How Dark Is the Night?

Follow The Leader?

(Chapter 79)
(Brendon’s POV)
“I have called this little meeting to discuss our plans for tonight. Since Amanda is in Chicago finding Pete, it is up to us to go out slaying and find any clues we can, to the whereabouts of Kat and Micah. You have Chrissy to thank for me being a little grumpy.” I said. After all, she did barge in on my time alone with Erelin as us both being vampires now.

“Look, I said I was sorry. I was just excited and thought my best friend would want to know.” Chrissy said sighing.

“It is alright but, it could have waited.” Erelin said.

“Who made you boss? I thought I was number two when Pete was away.” Patrick said.

“Well, since I am a vampire again and stronger than you, I claim the leader for tonight.” I said.

“Wait a minute. If anyone is going to pull rank, it is going to be me.” Erelin said.

“And what gives you the right to pull rank?” I asked.

“I was a vampire before you.” She replied.

“That doesn’t count. I was one way before you were ever turned. I just happened to be cured then uncured again. Besides, I am more in tune with my abilities then you are.” I said sitting down on the couch.

“Says who? I turned you. Don’t forget that it was me who saved your butt.” Erelin replied.

“You know, Amanda warned me that you would try to use that over my head.” I said as she sat down beside me.

“Oh, really? Did she bother to mention to tell you what I can do if you piss me off continually?” Erelin asked with everyone watching us argue back and forth.

“Look, I am not fighting with you. I am in charge.” I replied.

“All in favor of me in charge raise your hands.” Erelin said.

“Hold up that isn’t fair. I am in charge because Pete put me in charge as his number two.” Patrick replied.

Erelin flashed her fangs at him and he backed off. I did not think that was necessary so I flashed mine at her. Then she hissed at me. How could we go from awesome love making to fighting like mad? Too much, claim to territory going on here.

“We vote for Brendon. He wouldn’t threaten us with his fangs.” Sam said speaking up.

“See, I win and you are outnumbered.” I replied.

“Fine!” She said marching upstairs.

“Fine!” I yelled back.

“You are in so much trouble but we are glad we picked you.” Andy said.

“I don’t have a clue as to what got into her.” I said shaking my head.