How Dark Is the Night?

The Worst Is Over, You Can Have The Best Of Me

(Brendon’s POV)
I made it up the stairs as fast as I could and then I threw away the empty blood packet in the bathroom. I then walked quickly over to the room where Erelin was resting in. I knocked gently on the door but I heard no response so I opened the door.

Erelin was asleep with her back to me as I entered the room. As much as I hated it, my fangs wanted to come out. I tried to keep them in. It was just because we were both vampires and I had just been turned. Erelin and Pete did it to each other until they were used to each other as good vampires. I knew from my previous experience as being a vampire.

I know all too well how my body reacts to the change from going through it all before. I just wish that Volkmar did not make Erelin into a vampire. I should have been the one he kidnapped with Pete, not Erelin. I was used to all the abilities and things we vampires could do.

I looked at Erelin sleeping so peacefully. I wondered what she was dreaming. She at least had a smile on her face when I walked over in front of her. I sighed and hoped everything would be fine between us as I walked back over and crawled into the bed beside her.

“Erelin.” I whispered in her ear. “Erelin, wake up. It’s me, Brendon.” I said pulling her hair back behind her ear and gently kissing her neck.

“Hmm, Brendon.” She said half asleep but waking up.

“Come on, honey, wake up!” I said playfully tickling her.

Erelin rolled over trying to wake up. When she opened her eyes, she was not very happy to see me. She busted out her fangs and began to hiss at me. It reminded me of the movie “The Bride of Frankenstein.”

“Erelin it’s me!” I yelled, whipping out my fangs and backing up off the bed. This is what happens sometimes when two vampires are in each other’s territory. That is how we can sense other vampires around.

“Brendon?” She asked stepping off the bed and retracting her fangs.

“Yeah, it’s me. Who else would be whispering in your ear and nibbling it?” I asked.

Then she ran over to me with tears in her eyes. I just held her. I kept trying to reassure her that this was not a dream.

“I’m so sorry I had to turn you.” Erelin said.

“Hey, it is perfectly ok. I am here now and I am good. I am back and I promise I am not going anywhere.” I replied. “You had to turn me, remember? It was the only way to save my life.” I added.

“How did Amanda know that this would work? Wait, I said some pretty, horrible things to her.” Erelin said looking at me as I sat her back down on the bed.

“She forgives you. Beckett had warned Amanda in the hospital when she was fighting for her life. She could not figure it out exactly until last night. Amanda had a feeling as she saw me laying there in your arms. She said she turned around and saw Beckett and knew how to save my life.” I explained.

“I need to thank her and apologize still.” Erelin replied. “I’m sorry that I snapped at you. I was not expecting to be awoken from my sleep. You took me off guard and all I could sense at first was that there was a vampire hovering near me that was invading my space.” She said.

“As I said before, it is all ok. I am here now and you are in my arms.” I said as we lay down together on the bed. “Erelin, I told Amanda to go get Pete. I told her to bring him back. We have to be extra careful in the next few days. Volkmar has Kat and Micah.” I explained after I kissed my wife.

“Why would you send our only slayer out when the other is in Volkmar’s hands? Everyone is in danger now. Amanda needs to stay here.” Erelin said a little angry.

“No, we patrol and protect our friends who are still human but there is nothing we can do right now for Kat. Amanda needs to bring Pete back. We need him. I think we can defeat Volkmar if all of us originals who helped Amanda defeat Dracula are there. In addition, she has been hurting too, from what happened. She needs to feel safe and comforted after everything that has happened from last night. I think Pete is the only one who can tell her that everything will be all right.” I said.

“I think I understand now. With me and you, we should be the unstoppable crew.” Erelin said laughing.

I sat up some and leaned over Erelin who examined my half-naked body. Erelin touched my side where my stab wound use to be. Then she started to run her fingers, up and down my back giving me chills. As I climbed on top of her and gazed into her pretty, brown eyes, she began to speak but all I wanted to do was to kiss her passionately.

“Brendon, you do realize that we are both two very strong vampires now with a lot of energy and strength. Do you think…?” She said before I kissed her lips to shut her up.

“Shh. Let’s just find out what two vampires in love can do.” I said as I nibbled her neck.

Erelin went to unbutton my pants as I kissed her neck but we became interrupted of course. I had forgotten to shut the door like an idiot, and Chrissy and Amanda walked by. Apparently, Chrissy was taking Amanda to the airport.

“Like, eww! Get a room!” Chrissy said with Amanda giving us thumbs up signs.

“Excuse me do you mind? A little privacy is all I ask for.” Erelin said to them.

“Yeah, we are in a room.” I replied getting up to shut the door forgetting that everyone could see my boxers as I pants were unzipped.

Chrissy and Amanda giggled as I shut them out. “Now, where were we?” I asked climbing back on the bed.

“Oh my gosh! I know you did not just leave the door open for the whole world to see us making out!” She said smacking me with a pillow.

“You will get over it.” I said grabbing her and taking her shirt off.

I took my pants off as she undid hers. Then, I climbed back on top of her ready to knock her socks off. I kissed her long and hard all the way down her body making her ache, and want more.

Tonight, was our night, well, day and no one was going to interrupt our reunion again. I was ready and willing to make Erelin’s wildest dreams come true. We will not be separated or lose each other again.