How Dark Is the Night?

We Are In Deeper

“Pete you are not leaving me! Do you hear me! Wake up!” I said as I held onto Pete in my arms and slapping his face to wake him up. His wounds were bad and he had lost a lot of blood.

Pete had pushed me to the ground where I hit my head. I was stunned for a bit. When I came to, I had screamed for him to look out because a vampire was about to ambush him from behind only I was too late. Pete’s wound was deep from the crowbar attack on top of this other wounds.

“This is not how it ends with you and me! Do you hear me?” I yelled with tears starting to form. No, I could not cry over this. I was not going to cry.

I looked around to see that one of the vampires I fought off Pete when I was able to get up off the ground had dropped a switchblade on the ground. Pete needs blood to survive and right now a massive amount. I had to be the one to give it to him. I was the only one who could.

I reached over carefully and grabbed it with Pete lying in my lap. He was not dead yet but he was unconscious and on the brink of death. I heard Beckett’s words in my head. I did not see him around this time. I just remembered what he told me the night I almost died in the hospital. I had to save Brendon and now I was to save Pete. Pete really was not going to like this very much when he comes awake.

I took the blade and started to cut my left wrist. It hurt and I let out a slight cry. I could see the blood oozing out and I took my wrist up to Pete’s mouth to arouse the vampire in him. I rubbed my wrist on his mouth and he was still not awake yet but was coming to, his vampire self, becoming aware of the fresh blood.

He began to lick his lips, grabbed my wrist, bringing it closer to him, and began to suck the blood from my wrist. This was more painful then him biting my neck. Pete then came to, pushing it away and trying to get up. He was in no condition to get up. If he did not drink more blood soon he would die.

“No!” He yelled falling back onto the ground as he tried to get away from me.

“I will not drink from you.” He said weakly with his fangs still out. I knew he wanted to drink to heal himself but also because the vampire in him wanted me. He did not want to drink consciously because he knew he would not be able to stop and his dream would come true of killing me. However, I knew he needed to drink my blood or he would die.

“Pete, listen to me. You are going to die if you do not. You cannot even get up off the ground. You have lost too much blood.” I said.

“No, we know what will happen if I drink from you. You will die. I will kill you. Just let me die.” Pete said.

“No! Alex needs both of us. Pete, you will not kill me. I trust you and I know you deep down. You are fighting hard against the monster and you will win. Do you not get it? I came back for many reasons but one was to save you.” I said trying to pick him up.

“No.” He said with his fangs back inside his mouth as I picked him up and tried to stand him up.

“Fine! Then I will provoke you. I will make the monster come out and drink to save you!” I said pissed off. My wrist had almost healed up by now as I looked down at it.

“You can’t make me drink!” Pete fired back.

“Maybe not, but this will. I’m sorry, Pete.” I said punching him in the face as I still held him up. I hit him three more times before he flashed his fangs and pushed me against a wall, his eyes going back to being dark as they were when I found him outside by the pool after he was turned.

“Take it Pete. Just don’t leave me and remember I love you.” I said weakly as he tore into my neck. I felt different from in the past when he used to bite me. I had slayer’s blood too so I knew he would heal faster from it. I was becoming dizzy and we started to slide down the wall.

Pete finally had enough. His face changed back into the caring eyes I had known him to have. I tried to focus but everything was spinning.

“Amanda! No! What have I done?” Pete yelled trying to steady me as I was sitting now, against the wall.

“Pete…it is ok. I knew you could stop. I love you.” I said falling over and collapsing in his arms.