How Dark Is the Night?

Prom Night All Over Again?

After I fell asleep I must have quickly went into dream mode because I was back at my prom. I was wearing the same dress and everything. People were dancing and I wondered why I was here. I hadn’t dreamed about prom for a long time now; not since I dreamed about seeing Nick and finding out he was alive as a vampire at that time. Wait, that’s it.

I began looking around the room. I thought I caught a glimpse of him and walked across the dancefloor to get to the other side of the room. I liked this dream because there were no vampires other then Nick lurking around here. Or at least I hope it was him that I saw.

I felt a tap on the shoulder and as I turned around, Nick was standing in front of me now. “May I have this dance?” Nick asked wearing a tuxedo and lookins sharp.

“You may.” I said taking his hand he had extended out.

We began slow dancing to the music. There were other people around us dancing until I looked again and we were the only ones on the dancefloor. I smiled.

“How did you know I needed to see you?” I asked.

“Your heart told me. It is about time you are the slayer again. I couldn’t get into your dreams to warn you about things. I was blocked off until you realized who you were.” Nick said.

“It’s alright. I got it now. I know who I am. Why didn’t you tell Kat that I would be the slayer if I thought I was the slayer and tell her it would be alright? Kat hates me now for whatever reason. Now that I am back as a slayer she feels that I am invading her territory which was never hers to begin with.” I said as we danced.

“I couldn’t tell Kat. I wasn’t allowed. You had to figure it out on your own, preferably by not getting yourself almost killed by Volkmar but there was help to guide you.” He said.

“Hey, can I help it that when I first saw Beckett, who I might add killed you was after me? I thought he was somehow back to kill me. Stranger things have happened you know.” I replied.

“I know. I will try to talk to Kat tonight if she lets me in her dreams. I have been having trouble getting in lately. Her thoughts and mind are clouded by what I don’t know.
Something else other than you is bothering her. I think there is something she isn’t telling me that I don’t know about.” Nick said twirling me.

“Maybe she is clouded by Micah. They are like inseperable now.” I laughed.

“Micah? Who is this guy dating my baby cousin?” Nick replied.

“Wow! You really don’t know? You weren’t kidding when you said you don’t know about some things. I am just surprised she hasn’t told you about him.” I said.

“Amanda, who is he?” Nick asked concerned.

“Micah is a vampire but relax before you go there, he is good. He is a friend of mine and Pete’s. He was actually in a band like Pete is. But I will let Kat tell you more about him. Trust me though, he won’t hurt her. He truly is a good guy.” I said.

“I see. I think I will have a talk with my baby cousin though, still. Before I go though, I wanted to tell you to keep your anger but channel it elsewhere. I know what you are feeling towards Volkmar. Amanda, you should know of all people what revenge does to people. It is never good and doesn’t have good outcomes. Someone always gets hurt in the crossfire.” Nick said warning me.

“I know but he has taken away so much.” I said.

“Don’t let him divide you against your friends. Remember to be strong. You are going to have to save two people you hold dear.” Nick said warning me.

“I love this how you can warn me but not tell me who it is.” I said.

“You will know when the time comes.” He said as he stopped dancing.

Nick had us in the middle of the dancefloor. People were coming to the floor to dance around us now. Nick leaned over by my left ear.

“Take care of the baby. I know she is going to be beautiful and take up just like her parents.” He whispered. So I was having a girl. I smiled.

“By the way there will be someone coming through those doors to talk to you. All you have to do is walk over there when you see them. Remember I love you and will always be in your heart.” Nick said in my ear before kissing my cheek and walking away as I had to let go of him.

I stood there on the dancefloor with my back facing the dj booth. I had to strain through the crowd of people to see who would be coming through the doors of the ballroom. All of a sudden the doors opened and my heart nearly skipped a beat. Pete had walked in through the door and he was wearing the mock tux he had on in the Dance Dance video with his bangs to the side. But how was he here in my dream?