed to be up and fighting yet.” Andy said.

“Well, guess what? I healed.” I said sarcastically.

“Amanda just stop this right now. I don’t like your attitude.” Erelin said.

“Well, welcome to the new and improved slayer. I am back with a vengence and I am bitchier than I ever was.” I replied. “If you don’t like it tough.” I said.

“Amanda, can I have a word with you?” Brendon said picking me up and placing me over his shoulder.

“Brendon, put me down!” I said trying to fight him as he carried me upstairs. Everyone was laughing at me of course.

“I’m not putting you down until I throw you in your room and we have a little chat about your attitide.” He said. If there was ever a person besides Pete who could get through to me it was Brendon. I was in trouble now.