How Dark Is the Night?

This Love Has Taken Its Toll On Me

(Andy’s POV)
“Thanks man for all your input on these new songs I am producing for Cobra Starship.” Patrick said as I sat on the couch.

“No problem, man. I just cannot believe you are working among all this chaos going on.” I said.

“You know we have been so busy working on this that I haven’t noticed my lovely fiancé come back with Chrissy from taking Amanda to the airport. How long have they been gone?” Patrick asked sitting on the couch beside me with his laptop where he does most of his work, sitting on the coffee table.

“I think, wow, almost four hours now!” I said glancing at my watch.

“Should we be worried? I mean it is daylight and all and still afternoon but even with traffic, it does not take that long to drop Amanda off at the airport. She should be almost to if not already in Chicago by now.” Patrick said.

“Have you tried her cell? I mean I could go bug Erelin or Brendon upstairs to see if she said where else they would be going.” I replied wondering why my fiancé has not come home yet as well.

“No, don’t disturb them. I will call Sam’s cell.” Patrick replied getting up.
Patrick did not have to make that call because as soon as he got up from the couch, in came Chrissy and Sam carrying bags of stuff. Chrissy had one really, long bag in her hands. I looked at them wondering how much clothes they really needed as I saw that they had went out shopping. Patrick looked at me at the same time I looked at him.

“What’s this?” I asked as Chrissy sat her bag down on a chair and plopped down beside me.

“Here you go honey.” She said kissing me. I knew that she had done something she knew that I would not approve of because of how she was acting. I looked at the receipt she had handed me to find that she had racked up three thousand dollars on my credit card.

“Chrissy! What did you buy at Bev’s store that cost me this much money?” I asked upset.

“This!” She said going over to the bag as Sam sat down on Patrick’s lap waiting to see my expression.

Chrissy unzipped the no see through bag to reveal a beautiful white wedding dress. My jaw dropped. Was it not bad luck or something for the groom to see the bride’s dress? Wait, snap out of it! Why did she buy a wedding dress? We have not even set a date.

“Isn’t it gorgeous? Bev got me a discount so you would not have to pay four thousand dollars and it is a gown that Jackie designed herself. It is an original.” She replied proudly.

“Chrissy, um, sweetheart, may I have a word with you in private?” I asked with Patrick and Sam laughing at me. It was a good thing that Joe was not here right now. If he were, he would be kidding me so bad right now.

“What were you thinking buying an expensive dress like that?” I asked as we walked over to the training side of the room.

“You don’t like it?” She asked starting to pout.

“Chrissy, that isn’t the point. The point is you should have talked to me first about this.” I said upset.

“That is the problem. I have tried talking to you about setting a date and such but you will not listen to me. You always shrug it off and say we will worry about it later. Well, after seeing Brendon almost die I have had it. Later is now and I want to get married. I love you too much and I do not see the problem in us getting married now. I mean come on; do you really want to be the last to get married?” Chrissy said explaining her side.

“Chrissy, I do love you and would do anything for you.” I said holding her hand.
“Then do this for me. Prove to me that you can handle a commitment. I do not want to die and not have married my husband and having tons of babies.” Chrissy said.

“Did I just here you say tons of babies?” I asked.

“Well, maybe not tons but three, four, ahh who’s counting.” She said shrugging her shoulders.

I sighed. I knew I was losing this fight. I loved Chrissy and I wanted to marry her just not in all this chaos. Besides, I thought that she wanted her family and my family there.

“When do you want to get married?” I said touching her chin.

“Seriously?” She said all hyper.

“Seriously.” I said.

“Now, but we should probably wait until Pete and Amanda come back. Andy, I know there is chaos going on and Volkmar has Kat but I decided this before things got so crazy. It is what I want and I hope you do too. I do not care if we go to Vegas or to a Justice of the Peace. I want a simple wedding in that gown and you in a tux in front of our friends. Then, if we survive Volkmar, a real wedding in front of our families.” She said.

“Then I say that we should leave right now and go tux shopping for me and ring shopping for you. We need the best wedding rings, you know. We have to one up everyone else.” I said with her playfully smacking my arm.

“Oh, I am so excited! Let me go tell Erelin!” She said turning around.

“Wait, I would not do…” I said but it was too late.
Chrissy had already headed up the steps before I could stop her. I looked at Patrick and Sam. I shook my head at them.

“You did this, didn’t you?” I said walking over to them.

“No man, it was all Sam’s fault.” Patrick said pointing at her.

“Patrick!” She said smacking his arm. “All I did was tell her that the dress she picked, looked pretty. She had the keys and the car.” Sam said looking innocently at me.

“Well, I am giving her the wish that she wants. I love her with all my heart, even the times she drives me crazy. But, what would I do without her? She is right. Life is short and she is the girl I want to marry. So why not take the plunge?” I replied with a smile.

“Chrissy, don’t you knock?” I heard Erelin scream.

I looked at Patrick and Sam and we all burst out laughing. None of us was brave enough to head upstairs. The funny part was Brendon should have locked the door when he went in, in the first place. This prompted a whole nother set of laughter seeing how much trouble he would be in for not locking the door.